Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

If it would be possible it probably would be SLX_Cloud.pbo but it might be also in other pbo's like SLX_Shoteffects.pbo, slx_vehicleeffects.pbo and slx_vehiclesmokelaunchers.pbo

edit: Removing the files you said really does remove the smoke but then I get loads of errors ingame (like when shooting ground, driving vehicles.. everything that created smoke in SLX).. sad_o.gif

I'd never think one misplaced ";" in the shortcut can do so much damage in ArmA tounge2.gif

So now i have startuperror:

"Addon 'SightAdjustment_AutoInit' Requiers addon

SightAdjustment

Clicking ok game starts, then comes:

Script 'ECS_Core\data\scripts\init.sqf' not found

EDIT:

It would be alot esier to just have Copy and Paste

the addons and data folders...Installfiles are 95% of

the times either corrupted or fawlty...Towers rofl.gif

PROBLEM:

Extract of one or more files failed

Thats when clicking "Install_SLX_CA"

Clicking Yes gives me:

"PBO Creation Failed"

I get that problem too sad_o.gif

please help?

So now i have startuperror:

"Addon 'SightAdjustment_AutoInit' Requiers addon

SightAdjustment

Clicking ok game starts, then comes:

Script 'ECS_Core\data\scripts\init.sqf' not found

EDIT:

It would be alot esier to just have Copy and Paste

the addons and data folders...Installfiles are 95% of

the times either corrupted or fawlty...Towers rofl.gif

That is because you've added two files into your addon folder out of the extra folder;

SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo which offcourse needs the Sight Adjustment add-on Sight Adjustmen BI Link

and

slx_ecs_xeh.pbo which needs the ECS mod to be loaded.

If you don't use these, remove them from the Addon folder.

EDIT: Well just copy-ing and pasting isn't what the .bat does... it unpack the pbo's and repack them with the adjusted files

Quote[/b] ]I get that problem too sad_o.gif

please help?

Do you have Vista as well? These files are not needed to use SLX, they just add some extra stuff.

Quote[/b] ]removing just SLX_Cloud.pbo gives missing file errors ingame and removing all of those you spoke about gives "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'.", after clicking yes theres another error "Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod" and ArmA doesn't start.

Would be really great if someone could find a way to remove the smoke without errors (thats probably going to require removing something from some .pbo file) or possibly an update that would make SLX Smoke "Plug-In/Out" without any errors, that would be completely perfect smile_o.gif

EDIT: Aw sh*t, it seems theres something wrong with my arma, stuff that I said above may not be related to SLX

You either have a bugged patch install or missing the patch. So yeah please try reinstalling the 1.12 patch or reinstall ArmA completely. The second errors refers to the new shader files which are made for 1.11/1.12 adjusted coastal areas, it is actually included in the bin folder of this mod

SLX improves AI but often it breaks some missions like in OFP eg. in "Combined Arms" own group fight against T80's and don't retreat as order was given via radio.

What about to make this SLX-Mod with selfstanding components like "SLX AI tactics", "SLX Effects", "SLX Vehicles", "SLX Units" etc?

Anyway its a good addition to vanilla ArmA and hope we see some further work on this! smile_o.gif

You either have a bugged patch install or missing the patch. So yeah please try reinstalling the 1.12 patch or reinstall ArmA completely. The second errors refers to the new shader files which are made for 1.11/1.12 adjusted coastal areas, it is actually included in the bin folder of this mod

Sorry for that, I found out there was an additional ";" hidden in my arma shortcut and that made so much "damage".

I edited the previous post:

edit: Removing the files you said really does remove the smoke but then I get loads of errors ingame (like when shooting ground, driving vehicles.. everything that created smoke in SLX).. sad_o.gif

I activated the mod with gedgetys tool (arma launcher).

Do i get all the features like this? (without starting the Bat)

What I have seen until now is great!

Sorry for that, I found out there was an additional ";" hidden in my arma shortcut and that made so much "damage".

I edited the previous post:

Ooh okay, glad you found the problem smile_o.gif

And I allready thought removing that file would break the mod.

Quote[/b] ]SLX improves AI but often it breaks some missions like in OFP eg. in "Combined Arms" own group fight against T80's and don't retreat as order was given via radio.

What about to make this SLX-Mod with selfstanding components like "SLX AI tactics", "SLX Effects", "SLX Vehicles", "SLX Units" etc?

Anyway its a good addition to vanilla ArmA and hope we see some further work on this!

Solus might be able to create all sort of seperate modules, but he made this mod to be used as a whole, offcourse there will always be different taste and when creating modules you'll probably get people asking if it could be possible to create everything in one module as a standalone... and then you'll end up with seperate add-ons instead of a mod. Yet this is my opinion not that of Solus. So you might see this happening in the future I can't promise nor deny it.

