Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

Quote[/b] ]I'm a little confused about the installation. Is it better to use the SLX.bat or edit the target? I installed the additional two .bat's if it makes a difference.

Ok, I tried it and I'm having a major problem. After about five minutes of playing screen freezes for a second and I start getting major graphic glitches. I tried opening the mod both ways, but it hasn't helped.

The .bat is just a quick shortcut, if you open it in wordpad you get the same type of shortcut you use in the target line, there is not a better one just use what you like.

The two bat's will add some muzzle flashes and other stuff, have to check again what is added with Ca.pbo

Do you use any other mods? or just SLX? and what is going on on your screen before the glitch? never had this and is not reported by any of the beta-testers we had. Which beta version do you use? Might be that you don't have 1.12 and this is the problem you get then... not sure though.

Sorry, false alarm I think. The same type for glitch happened in Oblivion an hour later, so I think my computer was just messing up. Luckfully restarting fixed that, though at the moment I don't have time to test the SLX mod to be 100% sure.

Great work! biggrin_o.gif Figures I'm not going to have access to ArmA for two months starting next week, but I'm glad I got a chance to try my hand at this at least before that! This mod really turned OFP around in its autumn years, and is sure to do the same with ArmA before ArmA 2 comes biggrin_o.gif *already looking forward to SLX for A2* xmas_o.gif

Anyway, just a random aside: RUG DSAI seems to work fine with this as far as I could tell, although SLX of course comes with its own voices. Unfortunately these voices seem (unless I'm mistaken!wink_o.gif to be the same for all sides at the moment. So you'll probably have SLA speaking both English and Russian/Spanish as it looks like right now :P

Great work Solus!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Runs fine on my rig.. only get an error at the beginning about SLX_vehicles.

This is really a musthave mod. It's GREAT, thank you very much.

is there a way to get the crosshair back? (white aiming things) help.gif

Hi there.

All I have to say is this;

Congratulations!

Excellent!

You really have added some much too this game its untrue, things really do seem to be picking up pace in the addon making community here and this little beauty has ambushed us all. pistols.gif

It will be in my arma folder for some time no doubt wink_o.gif

Thankyou so much for making this addon, your hard work is appreciated, and if every you need some sounds making up give me a shout, it would be an honour... notworthy.gif

Regards

Mark XIII

When i load the game through my shortcut or bat file i get an error saying
Quote[/b] ]Addon 'SLX_ModVehicles' requires addon 'SLX_Vehicles'

huh.gif then game loads.. and i knw it wasnt just me getting this a clan mate also did.  smile_o.gif

@Matt Rochelle

You have to download addon SLX Vehicles which is external,

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=704

Mainly SLX is a great mod. Anyway I got a few issues to your mod:

* Slower weapons reloading is a bad idea. Pls. change to normal speed because presently reloading weapon looks stupid like one-man-slow-motion.

* Slower M9 shooting animation is also useless. I propose to change to default.

* Changed animation of throwing grenade is stupid too. Soldier hides his weapon back and then he throws grenade. It takes longer time than original ArmA. Pls. revert it to default.

* "Safety Weapon_Name" in action menu is useless and it covers the screen. It's the same action as double click CTRL key. Similar thing about putting NV Goggles in action menu. Everyone knows it is N key.

* Some problems with animations. Sometimes when I take pistol and crouch a soldier crouchs, he hides his weapon back and he takes it to the hands again. A bit strange but I hope it is able to fix.

I have also had some problems with installing extra addons (CA and Weapons). During installation it is looking for CA.pbo or Weapons.pbo in my beta folder. I haven't got them there so I don't know why this installer is looking for them right there?

Anyway, your mod is a great piece of work. You have probably spent a lot of time working on it. Just a few minors make scratches on this diamond. GJ!

great job on the mod, but where can we get the 1/09 patch needed for this mod? all I saw was a beta patch that didnt work..so... help please  whistle.gif

You can download the 1.12 beta patch at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3012

Am I supposd to delete the 1.09 before I install the 1.12?

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

thanks for the great mod! it's awesome!

it runs smooth on my rig, and mine is a 3 years old rig mind you.

its features are astounding, the AI can now cover, also they're more human like, and the cheapness of the Ais are now minimum to none. it's really surprising, it does what other mods don't do, like ordering another AI to mount a UAV on the Sanitizing Operation mission. wow_o.gif

the first time i tried it i used Six packs, ECS, VFAI, and SLX. it's compatible, but it seems that the combination of ECS + SLX = Uber AI! i always ended up being handed my ass to me by the AI on the Sanitizing Operation mission. so now i use SLX without ECS, the only downside of this is due to no ECS the Ais don't climb buildings no more. can you please make the AI climb buildings also in SLX? anyways thanks for the mod! i highly enjoy it!

notworthy.gif

edit:

also on one game when i was using ECS+SLX on the Sanitizing Operation mission, the MI-17 turned back and shoved a rocket up my squad leader's ass! i was like wow_o.gif all in all good times.. good times...

great job on the mod, but where can we get the 1/09 patch needed for this mod? all I saw was a beta patch that didnt work..so... help please whistle.gif

You can download the 1.12 beta patch at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3012

Am I supposd to delete the 1.09 before I install the 1.12?

the readme says so, also i used the 1.12 then uninstalled it, then used the 1.09 then uninstalled it, then use the 1.12 again without a hitch.

