Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

Thanks for the patch, I really like the performance increase smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

As much as it pains me to agree with Jerry he's right here. I am convinced this issue is a large part of why ArmA wasn’t picked up by a large part of the MP/FPS community.  It just costs too much to rent Windows servers these days.

We do need much better Linux Server support.

As for the patch:  I’m experiencing some of the same issues as the others.  MP CTD etc.  I still haven’t managed to get a good connection to my game server that sits 2m behind me when using 1.11.

thx very much hoz, this is the only problem i face for this patch for now, hope it stays there

Kudos to the development and testing teams. Can't wait to test out the new features and fixes.

I for one, appreciate your dedication to making ARMAI better than ever.

xmas_o.gif

have to agree to jerryhopper too

since many arma server is running on Linux i hope there is more support for it

yet all i could hope is to have Linux server cames out together with the final patch

THATS VERY IMPORTANT

Seems we need a hotfix for the sever soon tounge2.gif

Anyway, I tested the VON with a friend on LAN and Im really impressed! The direct communication adds a new dimension to the game. wow even when you rund behind a bush your voice is muffled. notworthy.gif

And I can only agree with the linux server support: Most ppl wont even try the beta patch if there are no servers using it. And thats a pitty because we cant even use the VON online now...

Quote[/b] ]This "patch" is a joke, isn't ist?

Those three little things you mentioned somehow make the patch a joke? You have an interesting perspective on things. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Great the Shack Tactical server is running version 1.11.

Finally we can join their server now!

The ShackTac server has not ever been and never will be open to public play. It's a private server for good reason, and it will stay that way. Members-only.

Quote[/b] ]If you want ArmA 2 to sell, think about the linux users.

This isn't ArmA2, this is an ArmA1 beta patch process. They've already said they're working on a Linux server. It'll be out when it's ready, same as everything else. Your post isn't going to change that or suddenly make them magically pull out a finished, bug-free Linux server for 1.11.

Hello there,

first off I appreciate the continued support.

Unfortunately as it happens some new bugs introduced themselves.

I can confirm the A10.pbo being uninstalled.

And I also tried everything but I can't get anyone to connect to my dedicated server or my client-server from the outside. I get the same error sickboy reported. For that reason I can't give any feedback on any of the VON stuff.

What I could test is the "selectPlayer" bug , which is still at large and is probably going to be continue to ignored, possibly even into ArmA2 , which is a bit of a shame, but hey-ho

For further information , see my post here. SelectPlayer Report

Quote[/b] ]

Those three little things you mentioned somehow make the patch a joke? You have an interesting perspective on things. crazy_o.gif

This "three litle things" are persitant since the release version from 2006. That must be a joke.

There is a limit in patience.

can someone plz send me the A10.pbo file?

it seems its the installer deleted it, would be better for BIS to take a look

unlike others i have received no error message while i am installing

Can anyone confirm this? What are the exact steps to have a10 (and armory?) addon removed from the game?

still getting a black screen when using 4GB on Vista x64 sad_o.gif

What system specs do you have exactly, esp. GFX with what drivers version?

How do you launch the patched game exactly?

Server admins:

If you are not running BattlEye, make sure you have this line in your server config file.

Quote[/b] ]battleye = 0;

If you have had trouble with people connecting to your server, try that. I can't say that it will resolve the issue (it may very well not), but it did resolve an issue we had with the public patch.

Server admins:

If you are not running BattlEye, make sure you have this line in your server config file.

Quote[/b] ]battleye = 0;

If you have had trouble with people connecting to your server, try that. I can't say that it will resolve the issue (it may very well not), but it did resolve an issue we had with the public patch.

battleye = 0; in the .cfg works fine on our server till now.

Can anyone confirm this? What are the exact steps to have a10 (and armory?) addon removed from the game?

i unstall the 1.09 beta, install the 1.11 patch, no error, then it ask me if i want to install battleye, i say yes, when its finnish i return back to the patch install window, still no error, then when i start the game it find the A10.pbo missing

i was running on a "clean" install where all mods are placed at mod folder, oh and i dont have QG install

Just played for 2hrs and first time with no ctd with memory errors.

Smoother animations and recoil is excellent...

I have everything set on high now...

VOIP Awesome smile_o.gif

Performance is great

Good job BIS

I have the 505 Games DVD version updated to 1.09 beta. I don't have Queen's Gambit.

Operating system is 32-bit Windows XP Home Edition.

I did this to update to the current beta patch 1.11:

1) ran Uninstall_ARMAPatch_109beta.exe as administrator, it reported no errors

2) then noticed that it did not delete the beta folder and the files inside it, so I deleted the whole folder manually

3) also manually removed 'beta' entries from UnInstall.log which is in ArmA directory, also removed beta shortcut from arma directory

4) ran ARMAPatch_1_11_beta.exe, yes to battleye, it reported no errors at any point

5) started ArmA using the shortcut 'Launch Arma Beta Patch' in ArmA directory.

6) got message box telling me that "CA_Hotfix requires CAA10", then checked ArmA\addons and indeed there was no a10.pbo

7) played "Sanitazing operation" without getting any errors

8) Reinstalled ArmA and all patches from scratch to make absolutely sure that there are no errors caused by me.

