Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

That is surely a good idea in general but it would deviate too much from this particular thread's intention: Enhancing realism as a total. This selectivity doesn't distinguish PvE from PvP, but only (well, mostly) characteristics discussed on the front page.

For instance, a well-designed Coop mission is as much fun with high(est) realism settings as is any Capture&Hold or CTF map. It forces players to think and employ a combat strategy and tactics, absolutely eliminating "Battlefield 2"-like behaviour.

It would be a good idea to start a "PvE/PvP Add On Guide" thread that also includes all those excellent add ons that didn't make it in here, because replacements or compatibility/mission integration is inapplicable or insufficient!

so would CoC_Cex fall into this category?

Amazing! Embarrassingly enough, I overlooked CoC so far! I loved their add ons for Operation Flashpoint but didn't see they released the CEX for ArmA!

Is this a server-side / mission-implemented add on?

So far, all included mods are, if used with @Replacement, 100% compatible with the vanilla version of ArmA, that means anybody can connect to a "@ECS;@General;@Replacement"-running server that is using standard (add on-free) missions!

From the description of CEX I'd be tempted to conclude it's too good for ArmA - strategic command of an AI that can't even find the way over the nearest bridge... ;-D

It's definitely a must-have! I'll test compatibility and implementation as soon as I find the time!

Thanks a lot for the link, acadiancrusader!

it appears that there are 2 versions of Q11 recoils. the 1.09version will not work with arma 1.08. i haven't tested it yet, but will the other version work with both arma 1.08 and 1.09?

I didn't dare start 1.08 aside from testing purposes (no idea whether the recoils tweaked for 1.09 will work on 1.08, though) since 1.09b came out.

I suggest you use q11's 1.09 recoil with ArmA 1.09b (obviously) and leave ArmA 1.08 rest in peace - may version 1.11 or whatever it will be called redeem it.

It would be nice to see a fix for mk19 and ags30 recoils.

There are some hints in this thread (it does not seem too hard to fix it) and even a new version of strykers here made by Frederf that fix the bouncing stryker issue. But it would be nice to see a whole fix.

I have not any skill whatsoever in script, i hope someone could do it for the community.

Yes, that is one of many things still in need of fixing/improvement.

The list goes on and on - that's the price of the complexity a game like ArmA brings with it.

I am also hoping for a revival of a proper bullet hole effect solution. I just love how it's been implemented, too bad the scorches keep floating in midair.

one thing that does concern me is that not all of these addons have signed files. especially altered files.

the best part of this thread, imho, is that it's alluding to a community standard of mods. from the reaction of the posts and thread views, it's certainly heading in that direction.

if this is to be a standard for pvp, then all the mods need to be signed. it's a bit of a task, but hopefully someone will step up and create the necessary signed files for everything.

Yeah that's true - the add ons won't let you play on a protected public server due to missing verification files.

On the other hand, most of us here rarely or never play on such servers. It's not even only due to cheaters, about whom I won't lose any more words here (we don't want to feed their attention deficit disorder, do we?)...

Don't know about you, but I can't help but summon all the cynicism and sense of irony there is when I see the the typical "deathmatch server in regular mode with reticles and full HUD enabled, with a name that is presumably entirely hormonally-motivated"

Stupidity is one, if not the major human force in this world and one of its lesser evil manifestations is ruining the level of (online) games. I'm sure we can deal with that :-)

And now - if you please excuse my misanthropic ramblings - for something completely different:

I took the liberty of editing william1's RACS replacement, so it won't cause any errors in ArmA.rpt anymore. Check out the link in section 2.2). Thank you, william1, for your kind permission!

It would be nice if the work in this thread could be put together along side the ECS mod (with permission) to make it Arma just that bit better, possible a BIS units version & Unit/Vehicle replacement version. Keep up the good work

Thank you The.D ,

and to comment on signed addons, we had to resort to this because after doing so we no longer had any issues with the server once the BIS feature was activated, no hackers or troublemakers except for a few tk's.

We need to get the rest of the community to start working towards that so this can be a more pleasant gaming experience.  pistols.gif

Looks like they made ECS XEH-compatible . smile_o.gif

Actually based on their posts after that announcement I don't think that is what it means. I don't think they fully understand XEH and are not specifically using XEH. I think what they did was add XEH as a supported Addon in their code which does not mean they are using XEH. I haven't looked at the details but all indication based on their followup seem to indicate this.

Quote[/b] ]Delta99, Mar. 20 2008,22:44  

Actually based on their posts after that announcement I don't think that is what it means. I don't think they fully understand XEH and are not specifically using XEH.

Support for other addons improved - yes

That we did not understand XEH - not correct.

It will become evident with time who is right smile_o.gif

Support for other addons improved - yes

That we did not understand XEH - not correct.

