Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Congrats for the excellent look of the rovers, they just need to be a little scratched and dirted to look perfect. the color matches perfectly to the gear, and i love the tyre texture.

Good to see quality job like this and i just hope u guys can make it fun to drive, if arma allows that...the default jeeps are the most boring stuff to drive, for our sad...

Cracking. I notice on one pic the commanders GPMG is traversed full right. That'll look a bit ghey if the firer doesn't move too, is that going to be possible, or do we have to make some concessions to the fact we've got multiple turretted vehicles at last?

Concessions. On the bright side, just imagine multicrewing one with a couple of mates in an online game.... biggrin_o.gif

There is another UKF project that I am working on, that i had thought was going to be shown as part of this news release. Obviously it's not, but that means you'll probably get another reason to crack out the kleenex in a month or so tounge2.gif

Cheers for the reply. Shame, but if your hands are tied, I can't expect the earth can I?

Looking forward to a) having a pc that will run arma without it being a slideshow, and b) having the UKF stuff to play with. It's a tossup whihc is going to come first I think. biggrin_o.gif

Charliedog - It is possible to fully articulate and animate the front arm, but by the nature of how the front arm moves in real life on the WMIKs, we can't get the commander (front gunner) to move and use the weapon effectivly - i.e. to avoid him sitting in the drivers lap or levitating over the side of the vehicle

(basically arma can't simulate how a real soldier can monkey around and twist his body, neck, arms into position to use the weapon at various angles)

like Chris said, it doesn't exactly spoil your fun when pounding these around against some enemy forces biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seriously though, Messy has put so much work into the WMIKs

inlove.gif although I think that should read 'too much work' - I've been somewhat anal with the land rovers over the last 16 months or so.

thanks for the kind words gents, nice to see people are excited about UK mud pounder addons.

Quote[/b] ](basically arma can't simulate how a real soldier can monkey around and twist his body, neck, arms into position to use the weapon at various angles)

Sure. I'm no modeller/addon maker so I wouldn't know but I was guessing as much. From what I've seen from you guys releases in OFP and the pics here, it's not like you take shortcuts if something is possible.

we do try our best smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looking forward to the old friend the lilt can, ahh I miss it so.

on the subject of Lilt cans - if anyone who lives in the UK, and has a craving for the glow in the dark sugar syrup that is lilt aaaand owns a scanner, would like to help us out - buying a 330ml can of Lilt (no refund available from UKF) and cutting the top and bottom off, cutting along the side of the cylinder thats left and flattening it out onto a scanner would be very helpful (as well as the top and bottom) - apparently they don't sell Lilt in Denmark

biggrin_o.gif

The Land Rovers are looking good so far Messiah. I am really looking forward to the CVR(T) pack.

on the subject of Lilt cans - if anyone who lives in the UK, and has a craving for the glow in the dark sugar syrup that is lilt aaaand owns a scanner, would like to help us out - buying a 330ml can of Lilt (no refund available from UKF) and cutting the top and bottom off, cutting along the side of the cylinder thats left and flattening it out onto a scanner would be very helpful (as well as the top and bottom) - apparently they don't sell Lilt in Denmark

biggrin_o.gif

And my mission begin's tounge2.gif

I shall endevour to find one for you, however it seems the lilt supply has become somewhat short over here these days. Bottles are plentiful, cans, a struggle.

YES! LANDIES!

Bah, I've been drooling to have these in ArmA after scouring YouTube and finding footage from Afghanistan. Along with some british troops it'd make my year.

I was wondering, seeing how the ArmA damage system is...horrible, will you implement something different, a bit more durable to gunshots? I'm disgruntled by the fact that the ArmA vehicles get rusted and start burning after even short firefights.

we'll see what we can do...

they'll receive their own damage textures rather than rusting, and we can but try and get a more credible damage tolerance implemented within the realms of what ArmA allows - but again, lets remember that these are very lightly armoured vehicles and essentially they're a mobile support weapon - i.e. they support an engagement, rather than lead it

Well, what I was mainly thinking is that they don't rust up and burn after three bullets hit them.

yeh, those L/R need to shift about 70 to 80Mph. If the game allows you to do such things. They look awesome! The uniform does aswell.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to its release.

...they support an engagement, rather than lead it

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure that in plenty of ArmA missions they

will. "Chaaaaarge!" biggrin_o.gif

yeh, those L/R need to shift about 70 to 80Mph. If the game allows you to do such things. They look awesome! The uniform does aswell.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to its release.

perhaps when they were new - my only experience is driving my TD5 defender, but I don't quite think that its comparable to a British army land rover that's been banged around a lot.

at any rate they put a little sticker on the dash which tells the driver he may only drive at 60mph on motorways etc - I think that will be plenty. What we did want was something that could actually tackle offroad driving with some degree of credibility and speed, unlike the ArmA hummers. Rock's done a sterling job on the suspension and offroad handling.

Quote[/b] ]"Chaaaaarge!"

Tally Ho anyone? biggrin_o.gif

oh, these look spiffing.

Bloody good job, lads.:o

Will you be reskinning the Harriers too?

Will you be reskinning the Harriers too?

The BIS Harriers are too ugly to just reskin anyway.

Guest RKSL-Rock
RKSL are working hard on some brand spanking new Harriers.

Yeah, the models actually look like a Harrier is supposed to nener.gif

RKSL are working hard on some brand spanking new Harriers.

Yeah, the models actually look like a Harrier is supposed to  nener.gif

oh dear. I see, look forward to those then. biggrin_o.gif

Are you working on Warriors and Challengers too?

Of course we are.

Orson's work on the Warriors was mentioned in the news post, and occasionally you'll catch a sneak peak of the Challenger 2 in this thread. wink_o.gif

Absolutly splendid.

Look forward to seeing your work smashing the SLA soon.

Can't wait for the good old Dababa to come along. Will it be able to survive eight RPG strikes and an anti-tank missile ? biggrin_o.gif