Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

The.D,

I guess it is whether or not using rh_aks_109.pbo and getting this error "rh_aks_109.pbo" is detrimental to gameplay or not.

do we get the new models? are there any other errors during the game? if you can determine that it would be great.

and in regards to this, what about 1.11? do we or do we not use the rh_aks_109.pbo? do we need to wait for a 1.11 version of that file? maybe it could be fixed by RH? i de-pbo'ed it and i do not know what to do with the two files in there...else i would try to fix it.

i think part of THIS fun is messing with code and stuff... smile_o.gif

Thanks for that comprehensive list, ColonelSandersLite! I particularly liked the MWF/FDF sound mix. Not to mention your genius replacement packs, hehe. Might I suggest you try RH's weapons and their replacements? Adds a lot to the game in our experience, especially when using the ironsights.

Speaking of it, my dear Mr. Steel_WOF, I don't use rh_aks_109.pbo at all. Didn't include it in the list for that reason, actually. I am not sure whether it will do any harm to the actual weapons (the ones that RobertHammer included in his "RH AK Box") but I suppose if you want to use them properly, use the 109.pbo for ArmA 1.11 till there's any news of RH himself.

As for the replacement, it's absolutely independent of this, that's all I know. I am merely (and boldly) making use of the models of his add ons.

PS: Quick update on the signed keys for the infantry weapons replacement & hi res sky: I still can't get "BinPBO.exe" to run on my system - might take a while, sorry.

got it. for now we are leaving it out... it looks like that is what caused 4 in 1's error message though.

the problem is that, even if i didnt get the error, the game simply wont load up the replacement model

it didnt matter if the use 1.08 or 1.11, wont care what mods i loaded, it simply wont load up

yet there is a last thing to do which is to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but i clearly wont take that chance as its running very stable on my machine unlike some poor guys who get loads of problem without any reason

No sendspace links works, the one you gave now timed out.

I would like to have the replacement for RACS and RH-weapons..

and here's the RACS Replacement (replaces only uniforms)

http://mihd.net/3rz8y96

(Weird, sendspace works fine for me, it just spams my browser with popup ads : P )

I'm also getting this error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierPB.scope'.

The weapon_replacement_ak_noScope.pbo file further up didn't have any effect. Running 1.11 beta without QG. Anyone found a fix for this yet? Rest of the addon compilation seems to be working nicely.

Edit: I disabled rh_aks_109cfg.pbo, no error and I still have myself a custom AK. biggrin_o.gif

Also, has the FFN config replacement ever been considered for this compilation? I used to run FFN / ECS together, seemed to work alright.

Well, I really like FFN and I thoroughly tested it - it's a neat add on and it is in fact a really great addition to ECS' client side version, especially with increased sniping range. It may have some stability and performance issues and its complexity might make it somewhat difficult to incorporate but the author did an amazing job, that's for sure.

My main problem with it are soldiers doing the "Super Mario" to dodge every other bullet.

ArmA's artificial "intelligence" (as hard as I imagine it is to develop something that complex) is on the same level of, oh, let's say very, VERY early troglodytes trying to figure out this funky "wheel thing", and FFN adds something so sophisticated it just feels somewhat out of place for ArmA's current stage (am I getting through to anyone?).

For now I will leave it out and hope nobody minds.

PS: Important! The replacements are really mostly courtesy of Ryan who came up with all of the config work! I merely picked up his pattern and made some textures for the sky pack!

And thank you very much for the link, ofpdeadeye!

My main problem with it are soldiers doing the "Super Mario" to dodge every other bullet.

Haven't looked at how the addon was created, but perhaps some of those features could be disabled / customized? The main feature I was looking at was the machine gunners providing suppressive fire. Although I didn't like the 'freezing' script, you were forced to lose control of your movement when pinned down. huh.gif

Added Solus' SLX Vehicles - amazing piece of work, check it out!

slx07tq4.th.jpg

slx08fc5.th.jpg

thumbs-up.gif

Third edit: Added s_Holes "Fixed Range Night Vision". Check it out, it adds a lot to SpecOp missions and night flights!

Included Yeb's Realistic Designation - thanks a lot for this, mate!

Also added <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>[signed]</span></span> / <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>[not signed]</span></span> information to the guide's add on files. Please let me know if I have gotten anything wrong!

still searching for the perfect settings for ai on the server. Want them to expend more rounds and not be such a super sniped. Used the ones from the front page but still getting the issue

Also added <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>[signed]</span></span> / <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>[not signed]</span></span> information to the guide's add on files. Please let me know if I have gotten anything wrong!

i was just gonna make you a list. thank you for also doing this. smile_o.gif

seriously, i'm noticing more and more public servers are locking down.

to make it easier, instead of the '@General' and '@Replacement' addon folders that you have, i created addon folders labelled '@SignedAddOns' and '@UnSignedAddOns'. this has been very convenient and has made it quick and easy to edit my shortcut when i need to.

william1, thank you for the racs_replacement addon, but i'm afraid to tell you that it also needs a '.bikey' file for the server.

ehhhh ? i'don't know how to that, but if anyone wants to make one for the adon is free to do it, he can add his own tag i don't mind .

i don't even have a tag biggrin_o.gif

If you like I can use my .privatekey to sign it. Don't mind.

ah ok thanks smile_o.gif but i see that the mp version of the replacement is already signed (well done), so do you mean that the replacement with weapons ? if so you can sign it if you want in case anyone want to use in mp too smile_o.gif

well, I (or that is Cole.cz, rather, because he took all the trouble of using the BIS tools, as they don't run on my system (Vista 64bit error?)) just signed the modified one on the front page (units only), but, of course, we can also get a key for your original version :)

long overdue side note: Visit Dwarden's Server Side Add On thread!