Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Dwarden: I dont have this problem, but I own Nvidia graphic card (GeForce 8800GTX), so it is probably the problem of Ati cards. I am not sure though.

I've manually removed 1.09beta. I've installed the new beta but launchin' ArmA by kegetys launcher tool the game don't start (it works perfectly with the previous beta). Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Anyone has notice about mods incompatibility?

I have no problems 1.11 ArmA with kegetys launcher tool.

But since you are having issues, I do suggest you delete the entry.

THEN CLOSE all kegetys windows. ALL of them.

Then restart the launcher tool. Create a new entry for the beta mod.

And of course make sure you point it to the correct arma exe.

If its really bad even this procedure might not work. I have had weird things like this happen in the past but gotten around it with persistence.

kegetys launcher is a great tool. Its worth the persistence.

Try that. Good Luck.

Max Arma Settings No Visual Bug/ Medium No Bug Etc.. Geforce 8800 so it may well just be a ATi..

thanks to you. I've solved: the prob was caused by a weapons replacement config I've made time ago for wipM14/M4. Now I'm tryn' to understand why cause it worked fine with 1.09.

Thanks a lot. Regards

@Dwarden:

This happened when v1.09 bin.pbo was loaded with v1.11. If you are running 6thSenseMod or any other mod that has a bin.pbo from an older version than v1.11, this could very well be ur problem :-D

hi,

When I launch the patch, it tells me that I have a version 1.7 yet, I have a version 1.85163!

The patch is not installed huh.gif

hi,

When I launch the patch, it tells me that I have a version 1.7 yet, I have a version 1.85163!

The patch is not installed huh.gif

Make sure you delete the contents of your current ArmA\beta\ folder first, you probably have an old version of the 1.07 beta in there.

Bugs still found unresolved since release Version

Version 1.11.5244

Unit: BMP-2

Description of the problem:

Player as commander in the BMP-2 can't use the command menu or any other command method (F1-F12 and number keys) to command any unit in or outside the vehicle.

only commands possible are direction commands and klicking on target with mouse button.

Weapon: Mk12 SPR

Description of the problem:

Weapon shows no muzzle flash on model. Muzzle flash is visible in ironsight (v) mode only. Muzzleflash lighting at night works but without any visible muzzle flash.

hi,

The patch is not installed  huh.gif

Make sure you delete the contents of your current ArmA\beta\ folder first, you probably have an old version of the 1.07 beta in there.

notworthy.gif

anyone else gets this visual error ?

Ah finally someone else has this bug. Already thought i am the only one. What graphic card do you have and which drivers are installed? I have ATI Radeon X1700 Mobility in my laptop with modded catalyst 7.12 driver. (modded in order to be useable on the laptop). Suma assumed its driver related problem but I couldnt fix it.

ok i seen this on several ATI cards from 16xx to HD38xx on drivers including latest 8.3

this would mean at least last 4 versions of drivers got this 'bug'

No graphic bugs here.Arma works flawlessly with this patch.Things do appear better from what i recall (been a few weeks since I played Arma)

Ati HD3870 but I just noticed I am still running Cat 7.11 from November

Now I don't dare to upgrade drivers yet

Patch works well for me.I don't notice many differences as it worked well with 1.09 also.Does seem to be less texture swapping now and no predamaged vehicles

AMD X2 6400+, 4 gig ddr2 ram,HD3870 512mb ddr4,XP64

No startup switches like maxmem or anything,installed over 1.09b without removal of beta

No addons, didn't install QG last install either

I played Evo among some other missions for a few hours straight,joined like 5 diff servers

Flew over water and such,I didn't see what your seeing.Looks nice

Sorry i didn't post troubleshooting,just trying to help determine that graphic bug

No bugs to report, just wanted to give BIS a wink_o.gif for their work.

Vista 64+ 4gig ram + server= great gaming!

NO ONE HAS THIS BUG?!

you mean missing recoil? can you tell us what have done to try to debug?

