Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

Fidelis Marines

very nice!

Unfortunately it looks like Brian M Haley used .jonny's work without a permission as armaholic.com forums say.. Now we just have to wait how will they sort it out (same stuff like with those US Army SF guys that had Ebud's vests without a permission.. and they were so nice sad_o.gif )

The D.

Quote[/b] ]If you like I can use my .privatekey to sign it. Don't mind.

The idea behind using keys is so they stay private, otherwise anyone can sign a cheat with your key and join your server. Not sure if I understood you right, just keep it in mind wink_o.gif

The maker of the addon is supposed to make a PRIVATE key adn sign his addons, always with the same key; the distributes a PUBLIC key that everone installs on their pc.

BTW the BIS bisign info aint the friendliest in the world but its all there. smile_o.gif

No no no, the key stays in my hands, of course. But, with his permission, I would've used it to sign his add on, you see :)

(Add On goes to me, I sign it, and send back the signed files, not vice versa)

Never mind anyway, we'll just use the "character models only" version.

is there a trick to getting tracers to work? i have created a night mission, all soldiers are stairght up BI class but of course i am using replacements (using this mod)...these are SF soldiers. no tracers at all.... i have tried removing six_tracers and putting ecs_tracers back in as well - still no tracers. is it something silly and easy that i am missing?

is there a trick to getting tracers to work?  i have created a night mission, all soldiers are stairght up BI class but of course i am using replacements (using this mod)...these are SF soldiers.  no tracers at all....  i have tried removing six_tracers and putting ecs_tracers back in as well - still no tracers.  is it something silly and easy that i am missing?

Did you try ECS as last in the list of add-ons. Your problem could be incompatibility between addons.

per the instructions in this mod compilation, ECS is to be first in the list of addons...

will try a 240 or saw.  i was using an M4.  i know when i was in we used tracers in our m16's...

but, it is nothing stupid like enabling tracers in the options somewhere, right?   confused_o.gif

That could be cool to add a special section where you put the name of the addons suggested that are also required to be on the server to work.

I am not sure all addons will work online if the server doesn't have them installed, right ?

Quote[/b] ]That could be cool to add a special section where you put the name of the addons suggested that are also required to be on the server to work.

I am not sure all addons will work online if the server doesn't have them installed, right ?

Definately! That is a good idea, would stop some people crashing servers because the server doesn't have it when the guy thought the addon would work or not.

And it would save me time testing which addons I can use in MP and which I can't.

I like the idea and even considered it before. However, I will definitely need help with this.

So far only a few add ons have been successfully tested "server/client"-sided and we need a lot of feedback in order to get a proper list. I'll mark the files that have been tested "working" server-wise by tagging them "<span style='color:blue'>[server]</span>"

Big thanks to Dwarden who came up with a quite impressive server-sided add ons list!

Hi, i think that there's a Tracers script that looks much better than

the 6Th Sense tracers that look like star wars blasters shots more

than tracer bullets; the problem with this addon tracers... called:

- Cent Tracers v1.15 .

Is that they require to put a game logic in the mission and they don't

work by themself, just remove all the tracers without that game logic

on the mission and it isn't signed, sadly. Here it's:

-=Cent Tracers v1.15=-

Let's C ya

Also i got a problem after installing most of the Realism Addons you gave.

My compass became very very small. I were thinking the truemod will keep it big (i already got the truemod before installing new addons) but it looks like one of these addons is disabling the truemod compass :/

I think i am gonna try to install PROPER's compass addon, but i don't know why my previous compass disappeared suddenly :/

Edit : I still got this problem even with PROPER's compass, so this could be related to beta 1.12 ?

Edit2 : I've tried with no addons and the compass is enough big, so i am going to investigate addon by addons and report ya which is the one bugging me smile_o.gif

Edit3 : I have to delete Six_UI.pbo & Six_UI.hpp in the dta folder. That solve my problem smile_o.gif

Hey guys. Great list, but I have a problem. I downloaded all the mods suggested on the front page, and put the addons/mods in the suggested folders as well (@General, @Replacements, and of course @ECS). I've run everything client-side first to make sure no crashes and the like and tested things in the editor. No crashes, but when I enter a vehicle like the HMMWV, SLX Vehicles addon pop's up an error saying it can't find a certain file/script.