PROBLEM:

Extract of one or more files failed

Thats when clicking "Install_SLX_CA"

Clicking Yes gives me:

"PBO Creation Failed"

yo, really looks great but a problem have come up.

when i press the start SLX bat it just blinks and fade, my computer needs a clean install i guess...? mayhaps someone can send the files through msn messager? thanks smile_o.gif

never mind figured it out.

Hey, this thing is crazy! I'm loving it already, aside from the bugs here and there which is to be expected with anything. But yeah, this thing really threw me back and I'm loving it, though I still have a bit more exploring to do myself.

I looooooooove the tracers! I was checking them out in my M1A1 as gunner and zoomed all the way in and was able to really see what they looked like and.....wow! And apparently they can cause things to catch on fire I assume because I managed to set a tool shed on fire. (Man that farmer's going to be pissed crazy_o.gif). They really shine at night too.

I think I read something about a grenade animation? I didn't notice any change to be honest. I picked my frag and pressed and he just threw it as normal (rifle shown but dropped to toss it). I was expecting something like in America's Army with the hand to aim or something. Can anyone provide a screen shot as to how it's suppose to look, please?

Anyway, there are some things I feel mixed about. I love some of the new animations, but the way one walks with an RPG or AT on their back just seems weird. As if the army hired 90 year olds as pack mules to carry their heavy equipment.

The slow reloads, while understandable reason-wise, just need to go in my honest opinion. Especially in the heat of battle, I've been shot reloading by flanking enemies as it is, now with reloading taking weeks to do, that's even worse for me let alone for the guys counting on me to help suppress the enemy.

I still have quite more exploring to do, but thus far I am extremely pleased with the mod for sure. And I'm sure it's only going to keep getting better and better. Great job on it! thumbs-up.gif

Hey. Does this mod work together with XAM?

Because that would rule so hard my teeth would fall off.

That's a good question. I just assumed this is compatible with XAM since the SLX Vehicle's has a XAM compatible replacement fix that was released a few days after the core SLX Vehicles AddOn.

Besides this, I can't say whether it actually works or not. I spent a ton of time yesterday trying SLX with various AddOns/Mods but I completely forgot to try SLX Mod with XAM.

But if it does work with XAM, my hunch is that you will have to use a newer version of XAM that has some compatible with XEH.( I believe Snake2200 started to work in XEH compatibility in XAM v1.4, but I can't remember.) The best bet is to use the most recent version, XAM v1.4:06.

Thanks for bringing this up. I look forward to the actual answer. biggrin_o.gif

Ok:

Got it to work somehow...

Ill state what i disslike:

Smoketrail...To weird

Loadingtimes...Naa

Crosshair...NOT REALISTIC with the dot coming

and going...Put the old one back please

The doors and ramps should open BEFORE i get in...

Not after

FOV is weird for me, get sick...

What i Like:

Mele Knife...Sweet

Tracers....Ok

Pulling and dragging stuff (Ammoboxes, wonded etc)

really nice..

Vehicle enging startup...Nice

Turning in/Turning out...cool

Being able to look further back is nice

Smokeshels in M1 and others....Thats really sweet

Doors and Ramps are nice...But should be opened

first...Like "Open Door" then option to "Get in"...

Well thats what i have tried so far...

I will be back

rofl.gif

After the install, what am I supposed to do with the Addons and DBE1 folders that are extracted from the RAR file?

Well, first of all thanks for this one!

We Hottentottas have been using The.D's "Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion" for some time now. (Thanks a million for that guide and also all the add-on developers who provide the add-ons we use!!wink_o.gif

We've tried SLX in combination with The.D's list and liked some of what we saw while disliking other parts. The part we liked most was the addded AI behaviour and therefore sorted through the pbo's in order to isolate this component and add that to our server.

Here are the files we use:

slx_ai_dispersion.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_gl3.pbo

slx_wounds.pbo

slx_ecs_xeh.pbo

At this time We've placed them in a seperate folder on the server and load them at the end of the command line:

...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -profiles=Profiles -mod=DBE1;beta;@ECS;@General;@Replacements;@SLX

Works perfectly in multiplayer!!

