Sign in to follow this  
the.d

Add On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion

Hey that's pretty interesting, sdoc! Haven't thought of that yet. sickboy's CRDS for ArmA is absolutely marvelous in fire fights, the medkit part, however, removed the necessity for a field medic at most times.

I took a closer look and found the .sqf files CRDS_Medikit1 & 2 and the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// AllowHealing

["allowHeal", 1] call _fSetNumber;

in CRDS_init.sqf, but setting it to zero doesn't change anything as far as I could see. Might be interesting to work on that! Let's try the supernatural:

Oh, mighty sickboy, we besiege thee! How thine script dost work, we do not know, for we are but mere mortals! Cometh ye to us and disable ye olde med kits!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Also, if you have a replacement pack for Skaven's RACS we'd be very grateful if you could share it with us! So far, my monkey skills only allow half-assed infantry weapon replacements. ;-)

@ -snafu-: Not a bad idea in general but I'd say this thread lives by regular updates and corrections alone. As user participation ceases it will lose it's relevance and actuality and a stickie might be confusing.

It's good to see so much positive and productive feedback! Thank you all!

is there really no replacement pack for Skavens mercs? Maybe i'll bring mine to a state where it can be released. I'll be away next week however.

Actually there is a replacement pack for Skavens mercs in this pack over here.

(Though I'm not completely sure it's still working as I tried some other replacements from this pack few weeks ago and they had no effect.. May be an error somewhere in my brain, or not crazy_o.gif ).

And I agree with -snafu-, this should be definitely stickied! inlove.gif It would just have to be updated with updates on addons and stuff..

Unfortunately, the RACS replacement doesn't work with Skaven's RACS 3.0. It's for his mercenaries addon as far as I could find out.

Hurrah, good job! Thanks a lot, william1! Tested & works! I'll update the front page! thumbs-up.gif

just for the record: Did you write this yourself?

Ryan and I made a new sky replacement. It now uses 2048*2048 sky textures.

Check it out here and download the add on from here!

Suggestions welcome!

Edit: Updated to version 3

i'm glad i don't have to do any work :-)

thanks william.

D, you could put at every addon you mention a small hint how much impact it has on a slow machine, like for example (0) (+) (++). The people in this thread will most likely be helpfull in finding out how much impact everything has.

That's an excellent idea - might be hard to test it but I will give it a try!

I'll run vanilla ArmA on my machine and compare fps to the modded version - if there is any serious impact I'll add performance info.

Edit: I checked the performance and so far there seems to be <span style='color:red'>no measurable decrease in performance!</span>

Here are my results:

Quote[/b] ]

Tested on:

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit,

Intel Core Duo 6600 @ 2.40 Ghz,

4 GB RAM (1 GB disabled, *sigh*),

GeForce8800GTX 768 MB VRAM, 1280*1024

(Had to use -maxmem=512)

Mission: 10 squads fighting it out in downtown Paraiso (click to see)

- 5 US basic Squads

versus

- 3 SLA basic and 2 SLA armoured patrols

The following fps values were taken when the firefight began - total duration: 3 minutes

Vanilla ArmA

Maximum Details, 4xFSAA

<span style='color:red'>Average of ~20 fps</span>

fps min: 17

fps max: 25

Modified ArmA:

every add on taken from page 1, Maximum Details, 4xFSAA:

<span style='color:red'>Average of ~19 fps</span>

fps min: 16

fps max: 26

Please note, that due to the add ons two major differences could be observed:

- Initial loading time of the game was increased by about 30 seconds when using all of the add ons discussed on page one.

- Game play experience and ai behaviour changed rapidly. AI was able to attack much quicker while using SIX Add Ons and Proper Mods, which might possibly be responsible for the slight fps drop (quicker engagement of enemy units meant an earlier beginning of the actual firefight)

- Comparison shots: Vanilla Arma / Tweaked Version

I havn't noticed any performance decrease at all - except with effects mods. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- Great parts of sickboy's 6thSense.eu Add Ons: "Pack 1" & "Pack 2"

One of the major add on packs for Armed Assault. It adds a lot of immersion by fixing major issues with AI behaviour. For instance, long range fire fights are now properly implemented and possible (Make sure you adjusted the difficulty settings as seen in 0)).

Yes these packs contain some awsome work by sickboy, but for the AI range addon are you sure it is making any difference to you? are those difficulty settings making any difference to that addon in particular?

I am just wondereing because all i noticed was different rate of fire at long ranges. I think sickboy mentioned that this addon might not be functioning well.

By far this is one of the most important things on the list for me along with NWD stuff and sight adjustment. Right now i dont want to play ArmA untill a new version of either this or rg's TureAI (also excellent but messy at the moment) comes out.

I'll say!

It is funny you should mention this as I just talked with a friend about this (if that doesn't qualify me as a nerd I don't know what else would):

The difference is vast - it might also have to do with the tweaked difficulty settings as discussed in the introduction, but as I was testing performance (see above) and ran vanilla ArmA I was shocked to realize just how stupid and passive the AI behaves without it.

Look at the map. In vanilla ArmA both sides took over 2 minutes to pick up the actual fight and were barely engaging - some of them were standing mindlessly in the open at each T crossing of the main road squinting towards the enemy.

In the tweaked version the fight was picked up after about 30 seconds and quickly went to become more and more intense.

Again, that could be a positive "synergy effect" with the tweaked difficulty settings made in \Profiles\yourprofilename.ArmAProfile but I would not want to miss it.