9) Started ArmA using the beta shortcut in ArmA directory, and now it doesn't complain about anything during startup.

My theory without proof is that the Uninstall_ARMAPatch_109beta.exe removed the A10 addon. It must have been in ArmA\Addons and not in beta\Addons I think. Or maybe the 1.11 beta patch installer removed it? I don't know.

I know nothing about the Armory, didn't look at it.

Mk19 excessive recoil on Strykers and Hummers hasn't been fixed, ditto for the SLA counterpart.

The bug where you go from crouch run(you are in crouched position and you run forward, not sprint) to prone and first it launches a sprint animation before going prone is still there.

Mouse still jerks while aiming at longer distance. It just jumps five pixels. Rather annoying, compared to the smooth mouse input you had in OFP. Hard to pinpoint things. I don't think it's related to this:

5207 - Fixed: When fast moving with mouse, cursor sometimes jumped once more after turning was stopped.

Even if I move the mouse slowly it's very hard to get it where you want it usually.

Vehicles still flip when colliding with some objects sometimes.

No AI command action to turn off engine.

been testing the patch and Ecs mod and everything works exellent thumbs-up.gif i noticed how a.i soldier walked over a bridge , it was fantastic and how a.i's where doing some very much improved combat tactics. smile_o.gif

ok i need a check list for addons that should be in addon folder incase there is other things missing, can someone give me one?

kind of like the AI crossing bridge, just place enought waypoint for them and set them in "safe" or "aware" then they would go through the bridge, there is stopage in the middle or at the start, but i can take it

AI sometime will stuck on the bridge if there isnt enought waypoint

Can anyone confirm this?

Never happened to me. First thing I did after starting up 1.11 was try out the A10 and it was there, and it worked.

I renamed the 1.09 beta folder before installing.

I did install BattlEye.

And I manually added the QG patch pbos.

The install went fine for me.

Feedback on the patch:

Good:

-The viewdistance optimisation is nice. Played some basic A10 mission I made with it set to 4km, flew over north Sahrani and it looked great and ran smooth. Before the patch the framerate wouldn't be smooth and I would see slow texture loading on the terrain. Looked great smile_o.gif

-Plane rudder is better now. The flight model feels a bit better overall.

-A10 GAU8 cannon is much better now, and more fun to use wink_o.gif

Bad:

-Slightly worse framerate in dense bush and around trees? Not sure about this one though.

-Still the same recoil as 1.09, which IMO is too easy. The M4 can be fired rapidly and the entire magazine can be fired on a target almost as if there was no recoil, while standing!

Q11 recoils in 1.08 were more like how they should be IMO. Probably the 1.09 version of his recoils are good too, I just don't know because I didn't try those ones.

None of the issues listed below are new in 1.11, but remain unfixed from before:

-Plane throttle control still doesn't work like an actual throttle. And thrust still automatically increases as the plane nose points up.

-Vehicle grenade launcher recoil.

-AI squadmates (when player is leader) still randomly get stuck in places (In Combat mode, not 100% sure about others).

I haven't played it for very long yet. Maybe I'll have some more detailed feedback later.

Quote[/b] ]This "patch" is a joke, isn't ist?

Quote[/b] ]Great the Shack Tactical server is running version 1.11.

Finally we can join their server now!

The ShackTac server has not ever been and never will be open to public play. It's a private server for good reason, and it will stay that way. Members-only.

Quote[/b] ]If you want ArmA 2 to sell, think about the linux users.

This isn't ArmA2, this is an ArmA1 beta patch process. They've already said they're working on a Linux server. It'll be out when it's ready, same as everything else. Your post isn't going to change that or suddenly make them magically pull out a finished, bug-free Linux server for 1.11.

Please don't try to force your opinion on others. We all know how special you are, but people have the right to post their opinions here. We don't need you responding to everyone's comments.

Thanks for the patch BIS. Keep up the good work!

Mk19 excessive recoil on Strykers and Hummers hasn't been fixed, ditto for the SLA counterpart.

This is still highly debatable.

In the other thread about Mk19 recoil, a soldier who was in Iraq said that when his gunner fired ONCE at something to his left while driving on the road, his vehicle jumped a lane to the right.

In the other thread about Mk19 recoil, a soldier who was in Iraq said that when his gunner fired ONCE at something to his left while driving on the road, his vehicle jumped a lane to the right.

hum? isnt that the driver trying to change lane to avoid something?

biggrin_o.gif

I've manually removed 1.09beta. I've installed the new beta but launchin' ArmA by kegetys launcher tool the game don't start (it works perfectly with the previous beta). Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

What are your system specs? 4k! jeez

A bit lower than yours huh.gif

You should be able to have a similar viewdistance, maybe higher.

Of course when the battles get big, then the viewdistance needs to get dropped. But for average fights 4km is fine. 2km when they get big.

And 1.2km for when they get really big tounge2.gif

Win XP 32bit.

AMX X2 3800 (2x2Ghz).

2GB of DDR400 RAM (cheap brand, made in South Africa).

Geforce 7800GT 256MB.

There are videos on sites like YouTube that cleary show that the vehicle does not jump back from the recoil. It's a bug in ArmA with the 'shotshell' simulation, ArmA seems to assume that when it's fired from a vehicle it is a tank shell and recoils the whole vehicle.