Sign in to follow this  
EricM

MI 24 : Who wants it ?

Hello all,

Allmost one year ago I started a MI24 for Arma.

I did the model lods (10 of them!wink_o.gif, textures (color, specular, normal, all with tight and clean UV to avoid 100's of paa files) I even had a first version ingame (with a crappy config) and that's where I asked for help for a more experienced modder to make it fully functional.

Something like 4 o 5 months ago I handed the model to some guys from BAS, which seemed serious, and never heard anything from them again.

In the meantime I reworked some parts of the model to make the landing gear fully retractable, add gauges, heat dissipators and more weapons variants etc...

I think that the quality is overall better than the actual RHS Hind and it's certainly more optimized in terms of textures.

Now it's lying on my hard drive and I'm so fed up with it that it will probably never be completed.

I think that's a real waste, so if anyone experimented wants to put it ingame, PM me and I can even provide the max and PSD files on top of the p3d and paa.

Bye

Eric

Have you tried RKSL? Or Q? These guys are the master coders, RKSL is specialized in aircraft.

And yes, it'd be a real big shame if it went to waste. A huge big shame. It looks so great that I think somebody will be willing to help you out! There has to be!

2EricM

Send me a few pics of that via PM. Project '85 might be interested in it. wink_o.gif

Kind regards, Andrei.

I agree that it is better then the RHS hind..or should I say, Scars hind. However Scars created his Hind's back in the OFP days wink_o.gif

Still it's a shame to hear the project has been cancelled by you..I'd make the request if I had any experience with Arma config but as of right now I have 0%.

I hope you can find someone to do it justice...mmm..the first hind with dynamic arming..no, the first russian vehicle with dynamic arming...

But since you have it ingame you might want to think about releasing it and then letting people talor it, it wouldn't be a 'waste' at all then smile_o.gif

Here are some older pics of his Hind. http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=69;t=59366;st=60 Previous page has a few images of the model without textures, any chance of seeing a few pics of the latest build?

neat stuff smile_o.gif

respect mate!

not bad. though a lot of 'round' parts needs to be smoothed with additional plois or normal map. atm imho RHS's one looks better.

Quote[/b] ]Something like 4 o 5 months ago I handed the model to some guys from BAS, which seemed serious,  and never heard anything from them again.

have you tried to ask them ? wink_o.gif

+there's 85' project... and FFUR.. and ?

and you can always release just a model letting some volunteer to code it someday...

i offered you my help 1 year ago and I do it again..

EDIT

oh and my hope would be that it then would be included in ACE..

Guest RKSL-Rock

We'd be happy to help you get it in game and working!

I agree that it is better then the RHS hind..or should I say, Scars hind.

In which way?

Im not judging anything here, i just wanna know what aspects you like more on it.

I think the cockpit looks pretty decent on this one here

I agree that it is better then the RHS hind..or should I say, Scars hind.

In which way?

Im not judging anything here, i just wanna know what aspects you like more on it.

I think the cockpit looks pretty decent on this one here

number of textures for one..

with the new merge tools that could been corrected for the "old" mi24..

Hmm, are those scratches on the glass? Those black lines?

In which way?

Its the weathering that his has, I'm a sucker for a battle worn looking vehicles.

I wouldn't mind doing some work on this, me and GranQ worked on the RHS hind so perhaps another alliance between me and him is in order smile_o.gif

All right, I packed the source files I had, trying not to forgot any and will upload it today (400Mo).

It contains :

- Original Max9 files models (all the LODS in different layers)

- PSD files with the different layers for easy customizing.

- Tga and paa exports

- 3DS files exports (texture names and local paths will have to be checked)

- a PBO file featuring an older version of the model with older textures and rvmat and a crappy config. NOTE THAT IT DOES NOT FEATURE ALL THE ELEMENTS OF THE NEW MODEL AND TEXTURES.

As various people seemed interested, but might have different needs for it, I've decided to release it under some kind of creative commons licence : You can freely use and distribute the model and textures for non-commercial purpose, but if you wish to modify/enhance it, you have to redistribute it under the same conditions.

I will PM the download link to following people :

- Mechastalin & GranQ, who ported Scars/RHS Hind to Arma.

- RockofSL

- Thunderbird 84 of Project '85.

I thinks that's a fair deal and the best thing for the community as a whole, and I'm sure these are intelligent people that communicate together so as to avoid doing the same work 3 times.

If someone disagrees, has questions or comments, feel free to ask.

Bye

Eric

PS : Note that if you don't have 3D studio max9 you can freely download a 30days trial version and use that period of time to export all the necessary assets to whatever format suits you.

EricM, great smile_o.gif

I wonder if we somehow could cooperate with the other mods.

P85 might more be intreseted in texture it to "polish textures during 1985" I assume..

While me and mecha would love to get it ingame for ACE mod..

Hopefully there will be some afghanistan 1985 aswell, 9 th may soon here with the computer game 9th rota and the russian victory game.. and the soviet "invasion" of afghanistan haven't been played enough in armed assault.

Anyway, again, on behalf of ACE, Addonmarkers and the community, thanks eric.. smile_o.gif

Hello EricM , can u send me that dowload link too , i gotta love to do some tweaks and maybe skins too,

ahead thx for this mi24 smile_o.gif

BTW Offtopic u know all , that mi24 what is in arma 2 , it was in alpha/beta version of Arma 1 biggrin_o.gif

....While me and mecha would love to get it ingame for ACE mod......

"Warning, Mr.g-c get wet pants!" yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Can't wait for it....

Best Regards, Christian

BTW Offtopic u know all , that mi24 what is in arma 2 , it was in alpha/beta version of Arma 1 biggrin_o.gif

and here i thought arma 1 was the alpha/beta version... wink_o.gif

EricM, very nice model, good work, but i say, why MI-24 again??? Why not MI-28huh.gif Or plain for SLA??? We nead more models: MiG-21 ;23 ;29 ;35, SU-25 ;27 ;30... And this only OPFOR...

But we wait for this HIND notworthy.gif

And plz. change config: RHS Hind pushover in batle with BIS Cobra... In real life his can shoot enemy with missile...

yay.gifnotworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]very nice model, good work, but i say, why MI-24 again??? Why not MI-28huh.gif Or plain for SLA??? We nead more models: MiG-21 ;23 ;29 ;35, SU-25 ;27 ;30... And this only OPFOR...

Short story : I started that a long time ago, when there wasn't a MI24 in game, plus it looks cool.

At last, I consider Arma mainly as an infantry simulator hence, the only vehicles that make sense are ground support or transport vehicles, and the Hind does both.

PS : the whole point of this thread is for me NOT to do the config work. So I can't promise anything.

Bye