Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

In the past 4 months we've created more content that we had in 3 years of OFP.

Erm, maybe that's because you never got around to releasing half of your addons for flashpoint because you never finnished them.. nener.gif

Joking aside though, it is very good news indeed that we will be seeing some much needed British addons in ArmA.

On a side note however, your team does seem to be quite secretive with what addons your producing, except for the landrovers which is the only addon we really know anything about. Would it be presumpsious of me to ask for a list or atleast some teaser screenshots, pretty please... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]should really see about some screenshots mind.

That would be fairly awesome. whistle.gif

On a side note however, your team does seem to be quite secretive with what addons your producing, except for the landrovers which is the only addon we really know anything about. Would it be presumpsious of me to ask for a list or atleast some teaser screenshots, pretty please... biggrin_o.gif

We've got a small list of projects (not all of them) on our biki page, and a few details about them were mentioned in the Land Rover news. There are also a few teaser pics in the signature images of team members.

That said though, we've already stated that the next update should include images of all sorts of new vehicles the lads have been working on. So no, it's not presumptuous to ask for a more extensive look at our armoury. smile_o.gif

I know it's a pit pants that we've not produced screens when we said we would but that's not about secrecy; the guys are simply focussed on creating content for the game. Publicising it is just getting overlooked a little.

Quote[/b] ]Publicising it is just getting overlooked a little.

Least you've got the right extreme. biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to the next update.

Publicising it is just getting overlooked a little.

You need to get a screenshot monkey. One of those people that spend more time taking the perfect screenshot than playing the game, like we spend more time modding the game than playing it.

In the past 4 months we've created more content that we had in 3 years of OFP.

Erm, maybe that's because you never got around to releasing half of your addons for flashpoint because you never finnished them.. nener.gif

oddly enough, thats quite true to an extent. A lot of stuff never made release because of the odd bug that we couldn't fix, so it ended up staying with ourselves and our beta testers for the end of OFP. Snatch would be a good example of that. We couldn't guarantee MP stability with the scripts.

but that current content estimation includes the stuff we never released. like da12h said, screens will be forthcoming at some point. Once they do, I think they will more than make up for the lack of them thus far.

not much of a secret about what we're making. If its a ground bashing bit of British kit, then we're probably making it.

The more observant amongst you will have already seen alot of the work we've been doing over the past 4 months anyway.

Publicising it is just getting overlooked a little.

You need to get a screenshot monkey. One of those people that spend more time taking the perfect screenshot than playing the game, like we spend more time modding the game than playing it.

Christ, I got one you guys can use. He's pretty damn smart but I'm not too sure if he has the mental capacity to learn to make screenies. But you are more than welcome to give it a try.

I gotta give full warning though. Although the little guy is cute and very friendly, he's a stinking mess. And I mean STINKING.

The girlfriend would kill me, surely. But I'll give him away and even pay the international shipping(and Handling wink_o.gif )

Moving on from the monkey, to be honest I like how you guys do it. There's nothing wrong with focusing on the content in my opinion. Hell it's your skills, your ideas, your free time.

Besides, I know you guys are still at it. And it will be one helluva nice surprise when a Brit Mod release slaps me upside my head from out of nowhere. biggrin_o.gif

lilt took a back seat to a CRARRV.

work is honestly progressing. In the past 4 months we've created more content that we had in 3 years of OFP. Just need those finishing touches.

should really see about some screenshots mind.

I am looking forward to the CRARRV.  Is there any chance it will be made available with markings for both the 1991 Gulf War and the 2003 Gulf War?

Will the CRARRV have some sort of towing script or will act as a repair truck for tanks?

@M9ACE - Haven't got that far in thinking stuff like that through, but I can't see why not.

@Mehman - Again, not thought things through that far. Of course it will have the magical arma repair facility, but if we can work out a towing script, then sure thing.

I always thought "Craaaarv!" was the sound squaddies

made when the expression "NBC" came up during the briefing

for an ex. biggrin_o.gif

Do you gents plan on making this:

Mamba

...because if you do, please speak with me. I don't plan on going further with the model I had made, and maybe we can work something out.

Abs

The UK sold all of its Mambas to Estonia, who wanted them for Iraq and Afghanistan. It sparked off a lot of debate in the press when they found out, following the criticism of Snatch Land Rovers.

As a result, UKF won't be interested in adding it to our team projects. However, I personally am doing some Estonian ISAF troops (derived from BIS models) as a little side project, so I might be interested in working on it when I'm done with other things, work and ArmA related (we're probably talking months here). PM me if you want to discuss it.

In the past couple days browsing your forums I have had a '500 Internal Server Error'. Having trouble with the site? Or could be something on my end actually.

Good to see you guys alive and kicking! smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
In the past couple days browsing your forums I have had a '500 Internal Server Error'. Having trouble with the site? Or could be something on my end actually.

'500 Internal Server Error' is exactly what it says. Itss a serverside problem. Not on your end.

aye, had the same as well. Out host is a little odd a times with regards to random errors here and there, but everything should be working ok in between.

Abs, as da12th said we don't use the Mamba anymore, which is a shame as I recall your model being very very good. Hopefully you and da12th can come to some sort of arrangement.

Hi Project UKF Forces!!!

Release date for new UK units is near? smile_o.gif

can't wait to play with UK units with new helmets, and with new vehicles!  inlove.gif  pistols.gif

shuriken.gif

UKF NEWS

14th June 2008

Better late than never

It seems as though every time we promise to keep our news updated regularly we fail, quite miserably.

