Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

As most here will agree, this is a first class mod and really brings in some truly innovative and long awaited features.

However similar to other forum users I do dislike the new dust/cloud effects because of various reasons (fps hit, seriously hindered visibility, ...).

Having said that it would be great to have this part of the package either as a "cut&move" part or configureable through a config file similar to how ECS does it.

This is the only gripe I have with SLX

To disable the heavy and unfriendly-CPU Smoke effects/Wind Effect and Tracers (In order to use SLX alongside with 3rd party Addons such as (SIX tracers or Madmatt Fx)):

1st Step:

- Unpbo 'slx_gl3'

- Open slx_gl3\f\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

- Scroll down until you find 'SLX_ShotFX = 3;'

- Set it to 0

- Convert the folder to .pbo and overwrite the original slx_gl3

2nd Step:

- Unpbo 'SLX_vehicleEffects'

- Open the 'config.cpp'

- Delete the following lines:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

{

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_INIT_LINE

};

class Air

{

// Start air effects on flying aircraft

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Wind="_this exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Air_Wind.sqs"");";

};

class Ship

{

};

};

// Vehicle damage effects

class Extended_Dammaged_EventHandlers

{

#define SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE SLX_VehicleEffects_Dammaged="_this spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

class LandVehicle

{

SLX_VEHICLE_EFFECTS_DAMMAGED_LINE

};

class Air

{

};

class Ship

{

};

};

class Extended_Hit_EventHandlers

{

class Plane

{

SLX_VehicleEffects_Hit="[_this select 0,""random"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

class Extended_Killed_EventHandlers

{

class Air

{

// aircraft crash effects

// SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] exec (SLX_VehicleEffects_Path+""s\SLX_Dmg_Vehicle.sqs"")";

SLX_VehicleEffects_Air_Killed="[_this select 0,""DeadCheck"",damage (_this select 0)] spawn {_this call SLX_VehDmg}";

};

};

- Save and convert the folder to .pbo, then overwrite the original file.

Regards,

TB

Cool, thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks Thunderbird84

Yeah, this is great when coupled with ECS. I'm just wondering how compatible the two are? I've had a few CTDs when running them together. Usually when wounded, both SLX's and ECS's healing options are on the action menu.

Silenced weapons make it harder to have quick kills, yet normal weapons should work better now than vanilla arma.

tried it with unsilenced weapons after i snatched it from a dying Ai lol... pistols.gif it works like a charm!!

but why did the silenced weapon get the downgrade treatment ? is this realistic? i never shot a silenced firearm before, but i'd imagine they still be able to hurt someone just as much. where can i modify the damage values of the silenced rifles?

AFAIK US army uses only supersonic ammo in their supressed weapons (SPR, M4 etc). No subsonic round is in inventory.

And subsonic rounds are usually designed to be 2-3 times heavier than normal bullets so they still carry the same or close ammount of energy.

Tried the steps Thunderbird suggested but I still get the smoke, rocket effects, etc.

Then I just moved the "Bin" and "NewData" folder which can be found in the "@SLX" directory somewhere else to disable them and voila... no more smoke and dust

thunderbird84, thank you so much for "fixing" this thumbs-up.gif

Gonna try asap

@Einsena

The stopping power on subsonic rounds depends on the ammunition manufacturer. The "extreme shock" is a subsonic round supposedly carried by U.S. special operations forces that is supposed to have incredible stopping power. Subsonic rounds don't have the velocity or kinetic energy of regular rounds, but as Panda said, they are normally design in a way that makes up for the difference in energy.

Tried the steps Thunderbird suggested but I still get the smoke, rocket effects, etc.

Then I just moved the "Bin" and "NewData" folder which can be found in the "@SLX" directory somewhere else to disable them and voila... no more smoke and dust

Erhm... you need the Bin folder to have the mod function correct.

And in the NewData folder there is nothing which affects Smoke.

TB thanks for the work-around smile_o.gif Now something I don't know anything about, but do the other FX add-ons add what is removed when setting the 'SLX_ShotFX = 3;' to 0? As I read = 1 is ArmA default and I would think other add-ons will probably use this to instead of the =3 setting?

The way suggested does only decrease the amount of features concerning Smoke Effects/Flames/Tracers... etc, but if you want to completely disable them.

Then follow the risky (but nonetheless working) way suggested by Karaya1 (Fully delete \@SLX\ [bin] || [Dta]) folders.

