Sign in to follow this  
Armed_101

Most Realistic Sounds

Ok, Got a question... What is most realistic sound mod out to date? Keep in mind, that I said "Realistic" so im looking for the closest mod to the real thing as possible.... Real gun sounds would be great, not a sound mod that makes the barret sound like a pea shooter!!!! So what do yall think? smile_o.gif

Also add if you would like, why you like the particular mod....

This should be under the Arma:Discussion forums just to let you know whistle.gif

If an Admin would like to move it to the discussions forum, please do.... I just didnt know where to post it.... biggrin_o.gif

I wonder why you don't try it out yourself?

Better search for soundmods and read through those threads.

Because all i want is input on what realistic sound mods are the best or the ones that everyone is using.... Very simple, just type the mod and thats it.... Cant get much easier than that... Instead of going through 100+ pages of stuff, that people have wrote on how to get a particular mod to work or what would make it better blah blah blah.... Just type what the name of the mod is that you are using or that you think is most realistic and thats all....

Well if you haven't been cloned into a "favorite" sound mod camp just yet, soon to arrive is Chammy's sound mod (the new version).

Keep an eye on the thread HERE:

There are a few to be honest, but as regards someone really trying to stick to realism then I guess Chammy's is the one.

Thank you Mr. Cash.... Amazing, at least someone has positive input.... I appreciate the response....

If Chammy isn't your taste (which isn't likely) then AACf and FDF Sounds are very good and realistic as are nearly all of the sound mods here. firefoxlover.gif

CSM is really good for realistic sound. If you don't like CSM then Fromz 1.4P Sound Mod is kickass.

I'm using Fromz 1.4P, excellent work. Great sonic cracks, richochets, etc...

not to be hating but AACF isnt what id call realistic. it tries to convey the power of gunblasts but fails horribly and the gunshots end up clipping (sound term when the wavetops "clip through the roof" because of a too high volume) with a metallic reverb. what i do like about it though is some of the ambience sounds. im waiting for chammys because his soundpack has the most atmospheric sounds in arma (imo) ill probably replace the gunshots with my own though.

$0.02

i us fromz 1.4 too. i just love the weapon sounds (m4, ak especially) but waiting for chammy´s

u might want to check out fromz 1.3 too, it has some nice tracers made by fromz.

There are no "Most Realistic Sounds" in a GAME.

Just have the mod "SOUNDS Realistic."

FDF has best quality, It's great, I love it.

CSM's unrelease Version 2 sounds perfect, keep eye on it.

I helped, edited some AACF sounds and scripts, I think AACF sounds perfect. And as I know, I helped a other unrelease sound mod called "Hi-fi sound mod" " will coming soon. I tested it, more batter.

Every sound mod, Choose as you like. they are both GREAT.

No BEST, Just BATTER. smile_o.gif

hmmm smells fishy to me...

geddit? batter? fish? batter? geddit?

sigh.

Back OT, I was a great fan of the FDF sound mod, really nice feel to it although perhaps not realistic. But above and beyond origional sounds.

Now Im using Fromz which I am also happy with but I miss the jangle of equipment when I run, which I had in FDF.

I dont think there is a perfect mod out the but lots of very good ones.

Shame its not easy to mix and match sounds from diff mods....or is it?

Rgds

LoK

For private use for yourself, I wouldn't say it's difficult, nor would I say its easy as pie neither. If anything it's time consuming especially when you end up with 10 different sound variants of a single weapon and you pull your hair out trying to pick the best one you like. I've done it like 3 times now. But once you got everything chosen and throw together a config to reflect those changes it's worth it. This way it's all private and tailor-made to your liking, which is hard to do for everyone since taste varies. smile_o.gif

BTW, I hear ya on the equipment movement sounds. I love those too, something many tend to disregard when putting together a sound modification it seems. I'm hoping chammy will include some in his release. *gets on knees and prays to chammy and sacrifices a virgin*

@ Armed 101:

Quote[/b] ]

Well if you haven't been cloned into a "favorite" sound mod camp just yet

The reason I mentioned this quote was the fact that simply asking what you did will open up that great can of worms which is personal taste tounge2.gif

If I were you, and I hadnt really delved into the sound mods much yet, I would stay a audio mod virgin and wait until chammys new one comes out. Mainly because your whole point was what sound mod is "trying" to be "real" ... and I can only see that Chammy's out of many is trying to be "real" and not "bloody great sounding but not exactly close to reality".