Instead of giving you more excuses, (other than that we’ve simply been forgetful) we're going to try and make things up to you instead. Not quite as good as an addon release unfortunately, but at least it’s a nice selection of new screen shots and information about our projects for you to get your teeth into. As indicated in the last news release, we're still making very good progress with ArmA addons and so far, have outdone ourselves with the number of models completed, compared to our OFP days.

As always, these are beta screen shots, so expect things to be a little cleaner, naked and unfinished than what you will eventually see in the finished product. Similarly, they'll only be released when they're ready, and not a moment before… but perhaps a moment after, to keep the tension (Yes, we're horrible like that).

So, onto the new kit then. The guys have been working hard on a large variety of vehicles and weapons over the past few months, and finally we're getting a large proportion of them in game. Our enthusiasm for configs isn't quite at the same level as it is for models and textures. It's a slow process, and a lot of head scratching and bug fixing, but bit by bit we're getting somewhere! And due to the constantly changing nature of British kit, we're constantly having to amend our addons to match the latest UOR's - Urgent Operational Requirements - that the Army has with the real versions. Please also bear in mind that some of the addons have not, as yet, had their normal or specular maps applied.

First on the pile is the Challenger 2, modelled by Jtec, and textured by Chris. Currently we have the basic CR2 model made, with the usual additional armour attached. We are also planning on adding the latest UOR equipment, which includes an Enforcer remote weapons station, various pieces of ECM equipment and new variations of armour. I think you'll agree that the guys have done a stunning job thus far, and with the planned attachments, this CR2 should be an impressive looking addon.

Next is a update on the Land Rover pack, modelled and textured by Messiah. You may remember, in the last news post we showed an early version of the WMIK. These have yet again undergone some cosmetic changes, to bring them to the current EWMIK standard seen in Afghanistan. Besides the WMIK, Messiah has been finishing off the additional vehicles in the pack and making some alterations where applicable, such as BOWMAN radio systems and run flat tyres. The Land Rovers are really beginning to take shape, and at this stage are only lacking a few final details (such as dirt and scratches) before they're fit for a release.

Continued in the next post...

Edited by da12thMonkey

The new weapons pack has also taken shape nicely over the last few months, with Chris, leading the way with the SA80 series of individual weapons and Messiah, creating the GPMG and LMG (a reworked BIS model with Chris' SUSAT). The contents of the pack hasn't been finalised yet, but do expect a couple of handguns, a sniper rifle and perhaps some specially equipped SA80's too.

Chris has had a tough act to follow with the SA80's. Jonno and Fat Joe's OFP weapons were of a very high standard, and even looked fairly good in ArmA. Chris has surpassed all expectations with the new SA80's, bringing the model and textures up-to-date and in line with our current standards. He has also been working on some nice sounds to go along with them.

Messiah has been creating a GPMG for use in the personal role, but also for use as a mounted weapon on a large number of our vehicles. As you can see, the new GPMG has come a long way from the previous OFP incarnation, and fits in very nicely with the rest of the weapons and the vehicles. The LMG is simply an edit of the M249 created by BIS, with specific alterations and additions to the model and textures to convert it into a Minimi Para.

Away from the CR2, Jtec has been hard at work on his very own fleet of trucks that have recently started to be deployed in the British Army. The MAN trucks have brought a new era of support vehicles to our planned ArmA content. With a large selection of vehicles, covering a variety of sizes, capacities and roles, Jtec is aiming to bring a definitive collection of British MAN trucks to ArmA.

And finally we thought we'd show you a little old lady that’s been brought out of near retirement in the British Army, a vehicle we never thought we'd end up making due to its age. After being dragged kicking and screaming from his beloved Land Rovers, Messiah has also been working on an FV432 pack, bringing the FV432 Mk3 into ArmA with a variety of versions including the Up-armoured Bulldog.

In addition to our news post, we are currently looking to add to our number; that's right, UKF are recruiting! We are looking for people with a good level of commitment, a passion for British Kit, and a high degree of skill in thier area of expertise. Ideally applicants will be multiskilled, but it isn't a requirement. Specific jobs we are looking to recruit people are as follows:

Scripter:

The position of scripter will require indepth knowledge of the game engine and scripting system. In addition, you will also be expected to tackle the creative side of scripting, taking the initiative on various projects that represent the vehicle and weapon systems in use by British Forces, and adding in scripted features where appropriate.

Multiplayer stability and performance is a must for UKF addons (we learnt the hard way in OFP), and applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with this side of scripting.

Config Monkey:

We're looking for someone competant with the config side of addons, including the ability to write model.cfg's. In this role, you will help to take the load off the rest of the team, leaving us to concentrate on the modelling and texturing side of things. Applicants must know thier way around a config blindfolded, as we're looking for you to be the expert!

Animator:

We're after a skilled animator to help with various animation tasks, encompassing all types of addons. Ideally, the applicant will be able to take animations all the way from the toolset and into the game independantly - we wouldn't be advertising if we were any good at this ourselves!

We are also open to the applications of anyone with modelling or texturing skills, however, applicants will have to meet UKF standards. Please be prewarned that we aren't taking applications for the positions of "Beta Tester", "PR manager", "Screenshot Taker", "Mission Maker", and various other doss jobs that if need doing, are done by other team members who also serve much more useful purposes. We also reserve the right to reject an applicant on any basis, in particular, having a good working relationship with the rest of the team is of high value to us.

Applicants are advised to visit our forum, and either post in the appropriate section, or contact a team member via the Private Messaging system.

www.pukf.net

-The UKF Team.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Now that is one hell of an update. wow_o.gif

Especially... everything! Aw man. biggrin_o.gif