Posting my bug report here aswell, plz excuse if not wished:

Great patch, for what've seen until now.

But we have huge problem with our server, tried on 2 locations.

Servers are either behind Built in Server 2003 Firewall / NAT, or Vista Firewall and router.

Clients can not connect and the arma_server.rpt notes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation completed

The clients arma.rpt:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

Client is Vista

[*] All ports are open (server port + the 3 follow ports, all udp)

[*] Also tried disabling battlEye ( battlEye = 0; )

[*] Disabled firewall + nat on server and client, no help

[*] Servers and clients all are multi-homed (multi interface networked)

There are also other servers up, which seem to have the same problem, I can only join 1/10 servers out there.

Reproducable:

Server: Windows Server 2003 x64, Install SP2, install all updates

[*] Install ArmA

[*] Install ArmA, and QueensGambit, Patches until v1.11

[*] start server with: -mod=dbe1;beta -config=test.cfg

Server has 2 network adapters, 1 connected to internet protected with windows firewall and nat enabled.

test.cfg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hostname="  Test Srver";

password="test321";

passwordAdmin="test123";

motd[]=

{

"Welcome"

};

motdInterval=4;

voteThreshold=0.50;

voteMissionPlayers=2;

equalModRequired=1;

verifySignatures=0;

disableVoN=0;

BattlEye=0;

vonCodecQuality=10;

logFile="server_console.log";

Client:

[*] Install XP SP2, all windows updates.  Same problem with Vista SP1, all windows updates.

[*] Same ArmA install, 2 lan connections, 1 connected to internet and router

Client try to join server, not possible  "Connection Failed" in about 5 seconds.

If we setup server and connect over Hamachi (http://www.hamachi.cc - we can connect to the server without any problems)

I am having the same problem with NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3) with clients trying to join my server. Reinstalled game on server, Ports are opened, Batlleye tried disabled & enable. Nothing changed or screwing with shortcut.

Anybody else having this problem? Any solution?

SlackAdjuster

When trying to connect to an Internet game i got a message that CAA10 is missing.

It seems that the A10 is gone after the upgrade.

A teammate noticed this after using the 1.09 Beta uninstaller. That's why I never used the uninstaller.

same

CAA10 is missing

huh.gif

Anybody else having this problem? Any solution?

We're running VMware server + Windows XP on our linux server, and we had the same problem. The solution that worked for us, was to connect the Windows virtual network card directly to the physical network interface with its own IP address assigned (so no NAT involved anymore).

I followed instructions for the installation now i seem to have lost the A10....? crazy_o.gif

Why? Do i need to re install everything again now? mad_o.gif

Same problem (CAA10) with one of our guys in yesterday squadnight (we used 1.11 succesfully) - we had to remove A10s from missions so he could join.

Hmm ok, sorry to hear others have the same problem.

But its frustrating because i have carried out the installation as per instructions given in the read me files.

Yet there are conflicting reports on how everyone has installed this patch to get it too work.

Is there a quick fix for this? or does it means a complete reinstall from scratch?

Cheers.

I added the A10 addon over at OFPEC for those who lost it.

A10 @ OFPEC

Hi.

Is the maxmem switch broken in 1.11.0.5244? I can only get it to launch without the command.

Was home for lunch had a quick try with the patch and renamed beta to beta2 ran patch then ran arma and it says ver 1.85xxxxx thats 1.09 beta ?

My shortcut was arma.exe -mod=DBS1 -nosplash

Tryed -mod=DBS1 to -mod=Beta and it gave me an error related to 1.09

Will be home in an hour to try it again.

Cheers

did you run it with the arma\beta\arma.exe ?

did you run it with the arma\beta\arma.exe ?

Noraf i just came accross that on some other posts. Will try it and let you no.

Cheers

Hmmm Weird OGN Servers installed the 1.11v patch and the players and no complaints yet... all installed ok without problem smile_o.gif

Funny how some ppl have so much trouble with patches and some don't huh.gif