Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

Kurdistan !

I think you made some errors with the clickable pics, anyway for those who dont know here are the links to view them fullsize wink_o.gif

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3182/sanstitre5br0.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8695/sanstitre6fx9.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8231/sanstitre7nq0.jpg

Excellent work, I am looking forward to this island smile_o.gif

Where did you get that f-16?

F16 HERE

I receive this message today...

Quote[/b] ]

Hello VladAlex,

It's Gokhan from Turkish Union Mod. How are you?

The point is that, as Turkish people and Turkish Union modding team, we felt really sorry and offended of your project "Kurdistan" and its forum thread only because of its name but nothing else.

We would really like to believe that you didn't deliberately chose the name "Kurdistan", knowing that this name created by terrorist organisation, PKK. I would like to share the origin of this name and their plan with you to underline why this name is illegal and a part of the plan supporting terrorism;

This issue is rather sensitive and illegal because the name itself, links and images of "Kurdistan" refers to a separtist plan created by terrorist organisation, PKK in order to re-draw borders of Turkish Republic, Iraq, Syria and Iran and founding a new country on these fields. Ilegal Kurdistan Map on the following link showing the threat for 4 countries, Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran, you see why the word itself, "Kurdistan", and its manipulated maps are accepted as threat.

http://www.refugeesathome.net/assets/images/kurdistan_karte_rot.jpg

This name and the releated concepts showing plans, claiming such a phenomenon is real or will be real. This is not acceptable because this attitude is deliberate, destructive and hurting the nations and the minorities. According to the constitutions of the 4 countries this is already illegal.

Taking everything into consideration; as we believe in your intimacy and believe that you don't support PKK terrorism;

*Could you please rename your poject as "Northern Iraq" for example? People can also use our mod on your "Northern Iraq" to experience our operations but this place is not Kurdistan as PKK wishes.

*Could you please let the BIS rename the thread name accordingly?

Other news and community websites also announced your project with its current name. Most of the people in the community don't know the meaning of the name "Kurdistan" and the terrorism plan behind it. We can also inform them about the change if you rename it on BIS.

Best Regards,

Gokhan

www.turkishunion.com

Turkish Union Mod

What do you think about that ?

Hey I'm making a Kurdistan map too, but I didn't receive any propaganda PM's confused_o.gif

what kinda fascist attitude is that.. ignore it vlad. its a game for f*cks sake. sounds like that dude needs to go out and get some fresh air and keep his middle east politics out of this forum.

go for kurdistan!

VladAlex nice pics waiting for ground terrain screens!

Don't worry about this message. Your work (addon) has nothing to do with real politics and faith. ArmA is a fictional game nothing real wink_o.gif

Ignore it. It's just a name FFS. He's not taking sides. It's the same as ignoring the greek whining over Macedonia, meaning the country. I recall somebody throwing a big fuss because somebody named The Fomer Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia, Macedonia in a mod and he got really sensitive. It's just a name.

Quote[/b] ]

Hello VladAlex,

It's Gokhan from Turkish Union Mod. How are you?

The point is that, as Turkish people and Turkish Union modding team, we felt really sorry and offended of your project "Kurdistan" and its forum thread only because of its name but nothing else.

We would really like to believe that you didn't deliberately chose the name "Kurdistan", knowing that this name created by terrorist organisation, PKK. I would like to share the origin of this name and their plan with you to underline why this name is illegal and a part of the plan supporting terrorism;

This issue is rather sensitive and illegal because the name itself, links and images of "Kurdistan" refers to a separtist plan created by terrorist organisation, PKK in order to re-draw borders of Turkish Republic, Iraq, Syria and Iran and founding a new country on these fields. Ilegal Kurdistan Map on the following link showing the threat for 4 countries, Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran, you see why the word itself, "Kurdistan", and its manipulated maps are accepted as threat.

http://www.refugeesathome.net/assets/images/kurdistan_karte_rot.jpg

This name and the releated concepts showing plans, claiming such a phenomenon is real or will be real. This is not acceptable because this attitude is deliberate, destructive and hurting the nations and the minorities. According to the constitutions of the 4 countries this is already illegal.

Taking everything into consideration; as we believe in your intimacy and believe that you don't support PKK terrorism;

*Could you please rename your poject as "Northern Iraq" for example? People can also use our mod on your "Northern Iraq" to experience our operations but this place is not Kurdistan as PKK wishes.

*Could you please let the BIS rename the thread name accordingly?

Other news and community websites also announced your project with its current name. Most of the people in the community don't know the meaning of the name "Kurdistan" and the terrorism plan behind it. We can also inform them about the change if you rename it on BIS.

Best Regards,

Gokhan

www.turkishunion.com

Turkish Union Mod

Ignore it and go about your business.

Ignore the fascists! And lets all embrace Kurdistan! tounge2.gif

(yes the mod of course!

But what does it look like on groundlevel? smile_o.gif

Looking forward to this.