I downloaded it like three times now (including the patch of course), put all the files in the @Replacements mod folder like on the front page, and ran it: beta;DBE1;@ECS;@General;@Replacements and it always tosses up an error. What gives? Did anyone else get this problem? mad_o.gifbanghead.gif

EDIT: Here's the error it give exactly--

SLX_Error.jpg

So my question still remains, what the hell gives? lol :P

Queer indeed, hm...

Does this error only occur when used in combination with (all of?) the files in the list? Do you have additional files running?

I'm using everything in the list and didn't have this error so far. Neither did my friends and squad mates.

Perhaps the modfolder loading order might be an issue but it's rather not... I tried to reproduce the error but I can't seem to get it.

Any ideas?

Give me a few minutes to type up a list of everything I'm running so I can paste it here to examine, but for the time being I'll tell you that I've indeed used all the suggested addons only, with the spanish addon as an addition as I prefer my M249 with the Eotech sight, so I'm using their ammo box so I can use it, hehe). But I've used it with SLX without any issues before, when I just swamped my ArmA folder with billions of modfolders. So I'm really puzzled. Worse comes to worst, I'll go back to the bunch of modfolders and start checking them one by one by one and see if I get that error.

But as you even said, you've used the exact same addons without any issues. Only thing that I could think of is a corrupted file, but I've downloaded it like 3 times now. Argh. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Ok, here's the list of whats in each folder (client side), long read but hopefully will help narrowing down the problem. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]----------

@General (alphabetical order)

----------

CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry.pbo (w/bisign file)

DMHide.pbo

DMSMokeEffects.pbo

Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo (w/ SLX_XEH2.bisign file)

FFAA_Armas.pbo

FFAA_Armas_Config.pbo

ffaa_objectos.pbo

ffaa_objectos_config.pbo

FFN_REPLACEMENT.pbo

hamas.pbo

MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo (w/ Maddmatt.bisign file)

MatH_Rain (w/ bisign file)

NWD_7xBinoculars.pbo

NWD_8xGTLDII.pbo

NWD_AK74_PSO1.pbo

NWD_Ballistics.pbo

NWD_G36_NarrowFOV.pbo

NWD_GLTD_EADisplay.pbo

NWD_M107_M8541.pbo

NWD_Rangefinder.pbo

NWD_RealDispersion.pbo

NWD_RocketBallistics.pbo

NWD_Scopefix.pbo

NWD_SightAdjustmentPlugin.pbo

NWD_TankBallistics.pbo

NWD_TankLoadout.pbo

NWD_TankModels.pbo

pkw_mercenary.pbo (w/ PKW.bisign file)

plants.pbo (from the veg fix and low plants installation)

PROPER_Effects_Damage_And_Sea_Texture_Replacement_Sakura_Chan.pbo (w/PROPER.bisign file)

PROPER_UI_Speedup_Gear.pbo

PROPER_UI_Speedup_RscMapControl.pbo

q11.realrof.pbo(w/ Q11.bisign file)

q11_recoils.pbo (w/ Q11.bisign file)

REBUS_EIweapons.pbo

rh_aks.pbo (w/ RH.bisign file)

rh_aks_108cfg.pbo (w/ bisign file)

rh_aks_109cfg.pbo (w/ bisign file)

rh_m4.pbo (RH.bisign file)

rkta_F16.pbo

Sakakah.pbo

sara_grass (I think someone said to remove this for 1.09 but I haven't had issues??)

SIX_Blood.pbo

SIX_Blood.pbo.SIX_Blood_04.bisign

SIX_Editorupdate.pbo

SIX_Editorupdate.pbo.SIX_Editorupdate_04.bisign

SIX_Markers.pbo

SIX_Markers.pbo.SIX_Markers_04.bisign

SIX_Misc

SIX_Misc.pbo_SIX_Misc_04.bisign

SIX_Repl_AIAcurrancy.pbo

SIX_Repl_AIAccuracy.pbo.SIX_Pack2_01.bisign

SIX_AIRange.pbo

SIX_AIRange.pbo.SIX_Pack2_01.bisign

SIX_Reloadtime.pbo

SIX_Reloadtime.pbo.SIX_Pack2_01.bisign

SIX_Weaponsway.pbo (w/ SIX_Pack2_01.bisign)

