Sign in to follow this  
Halochief89

Offliner(vs ai) or onliner(vs players)

See how many of my fellow armanites play online most of the tine or offline most of the time. I myself am a offliner there are too many addons, mods and things that alter configs so I worry people cheat everytime I join or host so I like making screenshots and other things with the AI. But I probably have stumbled into a multi frenzy forum. Anyways place your spot on the poll I want to see if I'm a loner crazy_o.gif

This is a tough one.  My play time is pretty much 50/50.  On the singleplayer front, it's Dynamic war campaigns constantly.  Multiplayer probaly beats it out only by a little. Because I was never able to play OFP online too much because of all the addons you needed.  So I'll say MP.

I nulled my vote for the missing third option...

3. Onliner (vs AI)

Coop all the way. pistols.gif

I voted mostly offline because most of the time, the time I have to play, is devoted to makin' vidz rofl.gif

Halochief89

You say you are an offline player but bias in the way you framed the questions seams to point a different way. Odd.

Better to lay questions out without emotional words or phrases or value judgments in the words. wink_o.gif

I voted Null

Reasons

Straw-man poll, artificial concept most of us play both and do other things as well

Slanted emotive questions

Too few options if as I said I play both and make missions and make scripts and mod, etc. How can I answer in your poll?

Why not ask the moddies to close it for you then you can take time and choose a realistic set of questions without bias in the questions and including the more complex questions we need answering?

Kind Regards walker

How about

Online- vs AI and players.

Its not like you can have a reasonably large scale engagement with just players, you need AI to fill slots. tounge2.gif

what's the matter with some of you? it's a simple question - online or offline. no need to make rocket science out of it.  icon_rolleyes.gif

i for one voted offline, because that's all i do with ArmA. i only play those games online that feature persistent profiles and stat tracking. that means in don't play too many online games. so far i've played Joint Operations, Battlefield 2 and now Call of Duty 4 (i'll finish the campaign first, though). without those features (including ranks and unlockables) a multiplayer game just doesn't motivate me enough to keep playing.

Guest Ti0n3r

I prefer PVP coops help.gif

Not enough poll options in this. And you've also biased the questions to make it seem like playing against AI is the easy way out.

I didn't vote mainly because you didnt add another option at least listing something like "online- coop".

You can't get the same scale or specific features on player versus player missions. People in arma also have an amazing tendancy to grab a .50 cal sniper rifle and head for the hills. AI don't do this.

What's about offline and online?

Nice SP Mission + Campaigns are ready or in progress. Somtimes you could only watch at new features (addons) enjoy how AI is fighting vs AI biggrin_o.gif

Some MP Missions are nice too. I prefer playing games with good SP & MP parts.

without those features (including ranks and unlockables) a multiplayer game just doesn't motivate me enough to keep playing.

huh.gif

Null vote.

SP, mostly Evolution Single Player by Kronzky, and some self made Missions.

I don`t like playing with/against cheaters.

That the AI cheats too is known, but the cheating AI did not ruins the game.

Null vote.

When i'm not making coop missions i play them. Sometimes with a friend of mine at his house.

Was never a fan for all the colourfull deathmatch and CTF modes in any game. tounge2.gif

And offcourse offline to try out my missions and play with new addons and stuff.

See how many of my fellow armanites play online most of the tine or offline most of the time. I myself am a offliner there are too many addons, mods and things that alter configs so I worry people cheat everytime I join or host so I like making screenshots and other things with the AI. But I probably have stumbled into a multi frenzy forum. Anyways place your spot on the poll I want to see if I'm a loner  crazy_o.gif

I stopped playing online since I came across alot of cheating on some servers nowdays I play online evolution(red and blue) single player though.

Null vote = offended coop player

Seriously, if the main reason why you don't play against other players is fear of cheating, let me express my deepest amusement. It has no logic because there is no risk of anything happening to you and even the risk of having a cheater in a game is extremely low. My observation is that fearing cheaters is only a cover for the real reason: the fear of getting spanked by faster and more flexible players regardless of using surefire anti-AI tactics and "proper" military maneuvers. It's a piece of cake to dismiss them as CS kids or cheaters, afterall you have killed hundreds of intelligently flanking and proning AI opponents.

If you don't see yourself in the description above, good for you.

Online because I like coop'ing with 'intelligent' forces.  Never been on a server with working VOIP though so that is a shame.  Sure it would be real immersive...

Offline - my teammates aren't disappointed when I inevitably screw up and get us all killed in every single mission.

I wanted a short and sweet poll but I should have done a 50 50 one I'll admit I cant put side options of online because its still online so if you play coop ignore the quote next to online and put online thank you

You should have also included an option for Online CO-OP (which is technically both as you play against AI with other people). Thats where my vote would lie.