Sign in to follow this  
sneakysix

OFP alive?

Ello Ofp Community,

After a consideralbe break from Ofp, I come back to discover a CDrom with marker pen on it saying Ofp Missions. I installed ofp and found a host of missions ive made that needed a tweaking or i just got board of. Question is, if I was to finish them with a goal of others to play them. Would it be worth my time? Now that Arma is out and blooming. While my PC chugs away looking on at high spec gaming and sighing.

OFP FOREVER!! Keep the faith with OFP! You can bet OFP is still going strong - graphics isn't everything! Everything done for OFP is more than welcome.gif !!!

yay.gif Said with such enthusiasm makes me smile. Good good, then tinker away I shall. Someday I'll own a better PC until then OFP it is. yay.gif

I mean as a game it cost me relationships making missions until 5am, priorities lol. So its been a poison love hate challice for me. Some things we gotta do it the hard way lol.

OFP is still a great sim, even the graphics can be nice --it's only a matter of good selection of addons smile_o.gif

My fastest PC (it's a laptop actually) also denies to run Arma, so when I have some time, I'm launching OFP. There are still some cool addons coming out /not to often but it's something/ like the latest KC-10 with refueling scripts, so it's still a great killing platform and I love it biggrin_o.gif

Cheers!

http://www.pbase.com/wmk/ofp

Quote[/b] ]OFP is still a great sim, even the graphics can be nice --it's only a matter of good selection of addons smile_o.gif

My fastest PC (it's a laptop actually) also denies to run Arma, so when I have some time, I'm launching OFP. There are still some cool addons coming out /not to often but it's something/ like the latest KC-10 with refueling scripts, so it's still a great killing platform and I love it biggrin_o.gif

Cheers!

OFP can have better graphics than arma, its all about the lod's and textureing ;-) When I first played OFP I had such a good feeling and it reminds me of my country so much but when i played ArmA it just made me bored cause its so hard to control and I dont like the enviroment:(

yup

the peoples that are shouting death of ofp are probably only MP players(no offense, I know some of them)

but I still like OFP for its addos etc. smile_o.gif

Well I wouldn't know about that, Lee, most of my gaming nowadays are MP games... our coops tend to be quite hilarious sometimes. No way I'm stopping doing this!

Quote[/b] ]Well I wouldn't know about that, Lee, most of my gaming nowadays are MP games... our coops tend to be quite hilarious sometimes. No way I'm stopping doing this!

Yeah, thats becuase there are foolish people that make silly missions witch have no point becuase they don't know how to make missions properly or because they are fools ? tounge2.gif Anyway, I usually play OFP MP with my pals on LAN, yeah there is a bit of lag but then again there are none of them people that flame and cheat on the servers ;-) and we can play our own missions smile_o.gif But i don't like the Join whenever feature in ArmA...

Nah... we use TS and well, you know OFP physics. Just ran for my life trying to evade zeds and also made a LAV go airborne. biggrin_o.gif

sneakysix welcome back!

Yes you can be sure OFP is still kicking! People are disappointed at ArmA and miss the OFP magic pistols.gif

So yes bring those missions out!

PS: Are you sneakysix ex-RAAB?

there are still mods and other content in the making for OFP... as long as there is still new stuff being made for this game i dont see why it would die all of a sudden just because the next gen game is out. Sure a lot of people have migrated to ArmA or even moved on to other games... but not everyone can afford or wants to spend money on a proper gaming PC to support it. It's indeed quite annoying when people come around shouting "hey OFP is dead now" , well that might be true for them for whatever reason but it doesnt mean it applies to everyone smile_o.gif

Hear hear. It's dead to me over my dead body pistols.gif

Still playing pretty often. Mostly multiplayer too you know smile_o.gif

I continue to play regularly Master of Orion 1, despite there are way more modern games in the same genre, i am always addicted and fail to see why i should stop to enjoy it because it is an old dos software.

And how about ArcElite that i have rediscovered since a month and begin to be addicted again after finding an archimedes emulator ?

Now that is even beyond old but despite i have played more modern space trading/combat game, i don't see why i should not play ArcElite because there is something newer.

So i fail to see why i should stop playing (well, in fact i am more working on it than playing it to be honest since at least 2 years) OFP because there are newer versions, and from previews there are even more modern ones around the corner.

he he, i think i am really not the kind of customer a publisher will appreciate, as i usually keep my old stuff and so have no more free time to dedicace to getting into the new biggrin_o.gif

I stopped playing for awhile rather abruptly but I'm back and enjoying it just as much as I always did! I think I'll always like playing OFP. pistols.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Not much new to say here, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

I haven't played the last 3 games I've bought, just because I'm "too busy" playing and modding OFP. I love spending my time modding OFP and I'm still making missions for both single and MP. I play them with my cousing on LAN, every weekend, and we always end up talking for about an hour after the action is over, praising OFP over everything else, and commenting on spectacular things that happend during the missions, that we had NEVER SEEN HAPPEND BEFORE. I often say to him that I have things I want to try modding or playing in OFP for about 2 or 3 more years. So buying new PCs just for gaming has stopped for me thanks to OFP.

Currently I'm making some sort of a "Seba Pack"  wink_o.gif converting all the addons that I love, to the ECP-GRAA gaming platform (THANKS A LOT SANCTUARY FOR THAT MASTERPIECE).

Seba.

THeres a whole group of us still playing, and making missions for ofp. www.teameliteforces.com we have regular game nights , can get 15-20 ppl on sometimes for coop games, its great.