SIX_Tools.pbo

SIX_Tools.pbo.SIX_Tools_04.bisgin

SIX_Tracers.pbo

SIX_Tracers.pbo.SIX_Tracers_04.bisign

SIX_UI.pbo

SIX_UI.pbo.SIX_UI_04.bisign

TR_OBJ.pbo

trees_fixed.pbo.bk

TrueCrosshair-Veteran v1.1.pbo (w/ bisign file)

TrueFov-Accurate v1.0.pbo (w/ bisign file)

TrueMovementSound v1.0.pbo (bisign file)

TrueNVGoggles v1.0.pbo (w/ bisign)

----------

@Replacements

----------

andy_mags.pbo (w/ ANDY.bisign file)

CMCD_USA_1ID_Infantry_REPLACEMENTS.pbo

eva.pbo

eva_voice.pbo

realisitc_designation.pbo (w/ YEB.bisign file)

sdp_vehicles.pbo (w/SDP.bisign file)

sky_replacement.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

slx_veh.pbo

slx_veh.pbo.cfog.bisign

six_veh.pbo.SLX.bisign

slx_veh_c.pbo

slx_veh_c.pbo.SLX.bisign

weapon_replacement_ak.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

weapon_replacement_m4m16.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

weapon_replacement_mg.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

weapon_replacement_pistols.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

weapon_replacement_smg.pbo (w/ The.D.bisign file)

Sorry not to be able to help you Betsalel but you arouse my curiosity speaking of the m249 with eotech. As I don't wanna dl the whole ffaa mod just to see a weapon, could you provide me a screenshot ingame of this m249 please?

I looked at their website and i did not see a screenshot of it.

But speaking of issue with slx vehicles, I had a minor issue with DM smoke effects: when the vehicles get destroyed, the doors and hatches did not open. I had to remove dm smoke effects to get it work.

Very sorry, Betsalel, but I'm afraid I can't help you.

The add on setup you're using is strikingly similar to what I currently have got. :-/

Try, as you said, only loading the SLX add on - nothing else at first. If the error persists, report it to them, if not, gradually add files to find out what the compatibility issue (if there is any) might be.

On another note: If you're using ArmA 1.12, consider temporarily removing "q11_recoils.pbo" as, sadly, they don't work properly with the latest patch. I'll remark this in the first post.

Good luck!

Yeah, was afraid of that. sad_o.gif I'll give it a go. Hopefully I'll figure it out, but hey on the bright side so far everything else client-side is working and hopefully will continue to do so (crosses fingers and eyes :P).

Yeb, yeah I know what you mean, bro. I still don't know why XAM took it out, and why no one has made it separate. I'll try taking some SS's of the M249 w/ eotech for ya, sure no problem. Give give me some time and I'll pm the screenies for ya. smile_o.gif

EDIT...again

Put the eventhandler files in my Arma/AddOns folder along with SLX's files and sure enough on its own with them and just 1.09 (I chose not to patch up just yet) beta and Queen's Gambit running, when my character entered the 'vee it popped that same error again. So I'm wondering if it's corrupt or something. Because I did a clean install of ArmA and all the mods/addons and 90% of which I've always had and worked together but now suddenly errors? Well, not too surprising, ArmA tends to go through PMS and just have things working one day, and 2 hours later things stop working, lol. Now time to play detective to figure out what went wrong here--Oy!

Woot, it works now. I redownloaded it one last time and for some reason it all works, beautifully. Woohoo!

Thanks for trying to help me out, really appreciated that. On a side note, great compilation choice, its really breathed new life into ArmA for me. The realer, the better IMO. biggrin_o.gif

I hate to bump this for a repeat, but why on earth is this not a sticky yet?huh.gif

Ok question time once again. Client-side everything works flawlessly finally (woohoo!wink_o.gif So I decided to upload the @Server mod folder and all the keys from my Keys folder to the server's key folder. I try joining and immediately get kicked for signed files not matching--which is screwy since 1) Followed the directions 2)all bisign files for the pbo's you marked as @Server in blue are in the addon folder with the pbo's.

Now I had this issue before, but figured I'd double check here and see if anyone else who followed this guide got this trouble (especially with 1.09 and Queens Gambit)? Is this a 1.09 problem? I noticed a post in the MP section about queens gambit kicking and a fix to add to the server config which I did, but hasn't solved this issue neither. I know right now its a private server with people I know and trust, but another part of me just doesn't feel at ease lifting the server settings that check these things out. crazy_o.gif