Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

Kurdistan !

I pity the Turkish soldiers who chase guerrillas under those conditions (or worse, considering that it's winter)... but it looks grand. I'm feeling dizzy already.

I increase a lot the resolution of the sat map and now had a 80 mo .Pbo !  biggrin_o.gif

But the result is wonderfull !

kurd5wl9.th.jpg

Looks very nice , i remember place like this and was very nice too see flying Mi-24 low and fast smile_o.gif

VladAlex: can you tell us more about the number of villages, any big towns planned?

will you make it a big island so you can fly a jet for 30 seconds without going over the sea?

Well... For the moment, i'm in the testing phase. So it's a really small map of 10x10 km. Because it's in High Moutain there is no roads, just a very small village of sheep keepers and you will have to go to the top of the moutain with your feet because of the altitude (choppers can't go so high).

But when I will have all my sat textures downloaded (It take a very long time !wink_o.gif the map will probably be 100x100 km or a bit less... Let say 60x60 km to be reallistic.

Well... For the moment, i'm in the testing phase. So it's a really small map of 10x10 km. Because it's in High Moutain there is no roads, just a very small village of sheep keepers and you will have to go to the top of the moutain with your feet because of the altitude (choppers can't go so high).

But when I will have all my sat textures downloaded (It take a very long time !wink_o.gif the map will probably be 100x100 km or a bit less... Let say 60x60 km to be reallistic.

wow thats a LOT more than i had hoped for!! 3600 km2 is a huge map biggrin_o.gif wow

edit: it takes about 216 seconds (about 3 and a half minutes) to fly across 60 km with a speed of 1000 km/h.. i can sense this map being really good for air combat (:

It looks great! I see that you seem to have proper scale for your textures even though the are high res! This was my big complaint of the high res texture project. They had quite high texture definition but the texture scale seemed to be off. Perhaps it was just me.

If you want any advice on how to get the lighting information out of your photo textures, pm me. I want to do a tut on that but I won't have time until I'm out of school in may!

I once at a Kurdish Donut, or so they said !

This looks cool! Thanks ") [Picasso Smiley biggrin_o.gif]

I pity the Turkish soldiers who chase guerrillas under those conditions (or worse, considering that it's winter)...

I mostly pity the people being chased biggrin_o.gif

But yes, the word is grand! Get rid of the shadows and make suitable "close-up" textures and this is the future battlefield for me smile_o.gif

I Quetzalcoatl, the creator god, command you from the holy citadel of Teotihuacan to release this island or i will smite you

and your mum

well i might be annoyed

ok release it in your own time.  No smiting, honest

sorry icon_rolleyes.gif(too many smarties)

I increase a lot the resolution of the sat map and now had a 80 mo .Pbo !  biggrin_o.gif

But the result is wonderfull !

kurd5wl9.th.jpg

yea wonderfull notworthy.gif

whistle.gif

A quick patrol in the North of Iraq (this map is ... km !wink_o.gif

sanstitre5br0.th.jpg

sanstitre6fx9.th.jpg

sanstitre7nq0.th.jpg

I think you made some errors with the clickable pics, anyway for those who dont know here are the links to view them fullsize wink_o.gif

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3182/sanstitre5br0.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8695/sanstitre6fx9.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/8231/sanstitre7nq0.jpg

Excellent work, I am looking forward to this island smile_o.gif

Where did you get that f-16?