I would reply courteously that your island is not a statement about any political view and it's not your intention or policy to involve yourself in world politics. I would go on to say that with that in mind, it won't be possible to change the name of the island, since your project is politically blind. Perhaps then go on to say something about how you're sensitive to the human suffering that goes on in warzones and that if they have been personally affected by war that they have your sympathies.

"This issue is rather sensitive and illegal because the name itself, links and images of "Kurdistan" refers to a separtist plan created by terrorist organisation, PKK"

That statement gives the impression that even mentioning the K-word is a crime. I don't know how it is in Turkey, where they certainly lack in human rights, but certainly not in Czech Republic (the home of BIS) or anywhere in European Union or North America. The K-word has absolutely nothing to do with PKK, as it is simply Kurdish for "land of Kurds", and as such predates PKK which was founded just in 1970's. That is like saying that use of the word Palestine is a crime, because Palestinian terrorist organizations use it.

But that's politics, let's now concentrate on waiting for the map...

...still waiting... whistle.gif

i'll second that plaintiff1

if Kurdistan was chosen innocently andwithout malice then no harm done.....

we should keep in mind that for this to be really an offensive act it was done so to deliberately and with forethought.......while i can't imagine what it is like to live with terrorism on my doorstep I can appreciate that some may become sensitive and a few quick to stand up and do the right thing.... i commend Gokhan and his willing defence of his way of life from terrorism, but i think this may just stem from an ignorance of the local political situation.....

i was kinda hoping that these two projects would be a perfect marriage that terrain with the turkish units....amazing. i hope you can kiss and make up....cyberspace is a truly international forum and i think as a whole we all make a pretty good community....

Q out inlove.gif

Don't worry I will continue my work on that project and I will not use an other name for my map.

Kurdistan is the international and common name for that region. I'm sorry if it hurt the turkish sensibility, but we are an international comunity, and in my country (but also in GB, or USA) there are no links between the use of the Kurdistan and the support of PKK...

The debate is close.

Some pics soon (Not yet from the ground because it's Work in Progress).

Quote[/b] ]

Hello VladAlex,

We would really like to believe that you didn't deliberately chose the name "Kurdistan", knowing that this name created by terrorist organisation, PKK.

(Offtopic)

To this statement some quick facts:

-- Karl-May: "Durchs wilde "Kurdistan". (Book)

A very well known book in germany, written in the year 1892.

-- Founding of the PKK: 1972.

(Ontopic)

The screens with their fotorealistic-textures/no ground-objects are unbelievable.

Turkey itself has a bit of a history of being a bit revisionist. I don't really know the issues involved with "Kurdistan" but you could go on to say that it's an archaic name for that part of the world, like 'Yugoslavia' is still used in this neck of the woods to describe that region, despite no country called Yugoslavia actually existing. Different cultures have different names for regions. I'm not sure if this is true in the case of Kurdistan, but if there is a book from the 1800s calling that place by that name, it would seem like it's sort of the same deal.

Just some pics to show you the infinite capabilities of Visitor 3.

Patrol in the highest mountains of Kurdistan (no clutters for the moment...):

sanstitre10dy2.jpg

sanstitre11qj5.jpg

And now... A great reco fly using the wonderfull A-10 :

sanstitre5ae6.jpg

sanstitre6bd2.jpg

sanstitre9nm3.jpg

hey bro that looks awesome. just needs some random shrubs and rocks and youre set biggrin_o.gif any villages/towns planned?

Wow, your progress looks amazing. Legendary stuff. notworthy.gif Keep up the great work.

Hope to see a top down textured map view soon (even a partial area) and find out the approximate dimensions of the terrain.

holy crap, this map could get me back into ARMA!

Btw, I guess we should stop making terrorist addons, and while we are at it, we should stop making weapon addons as well cuzz guns kill people.

holy crap, this map could get me back into ARMA!

Btw, I guess we should stop making terrorist addons, and while we are at it, we should stop making weapon addons as well cuzz guns kill people.

rofl.gif Your joking right rofl.gif

Nice work VladAlex keep it up wink_o.gif

Woah! Those flyover pics were superliciously, deliciously fantastic! Gimme map and I'll get my F-16C out of the garage and have the flight of the year!

Keep up the good work!

And good decision on keeping the name. Heck, I myself even talk of Prussia today when talking about the geographical region and Prussia ceased to exist in 1947, and I don't get beat up by my Polish friend from that region because of that tounge2.gif

Looks awesome. Hows performance? I ask because I made my own mountainous map, but at view distance anything over 3k, it was laggy as hell and caused occasional CTDs because of the memory required. It was only 21k x 21k (or whatever it is), and the sat map was a reasonable resolution, so I put it down to the game engine not being able to handle alot of rough terrain because of the ammount of ground polies rendered

Those latest image Shack links just go to the homepage and nothing else? Have they been removed?

PS - That "political" mail you got, dear me .. if we all got that anal about game naming and titles I think most games with a war slant would have never been released. The guy has a point, but this is a thread about a map for a game, not a terrorist breading ground LOL!