Regards,

TB

Erhm... you need the Bin folder to have the mod function correct.

And in the NewData folder there is nothing which affects Smoke.

Well it does work without the "Bin" folder... and it seems whatever I do to the 2 files Thunderbird suggested that the config.cpps in the "Bin" folder overwrite it. Modifying the 2 files alone does nothing for me...

Just testran my install with the 2 folders removed and it does work without any error messages, AI and me do experience shock, blood loss, can fall unconscious, can drag bodies and take each other prisoners = the whole show

PS: I've also disabled a couple of other pbos including:

- loadout & modpeople (gives error about some "headname" class, resulting of "Bin" folder missing)

- modt72 (renders the rangefinder from the NWD addon useless... not nice m'kay? smile_o.gif)

- modvehicles (I dont use SLX vehicles)

- modweapons (got my own weapons mod based on NWDs work which I dont want to get messed up)

- vehiclesmokelaunchers

What I AM using atm:

- AI Dispersion

- Anims

- voices

- cloud

- ecs_xeh

- enginestart

- findcover

- gl3 (modified as above)

- kegsspect

- melee & meleegive

- misc

- nwdfixes (a tad modified, took the T72 armour fix which is analog to the m1a1 fix from the t72pbo and put in here)

- reloadshout

- shoteffects

- shout

- vehicleeffects (modified as above)

- wind

- wounds

Works great notworthy.gif

Is it possible to disable the smoke, but keep the awesome tracers? *gets on knees and prays its possible*

Is it possible to disable the smoke, but keep the awesome tracers? *gets on knees and prays its possible*

Of course... if you do as I do, then the tracers stay

can we play this mod with sounds from Chammys or Fromz??

From within the first two pages whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Oh, one other thing, can I use a different sound mod with this? If so do I have to remove any files from the SLX mod or just place it after SLX in the target line?

EXAMPLE: -mod=@SLX;Sounds

I just add the Sound mod behind SLX, but there is a SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds.pbo which you can take out to have ALL the sounds replaced.

Ok Im having a problem with the Start SLX bat. I installed the mod but I cant open it with the bat

This mod amazed and surprised me. Increased the chaos level tremendously!

However, it made my Last Tango in Bagango mission go crazy.

Examples of how a thoroughly beta-tested mission can misbehave with this mod:

1. Triggers fired early (not sure why). Friendly and enemy reinforcements came to town right away, when they should have waited until I completed the first objective.

2. My squad was more interested in dragging injured enemies around than following orders.

3. Satchel charges set with time delays went off too soon.

4. Explosions way more powerful, so secondary explosion scripts kill people much further away than intended. Wiped out my whole squad.

5. Mine explosion much more powerful, so mine backpack explosion script (where you shoot a miner's mine on back) kills people much farther away.

6. AI leaves waypointed paths when under combat (not necessarily a bad thing). Increases likelihood of AI leaving cover or jumping off building.

7. AI uses nearby vehicles on their own initiative. One objective in this mission is to find the hidden fuel truck, and destroy it. With this mod, the AI guard got in the fuel truck and drove it to the fight. Bad move on his part!

This is not a criticism of the mod. I am just pointing out that missions created and tested under vanilla arma will behave completely differently under this mod. So beware.

This is not a criticism of the mod. I am just pointing out that missions created and tested under vanilla arma will behave completely differently under this mod. So beware.

that's why i love this mod so much, it keeps on surprising me again and again lol!

Ok Im having a problem with the Start SLX bat. I installed the mod but I cant open it with the bat

Just create a custom shortcut and add the following to the target line.

-mod=@SLX

You don't have to use the Start SLX.bat.

All of this information can be found in post earlier in this thread.

Isnt the recoil pretty ridiculous? its way too much imo!

Just create a custom shortcut and add the following to the target line.

-mod=@SLX

You don't have to use the Start SLX.bat.

All of this information can be found in post earlier in this thread.

-mod=beta;@SLX

Should be used, it won't work good with anything lower than 1.11

Quote[/b] ]This is not a criticism of the mod. I am just pointing out that missions created and tested under vanilla arma will behave completely differently under this mod. So beware.

Yeah, it isn't suppose to break your missions, but they should at least change how things will be going. The guy getting in the fuel truck is probably thinking he could help as reinforcement and is probably called for by one of the teams in the front lines.