Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

Gore Limb Dismemberment Mod? WIP?

the discussion about children has already been made and it shouldn't be made for a lot of obvious reasons but mainly becuase we would end up getting BIS in trouble for it...

the trick with a dismemberment mod would be to make it look realistic I don't think it would take too much for the right people to make arms and legs fly off but I think it will be really hard to make it look good and still like a combat simulator.

if you just wan't the violence I suggest you go out and buy Postal2 that should satisfy your needs... and it is a entertaining game

lol played it, tryed it but banned here :S. Anyway yes it seems i kinda do like high violence in my games yes i dont know why but its not cause i wanna be cruel etc . Im directly asking one to be made im just asking if there was one or if there is one in WIP. Yes it might be hard im sure it can be made, not that im lazy its just ive tried learning how to model etc and im really bad at it and barely know how to even do it or even start properly. I would make it myself but im like a noob with this stuff ive tried doing tutorials and stuff and i just ended messing it up. But anyway alot of people i know who play ArmA still looking for a mod like this, not because we are animals but just so it looks more great and more like a realistic experience when you are in combat. I mean right now in ArmA you could see tons of artillery shells popping a whole squad and not one arm or leg is torn apart. Im just in it for the experience when playing the game so it looks as itll improve the game. Theres still many mods out there im still waiting on etc and theres many many great mods ive tried and some i believe that couldnt of been done but actually have.

People keep asking me to make Hamas and Hezbollah units that explode like that for the Lost Brothers mod, but that is something my mod would rather not do simply because some people find it painfully disturbing (especially if they are a combat veteran, a civilian victim of a war, or a survivor of a terrorist attack). However if its a standalone mod/addon that can be applied by an individual then I think that's up to that mod and their ethics as, as someone else said, we can choose not to download it. Sadly with the SLX mod I don't have much of a choice as it is the #1 AI enhancement mod. Fortunately the bodies flying apart don't happen that often.

An option to turn that off would be nice.

Also please don't call those who don't like extreme gore childish names or insults. We may have personal reasons why we don't like it. Even if you're some badass mofo combat veteran with a dozen confirmed kills, don't go judging others as all our minds are not built the same and we all handle traumatic events differently.

With that said, for those who love gore, have fun with it and hope you never have to see that kind of stuff in real life.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'd play a kill-all-the-children mod if it came out. I want PTSD from a computer game.

Sorry, the point is you shouldn't be able to have it(such a gaming experience).

Says who?

I don't think mods are covered by censorship laws.

Let's face it. If current or near future games showed what really happens to a human being in modern conflict, then very few people would have the stomach for it. I'm sure most people here have seen war docos where people describe what they saw in combat.

It's interesting to ponder which is better, a game where the killing is depicted as it is in Arma, soldier falls down, turns red, goes to sleep. Does this sanitise the very brutal act of destroying a live human being? "Yes I want to kill people in a game, but I don't want to see the results".

Is the realistic blood and guts version a more honest approach? Or is tearing your fellow man apart as entertainment perverse?

I don't know, but I think people should have the option to find out.

I'd play a kill-all-the-children mod if it came out. I want PTSD from a computer game.

Sorry, the point is you shouldn't be able to have it(such a gaming experience).

Says who?

I don't think mods are covered by censorship laws.

...says my opinion. Maybe ESRB at some point ala "Hot Coffee?" LOL.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Again, says only my opinion. That would raise the ESRB rating for the game would it not? Just an assumption there.

Like I was saying earlier though, there are no bounderies and yes, tearing your fellow man apart for entertainment "in all it's glory" is perverse; but nobody can stop it, can they? I don't hear much opposition in comparison to pro-guts anyway. If someone is going to develop a blood and guts mod the most even BI could do is discourage disribution no?

Posts like mine are merely "No, personally I don't think that's cool to make available" post with no control over the outcome whatsoever. So it is what it is only.

For me it's a "good" thing to have body piecies flying all over the place.