Thanks again for all involved in enhancing ARMA.

Regards,

Mike and Gerhard

Wow, finally it's out! Really a wonderful mod, thanks for making it smile_o.gif

Just one little question: Which files would I need to remove (or edit) to get rid of SLX effects/smoke? Imho thats the only thing that kinda makes SLX look weird.

Thanks for the reply smile_o.gif

@Cheeso; thank you for that info as I wanted the AI behaviour but wanted to keep other effects and enhancements.

Thanks for the mirrors and all the comments guys smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- Most weapons have tracers enabled, for some reason (Mk12? Might be a mod conflict, I will let you know later on)

You might have a tracer magazine loaded first, I know at least leaders have these as standard.

Quote[/b] ]- Animations are great but sometimes a bit buggy (I somehow found my "eye" position next to my right knee, after firing a Javelin, putting it on the ground and moving forward - possibly a conflict with TrueMod, I will check it out later).

Please let me know if it's TrueMod or not, cause the only thing I know that sounds like this problem is that you stay zoomed in while the weapon is being put on the back and you switch sight only when you have other weapon again, so you might be experiencing that.

Quote[/b] ]- Did you change projectile velocities on some weapons? Seems a bit slow at times (might be the smoke trails, though, kind of a placebo effect)

I'm not sure if Solus did change this or not

Quote[/b] ]In short: Does SLX have a modular file design? I.e. can single features (not just .pbo's but also certain game scripts/adjustments/enhacements within single files) be turned on and off, like in ECS?

It's been requested in early progress but seems to be too much work and probably too hard to get working correct. You can remove some pbo's but these are mostly for sound effects and stuff like that

Quote[/b] ]One question, do hummers still blow up if bullets hit it?

Nothing is changed to BIS damage system if that is what you mean, you can still destroy a hummer if you shoot it long enough. Solus did change the probability of vehicles exploding

Quote[/b] ]News + Mirror by ePrison.de

SLX Mod by paragraphic l

Regards,

Stavanger

It's SLX Mod by Solus wink_o.gif but thanks for the mirror biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- How can tracers be enabled / disabled per ammo /weapon?

You can get tracer rounds.

Quote[/b] ]- How can AI enhancements be enabled for other units?

All AI is affected by SLX, not just default units

Quote[/b] ]Which pbo(s) add in the body armor effect? When I try to run a (modified) slx_wounds (dragging bodies and increased damage) by itself, the body armor effect is missing and every chest shot becomes a 1 hit kill.

---

I'm definitely not the expert here, but from what I've seen dissecting SLX, alot of pbos have interdependence on one another, and it takes a bit of work to cleanly extract certain elements without having weird effects pop up. Again, not the expert. Just going by what I've seen/modified so far. Hope OP can fill us in with more detail.

You've actually answered your first question with your second answer, you might be able to get it working but it will probably cause some weird problems. Technical questions like these I just can't answer for you, and Solus isn't around to help with these atm.

Quote[/b] ]When i load the game through my shortcut or bat file i get an error saying

Addon 'SLX_ModVehicles' requires addon 'SLX_Vehicles'

I thought SLX_Vehicles was not needed for SLX Mod to work, the error suggests otherwise so please get it from the link in OP

Quote[/b] ]Sorry, false alarm I think. The same type for glitch happened in Oblivion an hour later, so I think my computer was just messing up. Luckfully restarting fixed that, though at the moment I don't have time to test the SLX mod to be 100% sure.

Okay, great to hear... at least for Solus wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, just a random aside: RUG DSAI seems to work fine with this as far as I could tell, although SLX of course comes with its own voices. Unfortunately these voices seem (unless I'm mistaken!wink_o.gif to be the same for all sides at the moment. So you'll probably have SLA speaking both English and Russian/Spanish as it looks like right now :P

Check the extra folder in Addons, it gives you different options for RUG DSAI voices to work with SLX Mod

Quote[/b] ]Trying to install on a VISTA pc...

Getting some weird error when

installing extras...

Anyone else??

Sounds strange as it's just an text based .bat install, could it be you're not the admin on your system?

Quote[/b] ]is there a way to get the crosshair back? (white aiming things)

There are some crosshair add-ons out there, they might give you your crosshair back

Quote[/b] ]* Slower weapons reloading is a bad idea. Pls. change to normal speed because presently reloading weapon looks stupid like one-man-slow-motion.

* Slower M9 shooting animation is also useless. I propose to change to default.

* Changed animation of throwing grenade is stupid too. Soldier hides his weapon back and then he throws grenade. It takes longer time than original ArmA. Pls. revert it to default.

