Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Interview with Ondrej Spanel ( Suma )

Nice job with interwiev back there Jerry. Interview looked professional, and was interesting. It was very nice.

I'm downloading it right now, I'm sorry I wanted to listen to good ol' Sahrani Radio but I got to chinese restaurant... had to choose smile_o.gif

Can we have a download without registering first?

I don't mind to do, but find it quite useless to register just to get that one file i want. smile_o.gif

Can we have a download without registering first?

I don't mind to do, but find it quite useless to register just to get that one file i want.  smile_o.gif

I second that motion!

Please, Jerry inlove.gif give it to us without forcing us to register...  

As someone who had to register just to listen to this show I deeply sympathize with you guys so here is a filefront mirror: Link

Great, cheers Q1184. smile_o.gif

Now I need to find 90mins without getting disturbed.

As someone who had to register just to listen to this show I deeply sympathize with you guys so here is a filefront mirror: Link

I have trouble to listen the radio-show (to copy the link into windows-mediaplayer dont worked for me) and i have trouble to download the mp3-file even as a registered armedassault-eu-member (no pop-up-window appears for downloading), so thxs for the filefront-Download-link.

What about the chammy-interview-mp3-file? It is possible to put this also on filefront?

Good job interviewing, next time I will try to catch it live, I swear tounge2.gif

Will it be long for the next interview?

Its madness to imagine that no more than 10 people (at a time) put OPF together, im wondering how many people are currently working on Arma II..

Its only typical that i couldnt think of any questions

before hearing the interview goodnight.gif .

After hearing the interview: Good night ... ArmA2 goodnight.gif

After hearing the interview: Good night ... ArmA2 goodnight.gif

I agree with you, good night Arma2 and BIS

We spent our money for nothing banghead.gif

After hearing the interview: Good night ... ArmA2 goodnight.gif

I agree with you, good night Arma2 and BIS

We spent our money for nothing banghead.gif

why? huh.gif

Despite the fact that some answers were disappointing I think Ondrej did a good thing in the interview. He was modest and honest about what ArmA2 will have and will not. It's better for us to know what's coming rather than expecting everything we've wished for to be implemented.... and then you get the usual shitstorm in the community when the game is released.

Banging your head against the wall won't make ArmA2 any better. Just like a game engine has limitations, so does a company whether you like it or not.

Still, I really hope some features are reconsidered....

I was thinking that BIS will really undertake struggle with codemasters and kick they asses in the sky.

After that interview I feel only sorrow.

Fight just began and already BIS is just like biten poor pupy.

Well... still there is pinch of hope in me wink_o.gif

Fight just began and already BIS is just like biten poor pupy.

I don't think either of them are trying to "kick their asses to the sky" wink_o.gif

Full competition would be detrimental to both BIS and Codemasters. If both games were identical then there wouldn't be much reason to buy both of them. And they both would suffer lower sales.

Very interesting interview. The responses were a lot more honest than what you usually get with game previews and interviews smile_o.gif

So you finally interviewed my personal super hero inlove.gif

It's really great to put a "human face" on the BI Developer smile_o.gif

Interesting Interview, nice to hear Suma and hear about his past; start and development through the years.

BI has had some problems in the past with leaking wrong information or leaking information that was interpreted the wrong way. I think it's cool to have a 1:1 interview with honest answers smile_o.gif

It seems my expectations of ArmA2 are quite correct :-)

Can't wait for release :-)

Thanks Jerry and Suma smile_o.gif

I don't think either of them are trying to "kick their asses to the sky"  wink_o.gif

Full competition would be detrimental to both BIS and Codemasters. If both games were identical then there wouldn't be much reason to buy both of them. And they both would suffer lower sales.

Maybe it will be detrimental for them but not for us.

We need combact simulator which is free of bugs, easy to edit and friendly to our hardware.

I think this 3 points will decide which product wins this competition.

Thanks Jerry, and Suma for the interview. It was really enlightening to hear Suma's thoughts aloud.

I'm now kicking myself for not submitting a question about the MP modes that will be included in Arma II... smile_o.gif

Thanks for the interview Jerry and Ondrej!

By the time my question came up I was pretty sure what the answer would be already... So some features I've been hoping for won't be implemented - no reason not to look forward to ArmA2 though. I'm definitely glad about the possibilities of shooting from vehicles and the VBS2-like tracers.

Looking back, I wish I had asked more questions.

Woot!

Thanks Suma and Jerry, good stuff me'sa likes it.

sorry if my ton'o'questions stole anyone's airtime wink_o.gif