I remember a video about US troops in Irak, it said: "They are the first gamer generation at war, they grow up with actions games, but here they face the reality. In a war when you are shot you don't have a fast and clean dead, your dead is slow and painful."

Not to add that when a 20mm canon hits an arm it blows off, which doesn't happen in a game.

Some could also do a rape mod where you can rape captured female civilians if you want better realism.   Rape is a powerful tool used for ethnic cleansing and psychological warfare all over the world.  Should we simulate that as well?  

How about a beheading addon where if you play as a Al-Qaeda insurgent, you (or the Ai) can saw off the head of a captured prisoner (with wheezing sound made when wind-pipe is cut on prisoner...and make sure to make eyes bulge out) and  have your insurgent yell, "ALLAH'U AKBAR!"   Now that would be quite realistic...come on... lets not stop at body parts blowing up. Don't forget exploding female suicide bombers as well as kids to shoot as well...cuz kids can shoot you dead with an AK just as well as an adult.  Why not get truly realistic and bloody?  

Think of the great torture animations and sound FX that could be made!!!

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but if you all truly want more realism and realistic blood and guts, then ya gotta start thinking alot sicker.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

oh God, the DRAMA!

for the people that are offended by a dismemberment mod, when it's released don't use it, it's that simple. look the other way, it's not like you'll be forced to use it! it is a MOD.

no need to post junk about rape mod, child killing mod, etc.

oh God, the DRAMA!

for the people that are offended by a dismemberment mod, when it's released don't use it, it's that simple. look the other way, it's not like you'll be forced to use it! it is a MOD.

no need to post junk about rape mod, child killing mod, etc.

i simply agree i dont see why some people post junk about children and rape etc, seriously what has gore got to do raping children and woman and beheading people. as i said i am not talking about dismemberment mod for cruelty i said for combat only! When something like this releases then simply dont use it . I dont see why someone would bring up children and all this crap onto this topic when all im trying to simply discuss about a gore/dismemberment mod suggestion. Please keep on topic thank you

ok this is getting ridiculous....

if you want the dismemberment go and try to make it yourself or wait until someone brings it out.

so if youre craving blood just wait or run around with a gun in town...

for the others simply just dont download it..

for several people such a thing is a no-go cause its a GAME!

not friggen reality... games supposed to entertain you and not get you huddled in a corner screaming being disgusted...

also it seems to me that the more gore and violence is in a game, it sells better these days, cause it seems studios cant come up with new gameplay ideas..

personally i dont have problems with it, but the effect just gives you giggles for the first times but it turns unnecessary and a pretty fps killer in the end anyway...

do you play missions or are you up for some extreme snuff video??

grow up..

yea what does beheading got to do with body dismemberments DOT DOT DOT.... banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]as i said i am not talking about dismemberment  mod for cruelty i said for combat only

dismembering is not cruel no....

btw can i request a shag-a-goat mod for taliban fighters??

with spanking and fap sounds?? yes?

Just like all other threads about this topic, this one is going downhill fast. Being against gore/dismemberment is one thing, but there is no need to provoke or insult those who ask for it.

Nephilim is right in one respect though: if you guys really want to see this feature implemented, you're best off trying it yourself. The majority of people seem to be against it, so it's unlikely that anyone will be making it any time soon.

btw can i request a shag-a-goat mod for taliban fighters??

with spanking and fap sounds?? yes?

While we are add it, bring back the good old Camel shag too yay.gif

I already said that I'm fine with it being a mod cuz yeah, I won't download it.

Wow...suddenly everyone gets all offended cuz I talked about realistic war...  Hey someone said they wanted it to give him PTSD so thats why I brought that stuff up and because people were ranting about how body parts flying off is realistic. Hey shooting kids (when they shoot at you) is part of combat not to mention suicide bombers.  The rest was part of war which ArmA also can simulate.   I was just "keeping it real".   Suddenly everyone loses stomache for realism...  