:-)

Awesome set of addons. I've decided to give ArmA another go and threads like this are damn helpful just to get ArmA into a playable state. notworthy.gif

Decided to make some comparison shots of some of the replacements. Only effects mods decrease performance (unless you have a fancy 8800 or something). tounge2.gif

11mk8.th.jpg 12rx0.th.jpg

21tu3.th.jpg 22ee5.th.jpg

31xj8.th.jpg 32yy6.th.jpg

Hi, i think that my latest update on the M4's could also fit into this

addons compilation; but they haven't animated bolts and things

like that, just Single Shot and Full Auto fire modes plus some useless

attached toys like LAM, Flashlight and the Harris. And what ain't like

of the RH M4's pack are those RIS pannels like in his pistols pack,

that i think that are too big, they should be scaled down a bit.

But anyway, use my weapons and the RH AK's Pack v1.5 . Let's C ya

Hi, i think that my latest update on the M4's could also fit into this

addons compilation; but they haven't animated bolts and things

like that, just Single Shot and Full Auto fire modes plus some useless

attached toys like LAM, Flashlight and the Harris. And what ain't like

of the RH M4's pack are those RIS pannels like in his pistols pack,

that i think that are too big, they should be scaled down a bit.

But anyway, use my weapons and the RH AK's Pack v1.5 . Let's C ya

Hello wipman,

Your M4A1 pack is indeed of rather good quality, however, the only weapon ready to be replaced would be the M4/M4A1 carbine itself whereas RH's M4 pack covers the whole variety of M4/M4A1, M16A2 and M16A4 derivatives available in the vanilla game.

Be it for the sake of sheer consistency alone, we would have decided to stick with RobertHammer's pack for the replacement add ons and in-game weaponry.

Your pack is by no means depreciated - we respect and enjoy the work you came to share with the community but it does not yet compare with the reputable Robert Hammer and the mature modeling elite (think of Snark, Soul_Slayer, Twinke Masta, Stoke, Sureshot, you name it) that created the models.

Hi yeah, i know; but "no" have just two letters and your post have

much more than just two letters >>;-) . Anyway, in our weapons

pack there're also a M16A4 Aimpoint and a M16A4 Aimpoint/M203

plus a M16A4-DMR; may be a good thing to add too the latest

Aimpoint's Desert Weapons pack for SOC units and things like that.

Also maybe the latest Bobby Hummer's Mk23's pack, that looks,

works and sounds very well; or at least... i think that the possible

players will enjoy it. Let's C ya

This thread intends to enhance features of the original game by showing a recapitulatory list of add ons that amend, ameliorate and/or add content to the game.

Two major prerequisites for these gameplay tweaks, models, textures and sounds are

- inexorable reliability and high quality

- adequacy and consistency (i.e. content has to fit in the actual game scenario)

Add as many additional weapons, characters and vehicles - some of which are extraordinarily well-designed - to the game as you like. Ryan's Aliens are one example. But it has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.

Quote[/b] ]Independant:

- william1's "RACS Replacement" to go with Skaven's RACS.

Great job there! Replaces the standard RACS with Skaven's RACS troopers.

Add on files used:

RAC_REPLACEMENT.pbo

---

Will this replace the units and weapons or just the units?

MfG Medicus

Quote[/b] ]Independant:

- william1's "RACS Replacement" to go with Skaven's RACS.

Great job there! Replaces the standard RACS with Skaven's RACS troopers.

Add on files used:

RAC_REPLACEMENT.pbo

---

Will this replace the units and weapons or just the units?

MfG Medicus

and

Ummm i dont know if im off track on this but cant you just make this one download and make it in all in one mod? like just dl and install in ArmA and run it like any other mod like -mod=@Compilation something like that for all of addons to work.

Ummm i dont know if im off track on this but cant you just make this one download and make it in all in one mod? like just dl and install in ArmA and run it like any other mod like -mod=@Compilation something like that for all of addons to work.

That would be kinda hard...

1) Getting all permissions from mod authors (that probably wouldnt happen)

2) Packing it all to one could (and I'm sure it would) cause replacement errors and stuff, plus it would be difficult

3) Addon updates would cause this "AllinOne" mod to become outdated and it would have to be repacked again..

And more..

This way you choose only what you want.. And it just takes few more minutes of copying it into folders and stuff wink_o.gif

MEDICUS: You will have Skavens weapons in Singleplayer but in Multiplayer you'll get the default BIS ones (or RH's replacements [recommended for realistic feel =) ] if you use them smile_o.gif )

That would be kinda hard...

1) Getting all permissions from mod authors (that probably wouldnt happen)

2) Packing it all to one could (and I'm sure it would) cause replacement errors and stuff, plus it would be difficult

3) Addon updates would cause this "AllinOne" mod to become outdated and it would have to be repacked again..

And more..

This way you choose only what you want.. And it just takes few more minutes of copying it into folders and stuff wink_o.gif

MEDICUS: You will have Skavens weapons in Singleplayer but in Multiplayer you'll get the default BIS ones (or RH's replacements if you use them smile_o.gif )

ya i see what your saying on that wink_o.gif But what about the effect mod like putting all the effect in one mod like tracers smoke and on? Not the Replacements of the units and guns.

ya i see what your saying on that wink_o.gif But what about the effect mod like putting all the effect in one mod like tracers smoke and on? Not the Replacements of the units and guns.

That would still kinda cause some mess, I think, and you would still need permissions for that. You can just do it yourself, copy it in any @FolderName... it doesn't take that much time and it's pretty damn worth the few minutes you would spend on doing that wink_o.gif