Thought I'd add my two cents in. I've been playing Flashpoint for many years now, I bought it on October 24th 2001. I wasn't actually looking for it, I was trying to find DF2 but since they didn't have it, I bought OFP instead. I've never regreted my choice and since then, I've been addicted. I've played other games during that time also, but I've always come back to OFP. It has never gotten old because all the addons and missions there are available for it. The gameplay is great, intensive and changeable. Mods can change the gameplay to seem as if it's another game altogether!

Now a modder and mission maker myself, I've yet to discover the full potential of this game and I think there are still areas that haven't ben explored thoroughly enough. I love OFP, it's the best game I've ever had, and I don't think there will be replacement for it anytime soon. Even though I can run the next generation games also, I don't like them nearly as much as I love OFP. I keep on coming back to OFP, to the ever changing situations in a CTI, the new NVA patrol that was not there the last time, the punji trap that they dug and the horror of seeing your extraction chopper shot down by the enemy and the feel of being stranded and surrounded by the enemy, until the fastmovers come in and snake 'n' nape 'em, followed by the other extraction chopper...

All I can say is, thank you Bohemia Interactive for the best ever PC game.

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ] Even though I can run the next generation games also, I don't like them nearly as much as I love OFP

Darn right, OFP catches lot of things other games lack. I appreciate ofp for its leeway, different choice of tactics, good editor that allows you to build whatever you like, great choice of community-made mods and addons and of course thing that Hawk has mentioned in his post - a random factor.

I`ve been playing Ofp since 2001. First I found demo attached to games magazine and twas love at first sight. Few years later I ofp- hooked my friend. Thanks to LAN we`ve been to different conflicts and wars together, from American Civil war, Eastern front, Talvisota, NAM, Cold War to most recent Bush Wars (and many more...). OFP is in my all-time greatest hits and is equal to me favorite game - Fallout series.

For me - damn YES! biggrin_o.gif OFP is still alive for me, I still keep that game with a lot of addons and missions and play in a lot in multiplayer (along I keep ArmA). That game for me never will rest in peace. It will live forever. OFP have one and developted one of greatest community ever biggrin_o.gif OFP 4EVER. tounge2.gif

I successfully installed OFP GOTY yesterday under Ubuntu OS using WINE after more than a year of inactivity and I'm seriously thinking about riding the horse again. Mission making and few of modelling were my fields of action and althought I'm quite rusted I'm going to give it a new try while waiting for ArmA II. wink_o.gif

Klavan

I bought CWC as soon as it came out but found it lacking and because I didnt really understand much during then I tried adding resistance addons to CWC to no avail. A few years later I got GOTY and will never stop playing it smile_o.gif

Hi,

I have a good computer and no problem running all the new games but after playing them for a few days I got bored and almost a bit sad. Once passed the curiosity stage, they all leave me with a weird feeling of doing the same thing over and over again.

Then, about 2 months ago, I reinstalled OFP. It did'nt take long to understand why the other games look so boring. I had so much fun that I started playing around with some missions that I've made but never really finished. With all the mods and addons from the community it is like having multiple games in one. For example, just add the BAS stuff and you instantly have everything you need for an African conflict. Add Catfish Afghanistan map, CBT vehicles and JJR Rebels and you're ready for an Afghanistan campaign. Add ECP over it and you have all the effects and sounds to make you feel like your watching a movie. Add to that the unpredictable AI and it is now clear why other games are no match for OFP.

For me, OFP is by far the best game ever made. And the OFP community the most talented I've ever seen.

Thanks BIS.

Cheers

Though I purchased the game a wile back, I'm still a relatively new OFP player. A few years back, I had seen some of dslyecxi's videos and write-ups about the game and thought I'd give it a try. I had been playing Novalogic's Joint Operations a lot (great, somewhat arcade-ish military FPS, also with large areas to roam in, fun multiplayer) and wanted to try something new. With OFP's lauds, I figured it'd be a safe buy, and I was not wholly disappointed (that I couldn't max it out graphically w/o lag on a machine that ran UT2004 @1600x1200, all highest settings & lag-free, was a downer, though not an ender. . .). In fact, I was really enthusiastic, downloading and getting into various mods, particularly FDF. Shortly after, I went through a computer upgrade that wiped the hard drive (Vista Home Premium, much better than folks generally acknowledge) and included a move to an x850xt video card. Now, I was running JointOps maxed out and thought I'd try the ArmA demo. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to run it lag-free, as I was for JO, so I decided to give OFP a try, again - could I max it out this time? No, dang it! But it runs better than before, and I've learned more about the available mods. ECP, GRAA, WGL and DXDLL all make for a game that's comparable, graphically, with recent games (DX9). I'm still going through FDF and have now started Insurgency with TonalRedux (looking through the various forums available, it amazes me how much I've missed since this game has come out. . .). I'm sure I'll be active w/ OFP for a good while to come. I'm wanting to get into multiplayer a bit.

One thing, for you campaign makers (BI, included), I liken this game to the Links 2003 golf game - there are many golf courses available for download, many of such quality that folks pay for them, netting some income for their designers' efforts, even today (cf. this guy: Mike Jones Golf). I'm willing to pay for quality campaigns, much in the same vein as the Links course designers' courses. It seems to me that there's no reason money can't still be made with OFP, and thus extend the life of this great, fun game. smile_o.gif

I would follow it if I could fucking buy it.

I don't like the idea of illegally downloading games, but if they are not going to sell it, then what is stopping me?