Design choice, yet Solus might want to change it in the future, please report it in the bugtracker. And at least grenades don't feel slower for me and haven't seen what you describe with AI, only when they are shot and throw a smoke grenade. Bugtracker

Quote[/b] ]* "Safety Weapon_Name" in action menu is useless and it covers the screen. It's the same action as double click CTRL key. Similar thing about putting NV Goggles in action menu. Everyone knows it is N key.

Also a design choice, and it might be easy for beginning ArmA players, AFAIK this is also in vanilla arma.

Quote[/b] ]* Some problems with animations. Sometimes when I take pistol and crouch a soldier crouchs, he hides his weapon back and he takes it to the hands again. A bit strange but I hope it is able to fix.

Reported before, please place it in the bugtracker and give a complete description on how to reproduce this. Bugtracker

Quote[/b] ]I have also had some problems with installing extra addons (CA and Weapons). During installation it is looking for CA.pbo or Weapons.pbo in my beta folder. I haven't got them there so I don't know why this installer is looking for them right there?

Left-over from older beta patch I guess.

Quote[/b] ]the first time i tried it i used Six packs, ECS, VFAI, and SLX. it's compatible, but it seems that the combination of ECS + SLX = Uber AI! i always ended up being handed my ass to me by the AI on the Sanitizing Operation mission. so now i use SLX without ECS, the only downside of this is due to no ECS the Ais don't climb buildings no more. can you please make the AI climb buildings also in SLX? anyways thanks for the mod! i highly enjoy it!

SLX AI DOES climb buildings, and you can turn of ECS AI, while keeping other functions wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]PROBLEM:

Extract of one or more files failed

Thats when clicking "Install_SLX_CA"

Clicking Yes gives me:

"PBO Creation Failed"

Do you have the NewData folder?

Quote[/b] ]Hey. Does this mod work together with XAM?

Because that would rule so hard my teeth would fall off.

Not sure, might be if XAM is XEH compatible, yet some stuff might work in each others way

Quote[/b] ]yo, really looks great but a problem have come up.

when i press the start SLX bat it just blinks and fade, my computer needs a clean install i guess...? mayhaps someone can send the files through msn messager? thanks smile_o.gif

You can also just do it the normal ArmA mod way, adding -mod=beta;@SLX to your shortcut smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Please check the Start_SLX.bat shortcuts in notepad or such a text editor, as Solus has placed some other mods in the Start_SLX.bat file</span>

Quote[/b] ]Crosshair...NOT REALISTIC with the dot coming and going...Put the old one back please

It's not the crosshair, it's the actual aimpoint and it's a general problem

Quote[/b] ]The doors and ramps should open BEFORE i get in...

Not after

Might be fixed in the future

Quote[/b] ]FOV is weird for me, get sick...

What resolution do you play?

Quote[/b] ]Here are the files we use:

slx_ai_dispersion.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_gl3.pbo

slx_wounds.pbo

slx_ecs_xeh.pbo

At this time We've placed them in a seperate folder on the server and load them at the end of the command line:

...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -profiles=Profiles -mod=DBE1;beta;@ECS;@General;@Replacements;@SLX

Sounds great smile_o.gif but can you check your ArmA.rpt if it actually works without any problem? Would be a good temporary work-around for the MP problem

Quote[/b] ]Just one little question: Which files would I need to remove (or edit) to get rid of SLX effects/smoke? Imho thats the only thing that kinda makes SLX look weird.

If it would be possible it probably would be SLX_Cloud.pbo but it might be also in other pbo's like SLX_Shoteffects.pbo, slx_vehicleeffects.pbo and slx_vehiclesmokelaunchers.pbo

Please be sure to report serious bugs in the bugtracker!

Bugtracker

Yes i have the "NewData" folder and in it ther is:

ca folder

in that there is

data folder

and in that there is

data folder and scripts folder

?!?

PS: I use SLX on ArmA_Beta only, no other addons..

Exept HiHi Sounds and that worked great..

EDIT: Tried to right click and run the files as Admin

and i got a screen that wanted me to confirm and

i did then some screen flickerd and then nothing...

Now i have:

In NewData folder, ca and weapons folders.

In ca folder:

data folder

and

scripts folder

and in data folder: data folder: and in that zasleh.rvmat

in scripts folder i have onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs

Quote[/b] ]Here are the files we use:

slx_ai_dispersion.pbo

slx_findcover.pbo

slx_gl3.pbo

slx_wounds.pbo

slx_ecs_xeh.pbo

...\Armed Assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash  -profiles=Profiles -mod=DBE1;beta;@ECS;@General;@Replacements;@SLX

Sounds great smile_o.gif but can you check your ArmA.rpt if it actually works without any problem? Would be a good temporary work-around for the MP problem

Just checked the Arma_Server.rpt and our clients Arma.rpt and saw no errors relating to SLX. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Mike and Gerhard