Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

ArmA Editing Guide - English Version

There are small typos in Deutsch for example "Skoda Weiß" (white) in the vehicle list, Beispiel trigger etc. but never mind, we all understand biggrin_o.gif outstanding job!

There are small typos in Deutsch for example "Skoda Weiß" (white) in the vehicle list, Beispiel trigger etc. but never mind, we all understand biggrin_o.gif outstanding job!

Thanks for reporting...

@all who found any issues..please report with the page where you found it, so we can fix all theses things. Thanks

Thank you all who contributed to this work.

I have updated my Signature, actually created firts time today. But now you can follow the translation work and always check it´s status. So far I/we finished a new part, so I will update this image with the new date.

EDIT:

No more status imgage needed, guide was released yesterday

/EDIT

thx memphis belle for the visual update. would it be fair to ask for a rough estimate on completion?

Hi acadiancrusader,

I am still in progress to translate the last parts (as you can see in my visual). Because my family wants me to have as what I am besides ArmA translator (husband and father) and my work is doing as same, so I am really not able to say when the translation is finished. But I promiss you and the whole Community that I will work as fast and as much as I can to offer you the Deluxe Edition in the newr future.

Greetings MemphisBelle

Thank you Mr-Murray and MemphisBell for this excellent work of yours! My eyes have been opened! Looking forward to the English deluxe edition - you can count on my purchase.

Are there any chance the next version will be made searchable?

/KC

/KC

Why searchable??... When the deluxe Edition has been released so you´ll find her at any known ArmA Fan Site...so you mustn´t search for it.

/KC

What do you mean by "searchable?" huh.gif

What I meant was making the text searchable inside the PDF so it's possible to use the "Find text..." tool to find what you wan't.

/KC

What PDF reader you use? I can search for text in both the english and german Editing guide using Adobe Acrobat, full not just reader.

What PDF reader you use? I can search for text in both the english and german Editing guide using Adobe Acrobat, full not just reader.

I use the latest PDF Reader only and i can search by typing in a keyword etc

Hey guys

All you have to do is to use Strg+F. That´s all. You shold download the latest Adobe PDF Reader wink_o.gif

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

I am using the Foxit Reader which is much more better than any version of the Adobe Collection. The reason is pretty simple. When I am using the guide while I am ingame so the Foxit reader doesn´t use as much of my PC´s Perfomance as the Adobe reader does. It supports all known functions like searching for textlines, searching for numbers, selecting text, making snapshots, adding notes and, and, and. Foxit reader is my personal favourite and I wont use the Adobe reader anymore.

Download and test the Foxit Reader

What PDF reader you use?

I'm using Foxit Reader 2.0. Seems like an update will fix it since MemphisBelle can search with latest version.

/KC

Love this guide dude,

Thanks for releasing it in English, i hope to see more stuff come out soon.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Jantemplar

Hi all!

Thanks a lot wink_o.gif

We´re planning to enlarge our translating team up to 2 guys,

so that we will have 2 translators an 2 correctors.

I hope that the translation will be done as soon as possible.

The next step is to layout the English version. It´s a very

time- consuming part of work.

Additional to that I´m planning to translate my Website in English, too.

Best regards,

Mr-Murray

I have updated the visual status bar again.

removed due to release yesterday

I found a further Issue:

5.45 - Generating units and objects Page 106:

Right in the middle of the subchapter there´s a word still in german. The german word is: Einheitsbezogen and means using with units.

Mr Murray and His team

I would very much like to say thank you very much for the hard work that you guys have gone through to providing this guide.

You certianly have changed my life in making it easier to understand on how arma works and how to put missions together for this i am indebted to you

But most of all i want to praise you for your unselfulshuness in sharing your knowledge with everyone and most of all you have done it for free

One can not thank you enough that you and your team have done this and this is what makes people such as yourself as well as your team special, and i am sure that so many other out there would agree with me (if they had the balls to)

Again all i can say for an ld soldier like me who is not very pc savy is thank you

Cheers

You certianly have changed my life in making it easier to understand on how arma works and how to put missions together for this i am indebted to you

I really have to say thank you for your great Feedback. That is one of the reasons why we did.

Hi all

I always have to say thanks for the great feedback!

Here are some short news about the forthcoming guide.

We are working very hard to make it final as soon as possible. I will enlarge my team up to 5 or 6 to make a better and faster job. Concerning your issues about a printed version via Book on Demand we have to clarify it whit the owner of rights (BIS) at first. I know that you all appreciate it because you don´t have to print it at home. I know this problem since my OFP-Editing Guide from 2001 wink_o.gif

Now comes your task! If you have found some mistakes or anything else in the short guide which doesn’t looks good or isn´t right explained, please don´t hesitate to write us. There are a lot of pages and it´s nearly impossible to see every mistake or something else.

Thank you all!!!

ArmA Guide Future

I don´t really know if I would write one more Guide for ArmA in future.  It´s a very time consuming job. Of course, the basics are the same and a layout is already present. All what I have to do is to create a new design for an ArmA II Guide and learn all new features about the new game. Additional to that I have to change all my script examples from SQS to SQF and implement all new things.

If I would use this great basic I could ensure to release an ArmA II Guide a few weeks or months (better weeks) after the A2-Release. Now I need to know what the community’s opinion about it is. Would you embrace one more guide like the existing/forthcoming one and… would it be one more pillar to the game in view of competition games?

Yours,

Mr-Murray

I today had the chance to take a look at the new guide (german). What shall I say? I'm speechless, because compared to the recently released Editing Guide this one has almost twice that many pages (330 compared to 168) and the amount of additional informations, hints and tips is incredible.

By just browsing through it quickly I found a bunch of things I didn't knew about yet. It really contains barely everything related to editing. Be it spawning of vehicles, creating CTF missions, Server commands or the basics of setting up a server plus the Admin commands. All this in between a lot of very well done pictures of units and vehicles.

You need at least two versions of this guide, a printed one for studying it and the pdf one for daily use while editing your missions.

Beginners in mission editing will love it, because of it's easy to follow instructions. The experts will make good use of it too because of the many references like building positions or extensive classnames lists.

It's a must-have, no doubt and Mr-Murray and his team did a damn good job here (as expected).  smile_o.gif