It will become evident with time who is right smile_o.gif

Can you answer the question directly then:

Is ECS using XEH or its own event handling?

If it is using its own event handling will it work with other Addons and Addons using XEH without ECS having specifically coded support for such an Addon?

It's using its own event handling.

If it is using its own event handling will it work with other Addons and Addons using XEH without ECS having specifically coded support for such an Addon?

Yes it will. The new ECS component "Themis" is going to take care of it. It crates a new Eventhandler class which is overwriting the one from the ECS_Core and the one from XEH.

And combining both in the new one. ECS's ones first and the addons eventhandlers that were collected by XEH second.

If you're using other addons together with ECS, then you need "Themis". If not, you don't.

The.D, i'm sure you are playing/testing the beta 1.11 beta patch to see how it will dictate the inclusion and development of the mods within this thread.

if i may suggest that you also consider a couple of additions. not mods, but more information to the original post. it would be great if you can mention that if an add-on has no signed file, a signed file with it or a signed file available as a seperate download. if we are going to discuss a standardization of pvp-centric mods, we definately want them to be playable on the majority of the servers.

and one more thing... when you make edits to the OP, it would be very helpfull if you can add the date of when specific changes were made. it makes it easier to see the developement of the thread if i can see which edits/additions/changes were made since the last time that i read the thread (currently been reading it every day, but if i hadn't seen it in a week or more, i'd have to sift through various pages of posts just to find out what is going on).

anyhow, keep up the great work.

ps- after requesting it, it appears that the bubble in DMHide may be replaced with a transparent bubble to make it more pvp friendly.

Is anyone else having problems with the new beta patch 1.11? Some addons dont seem to work but since my ArmA doesnt seem to be working even before I patched to 1.11 I thought I would double check it over with everyone else?

Sorry for the late update, I had a system crash.

I am very glad to see ArmA 1.11 works like a charm on 4GB RAM now!

So far all add ons in the list were tested successfully, ECS 10151 in particular; if anybody has anything to add do post here!

456820, what kind of problems are you getting? What add ons are affected?

acadiancrusader, thanks again for the input, however, I cannot say whether I find the time or, well, the zest to check all files for signed keys. To be perfectly honest* I keep deleting those, haha..

If anybody is up to the task, I shall include it in the list, of course!

I added dates to the editing notes, tha's a good idea! Made a rather sloppy impression before.

*As explained before I don't see much point in playing such a tactical game with "PuG"s but I got your point - PvP needs it! Me, I'm a coop guy.

Well the wind deflection doesnt seem to work and the hit and healing scrpts from the sixth sense pack. However I havent played ArmA much at all (about 5 mimutes overall today) So I havent had chance to check which addons are and arent working but the two mentioned arent working.

Well the wind deflection doesnt seem to work and the hit and healing scrpts from the sixth sense pack. However I havent played ArmA much at all (about 5 mimutes overall today) So I havent had chance to check which addons are and arent working but the two mentioned arent working.

its needs to take a good distance to feel the wind effect, and the wind speed and direction is important too

Quote[/b] ]its needs to take a good distance to feel the wind effect, and the wind speed and direction is important too

But I dont get the action to check wind speed or wind info which comes with the wind deflection addon.

It's using its own event handling.

Yes it will. The new ECS component "Themis" is going to take care of it. It crates a new Eventhandler class which is overwriting the one from the ECS_Core and the one from XEH.

And combining both in the new one. ECS's ones first and the addons eventhandlers that were collected by XEH second.

If you're using other addons together with ECS, then you need "Themis". If not, you don't.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I THINK I have everything set up right...although I am using one mod folder for simplicity rather than the two you have set up (trying to do this for our group - like what you all have done!wink_o.gif.

my shortcut is -mod=beta;@ECS;@RLG;@AACF

@RLG is where I have dumped all the addons...except of course AACF sound mod and ECS.  I am using the ECS Themis plugin...(actually tried it with and without...).

i have elected to currently NOT use GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo.  i have also left out those you marked for multiplayer issues (since we play exclusively coop)...and the PROPER_No_AT file.

I get this error message when starting to load:

'Addon SIX_UI requires addon TrueCrosshair-Veteran'

I put TrueCrosshair-Veteran in and everything seems fine (just wanted to let you know so you can update the OP).

Thx!

i just previewed the first mission i made with this.  incredible!  this addon community just blows me away!

just to let you know, i am also running this with the RHS weapons and soldiers and using the replacement pbo that comes with their pack and SIX_markers and EditorUpdate.  i am also using coop essentials and it also works great with all of this.

i have elected to currently NOT use GMJ_SightAdjustment.pbo. i have also left out those you marked for multiplayer issues (since we play exclusively coop)...and the PROPER_No_AT file.

COOP is multiplayer so I don't understand this. Care to elaborate?