Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

Yeah - T72 replacement should be included :-)

There's a problem with the first post. It's too long and hasn't been properly ported to the new forums.

I wouldn't mind putting up a new thread with proper formatting and structure. However, is this wanted at all? A.C.E. is really ArmA's multiplayer refuge - personally speaking, I am certainly not playing the game without it. A.C.E. contains many (and a lot more) features mentioned in this thread. The add on compilation list might not just be redundant in large parts but could also cause some confusion.

I was thinking of starting a thread that mentions add ons that can (and should) be used in addition to a fully A.C.E.-modded ArmA but as the mod itself is growing and developing rapidly and includes more and more features with every release this might not even be necessary.

Let me know what you think, I wouldn't mind the work - as long as it's needed & helpful.

I for one would certainly appreciate your work to be continued. Don't forget there might be many users out there whose machines will lag considerably when running ACE.

Personally, I rather select my addons one by one. Nothing against ACE but I simply don't like to be bombarded with 100 tweaks when all I want is 2 or 3.

Your list allows users to choose addons by description and functionality while being sure they work the way they should as they have been tested by many users before. Very valuable!

Also, we will need the same when ARMA2 hits the shelves... :)

My 2 cents,

VictorFarbau

I just checked the files containing the abrams, the t72 and the abrams replacement again to make sure I didn't miss it...it's not included in any of the files I downloaded. So would someone who has the t72- replacement would upload it for me?

Thank you very much.

edit: or is the file in question named ch_t72_cfg.pbo?

edit2: I totally agree with the poster above!

Edited by Chrisxpred

Here, here. I second the motion to maintain this thread...somewhere else. ACE is not everyone's cup of tea all the time.

Chrisxpred: You are right, sorry! There's no T72 replacement attached! Unfortunately, I don't have the files anymore. I had an "unofficial" replacement if I remember correctly but it was not "ch_t72_cfg.pbo"... Can't help you, I'm afraid. Best chance would be to post in the pertaining thread, I suppose.

Victor, Nicholas: I'm updating the guide right now. Have to re-link the add-ons to the new forum and cut it into several smaller pieces. The list will also receive a small update.

Thank you for your replies!

Edit: Done - if a mod would be so kind as to lock this thread (I linked it in the revised version) - PM sent (I think? might not have worked)

Edited by The.D

-BadBoy;1250641']WOAW yes' date=' this new Themis is fantastic, now ECS is fully operationnal with ACE (member in fire jumping out their armor vehicule after rocket impact, explosion/fire effect are fantastic, etc ...)

BB[/quote']

Great news! I think ECS is one of the best mods out for ArmA, but does the AI take more from ACE or ECS when you combine both? To be more precise I am wondering if the Enemy will still hunt you down in buildings like in default ECS? For me this feature is most important because you're not safe inside anymore.

Please see here for a revised version.