Once you have tried it, then goto all the others mentioned here and compare. So far I would say the current Chammy version is good in the reality attempt but some levels where a bit low. So get the new Chammy one ... then work your way backwards, that way your getting a "Close to reality" sound mod which your specifically asking about without being swayed by hearing others first.and then see if thats really what you like in the game or if something different is what you end up staying with.

For the records ive butchered all 3 mentioned here for personal use, but Im still positive that Chammy latest will iron things out. (and i'm no fanboy or a person who blows smoke up peoples bottoms either .. and very fussy about audio).

I like Chammys Soundmod and the AACF Soundmod. This time i use AACF. Both are very good sounds. Test it and find your favorite...

Its all just a matter of taste, some like this some like that. Everyone has their own opinion of what sounds better. That's why we (soundmodders) never cease to try and improve on what we have previously accomplished. Chammy is making another version , so is Fromz.... and yes BlackKnight and myself are going back in to update the AACF soundmod. But there has to be a cutoff point, we all seem to raise the bar a little higher each time one of the sound mods are released. So stay tuned over the next few months should be a whole lot to choose from soon enough..

Sav

Thank you all for your input... It is great!!! In the future, maybe this post will help others who are looking for a realistic sound mod and dont know where to get started.... Keep it coming!!!! One question i had is concerning the sounds of the individual weapons... How do you get the sound clips of the individual weapons? Do you get sound clips from actual gun fire? I think the explosions on all of these are great... Very realistic... Being a gun enthusiast, I have shot many weapons.... Maybe im being too picky when it comes to picking the best sound mod out of the bunch because im trying to compare it to the real thing... But anyways thanks all of you who has posted so far....Keep it coming!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Armed_101

To be honest mate you might want to just keep checking this thread as regards informing new people of whats what with mods:

HERE

It isn't stickied which is why you might not have seen it, i'm still at a loss as why its not a sticky (cough, moderators, cough tounge2.gif ) as its becoming very valuable thread for mods.

Well if you haven't been cloned into a "favorite" sound mod camp just yet, soon to arrive is Chammy's sound mod (the new version).

Keep an eye on the thread HERE:

There are a few to be honest, but as regards someone really trying to stick to realism then I guess Chammy's is the one.

The problem with chammys, is all the shots sound like they are being fired from 10 meters away.

So when you a shooting in first person, it seems very weird..

Personally, I use FFAM or FAAM (whatever it is called) It has very shecshy sonic cracks.

I think chammy's work is the most consistent throughout and inturn the most realistic. This guy puts alot work in for the amount of time he gets so I gotta say his mod 'for realism'. Although if you combine some of the different mods you can get a great thing going...hehehe

for instance;

Any number of Combat sound mods (Chammy's / FAMM1.4 / BPA 1.5 / FDF 1.3 / YBSM 1.0 / MODWAR 0.55... etc etc)

Extended Voice Addon. v0.9.1 by nikietha (OMG WOW!wink_o.gif

ECP mod (nice ambient chatter & misc vocals)

Wolfrug's Dynamic Sound AI (DSAI) (Awesome Radio/Battle chatter mod)

check em out !

Regards

MarkXIII

If you are using a good sound system (e.g. proper headphones or speakers), I recommend trying FDF Sounds, as it seems to have highest quality sound effects that cover higher frequency range and good atmospheric explosions etc.

Some sound mods (Chammy's, etc) seem to have a lot of sound effects that are missing low and high frequencies. That's not a problem if you are using a cheap headset which wouldn't produce these frequencies anyways, but with a bit better speakers or headphones you can hear the difference. It's probably because the source of many of the sounds in these mods has been youtube/liveleak videos, thus having low quality source for the audio in the first place.

These plastic/toy sounds that are missing the lower frequencies are especially problem when you are shooting a weapon in first person view, when a person would normally even hear low frequencies amplified due to the fact that low frequencies are also carried to ear with bone conduction.

Best way, however, is to try them out and pick which one you prefer most.

Most sounds come from sources like YT or Liveleak, etc, which are always of a lower quality. You can go out to a rifle range and record some shots but again the outcome depends on the recording device: a mobile phone will sound crap, but a $500 digital recorder with a mic will get excellent results.