Quote[/b] ]I activated the mod with gedgetys tool (arma launcher).

Do i get all the features like this? (without starting the Bat)

What I have seen until now is great!

Yes you do smile_o.gif The Bat is just a different way to create the shortcut as you can get a small message with that way, now you just start the mod immediatly trough a different solution smile_o.gif

I agree it should be used as a whole but only Sounds/Effects should be detachable (that should count for all mods being worked on) because thats usually the thing thats really a matter of taste and should be configurable as the user wants smile_o.gif

Or there's a second (harder) way - open the .pbo's, spend days finding out what to delete/edit to make the errors go away and make signatures for the edited file(s) useless tounge2.gif

I dont use vista, so then do i just extract all files into my addon dir?... huh.gif

I was hoping I would manage to wait for the new patch until I installed ArmA on my new PC, but this mod makes it hard to hold that promise.

<span id='ME'><center>Colossus tries to think about other things, such as the release of GTA IV the next day.</center></span>

Must resist...SLX.. ArmA! crazy_o.gif

Looks great. Keep up! biggrin_o.gif

I dont use vista, so then do i just extract all files into my addon dir?... huh.gif

if you REALLY want to use the extra files, unpbo the weapons.pbo and Ca.pbo place the files from new data in the correct folders and repbo them and place them in the SLX Addons folder

Im not sure if its just my unintellegent mind or if its just a problem some ppl are getting but I downloaded the mod and installed it just the way you said too but I cant seem to get it running, I cant seem to drag anything in game and my AI are still stupid. little help pls

did you change the sound too? as it seems to replace the sound mod i am using, if it is true, how to get this mod to work with other sound mod like FDF?

did you change the sound too? as it seems to replace the sound mod i am using, if it is true, how to get this mod to work with other sound mod like FDF?

This has already been answered, read the entire thread.

This has already been answered, read the entire thread.

thx, my stupidy

now the only issus is the effects that i'd like to get rip of, only problem is that those file are needed for the mod to function normally confused_o.gif

For anyone interested, I've managed to do a complete isolation of the body dragging and body armor segments of SLX (cannot be separated further without shifting gameplay for the worse). Zero dependencies/loose ends, no errors. And no, slx_cloud is not needed.

I won't release it unless I have permission from Solus/paragraphic l, but I can walk anyone interested through the process for now.

For anyone interested, I've managed to do a complete isolation of the body dragging and body armor segments of SLX (cannot be separated further without shifting gameplay for the worse). Zero dependencies/loose ends, no errors. And no, slx_cloud is not needed.

I won't release it unless I have permission from Solus/paragraphic l, but I can walk anyone interested through the process for now.

Well I'm in no position to give you permission. Please read through the readme, IIRC you should be allowed if you just give the correct credits, but don't take my word for it PLEASE first make sure it's written in the readme

Quote[/b] ]Quote

The only problem for me is the missing voices!

Missing voices? Have you put SLX_NoVoice.pbo in Addons folder?

Yeah it says its missing several sayings like contact3, underfire2 and such. Is this an issue with EVA?

i get the same issue, and i am also using @EVA. i'm going to remove it and test it.

Played a few single-player missions and what i found the most annoying part of the current mod-stage: Recoils and Barrel-climb rates!

They are so unrealistic especially for the AK74 series...

They have almost NO RECOIL in real life through their tiny,small caliber + same goes for M4/M16 in real life.

Please either use the Beta 1.12 standard ones or use some similar to what the Q-Recoils Addon does. Or soemthing between whistle.gif

This changed together with the removal of smoketrails from bullets, and the two major complains from my side would be gone.

Best Regards, Christian

Nice mod! Love the stuff it does, even though it makes my computer at school feel ancient tounge2.gif gonna try it at home soonish so i know if its the same there biggrin_o.gif

btw im wondering, is there a way to disable drag action to opfor soldiers? its kind of funny when i move around at the battlefield and i get action drag bla bla dude away and its for enemy soldiers tounge2.gif awesome to see the thing in action when a.i using it and all.

Also is there someway to disable player from not being able to stand up when suppressed? I know it could be a life saver but sometimes imo it could mean death due to slow movement speed crawling on the ground when a bmp 2 shows up or something biggrin_o.gif

This mod still isnt running for me  sad_o.gif

I havnt got vista, i dont want the extras.. Just wanna play SLX mod, please..

Quote[/b] ]Halochief89 Posted on April 28 2008,23:41

The only problem for me is the missing voices!

Missing voices? Have you put SLX_NoVoice.pbo in Addons folder?

Yeah it says its missing several sayings like contact3, underfire2 and such. Is this an issue with EVA?

it is, i just removed my @EVA mod and i didn't get any errors.