Oh...so it is just a game?  Then good, my purpose is done at reminding people what it is.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Does this sanitise the very brutal act of destroying a live human being? "Yes I want to kill people in a game, but I don't want to see the results".

Is the realistic blood and guts version a more honest approach? Or is tearing your fellow man apart as entertainment perverse?

I don't know, but I think people should have the option to find out.

What? This is a game, you still have the reset button. You cannot die here. Thus your argument about killing people is invalid.

And gore doesn't influence realism, in the end it just causes 13 year olds to get the game.

What? This is a game, you still have the reset button. You cannot die here. Thus your argument about killing people is invalid.

And gore doesn't influence realism, in the end it just causes 13 year olds to get the game.

Sorry mate, you've lost me. huh.gif

I was wondering aloud about the fact that we are all playing at killing people, for fun.

Of course 'gore' influences realism in a game. If wounding and killing was more realistically depicted, it would have to be more gory. Realism is a very subjective term though.

Anyway. This is a discussion probably better suited to the Offtopic section. goodnight.gif

You dont kill people in a game....

you delete polys/ end logarithms...

people who play fps games should be wise when choosing words...

Hi, with the ArmA/OFP objects "weight calculation" i think that the

dismemberfest caused by a few rounds of 25 or 30mm HEI or HE

will look ridiculous and will make the thing look bad almost in all the

cases; and if it hits as hard as we could think in the FPS then it'll

be a complete loose of time at least for me in my opinion.

I think that's completly impossible to implement such feature in this

engine. Let's C ya

You dont kill people in a game....

It's not pedantic, it's splitting hairs.

last I looked the polys were kind of person shaped.

Yeah, I really agree with you Chops. I've noticed it is weird just gunning groups of "units"/people down in game with no consequence. They don't writhe about screaming, they just "go to sleep".

So yeah, it'd be interesting to see if this sort of thing would affect how people fight in game. Just because it isn't real doesn't mean the human psyche doesn't relate to it. Would you hesitate before shooting someone, knowing you might hear recorded screaming noises, or see an animation of someone thats just been shot. Surely if it was realistic enough there would be a shock value to it.

Would you go for headshots more? I guess maybe it only seems like a game up to the point where it looks real...

Quote[/b] ]You dont kill people in a game....

True, but that could also be said about a program where you just click on a box with an arrow to delete it. This is a little more involved...

EDIT: Also a little off topic, but still in terms of immersion/death...

Anyone else not like the way your camera changes when you get killed? It's currently either immediately 3rd person or say in a chopper, slightly back in the 3D model so it looks really weird. I'd prefer it to stay put and maybe snap or fade to black. At least that way one would wallow in one's foolish decision to dash between streets - for a few moments...

ok maybe you guys have some points correct, yes i agree with what some of you guys said there. But im not trying to ask for a dismemberment mod thats really realistic based in real life i just meant in a realistic looking way but not so the person explodes and screams for help with his leg torn apart im not basing the mod on realistic events. I was just giving a suggestion or asking if theres a mod still in WIP im sure there is one out there. Yes it might be hard to do, and no i dont ill be able to do that since i dont have alot of time in my hands and im really pathetic at modelling yes ive tried and practiced and i still suck. i barely no anything about graphic editing etc. I would make it myself if i was very good at it. I dont see why some people are they taking this to far it seems pathetic, like i said im not trying to ask for a cruel mod so you can sabotage them with a knife -_-. Im was trying to discuss about grenade and artillery shells, and tank shells and aircraft bombing that could cause this kind of effect to a unit in the game. Im not saying anything about going killing real people etc Some people just tried changing the topic...

SLX Mod

didn't see it posted.

Sorry if it was.

But for anyone who wants it.

You need 1.09

I'd opine that you should maybe work on making explosive

ordnance work properly on other objects first - I mean

realistically destroyed structures, bomb craters, wrecked

vehicles etc. Its rather silly wanting body parts flying around

like "Texas chainsaw massacre" when you can't even burst a

tyre [tire] in the game! biggrin_o.gif