Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Heya guys, just wondering if theres any list of infantry units out there or is that side of things still being worked on?

bootneckofficer

No, there isn't a 'list', per say, yet. Its very much based on what we feel is required for an representative infantry pack (although it may also include some AAC pilots, depending on time)

No, there isn't a 'list'...although it may also include some AAC pilots, depending on time

wow_o.gif

..and things for them to fly?  

Linx maybe?

Chinook?? wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

As far as I know RKSL are making the aircraft while PUKF make the ground units and hopefully air crew.

Guest RKSL-Rock
No, there isn't a 'list'...although it may also include some AAC pilots, depending on time

wow_o.gif

Linx maybe?

*Cough*RKSL*Cough*

wow_o.gif

Linx maybe?

*Cough*RKSL*Cough*

Fan bloody tastic!

I almost crashed my car on the week end.

Almost died and would never have seen your final project.

..and almost killed my wife to be.

I was driving along the M4, going to Swansea, and the Gower as it was a blazing lovely week end.

What did i see coming the other way (heading east)? 3 ruddy great tank transporters, each with a bloody challenger plonked on the back!  (they were all muddy and dirty, looked like they'd been on exercise or something).

So much like a little child was i, that I said "wow!  look at those!" and twisted my head around to look, only to have my fiancée shout "Watch out!" as i veered out of my lane. Luckily we were on the 50mph stretch at Swansea.

The main question i have is where were they going to and where were they coming from..

If they were on the A470, I'd assume they were coming back from the Brecon Beacons, is there a firing range near Swansea? I didn’t think there was...

They will have been at Castlemartin (Pembroke) for live firing. Sennybridge (Brecon) is not suitable for Heavy armour.

I think the King's Royal Hussars were at Castlemartin recently, so if the tanks belong to them, they'd have been going to Tidworth (Wiltshire).

Sennybridge isn't suitable for human life, but thats a whole different matter. tounge2.gif

You don't need to tell me that: I spend a couple of months working there last year. Thankfully I was staying elsewhere.

Might be worth mentioning that we're currently doing a bit of housekeeping on our forums; deleting old, irrelevant threads and stuff. Most of it isn't affecting the public parts of the forum, apart from closing the 'Addon Ideas' board, but if you do notice any topics have disappeared, you know why.

Sennybridge isn't suitable for human life, but thats a whole different matter. tounge2.gif

QFT!!!!

Are you making the backsight on the GPMG "foldable"

in-game? As it is now, the sights on your model are

set for 800 metres. Very nice looking gun model indeed,

though. Hats off to whoever did that one!

Uh, Faulkner! You're back! Where have you been?

Are you making the backsight on the GPMG "foldable"

in-game? As it is now, the sights on your model are

set for 800 metres. Very nice looking gun model indeed,

though. Hats off to whoever did that one!

I believe that the infantry-role one has the sight folded away, but it is up when the GPMG is on a vehicle mount. I think it's just up in that picture so that you can see we've modelled it.

It was made by Messiah, and yes he did a rather marvellous job of it.

Progress is anything but slow, we just don't make regular updates for you lot.

Lots has happened since June: more stuff is ingame and being tested by UKF and VCB, more models have been made, more textures have been done and more features are being developed. That's all the update you'll get for the time being, until we get around to doing a mass of screenshots again.

Just a quick question,

For OFP you guys made a pack of Diemaco C8's for special forces, in various camo schemes and equipment variations. Will this be updated for ARMA?

Much respect.

notworthy.gif

@Faulkner - Ta very much. I had toyed with the idea of making the rear fold up sight rangable, as we've done on the GMG with the ACOG, but decided that with the ranges you'll be engaing enemy with, it was too much hastle for such eye candy. Perhaps on the SF role GPMG I'll implement it.

@Guttersniper/Pavehawk - As da12th said, everything is going fine. Unless you have some backdoor into our Hardrives and SVN, then you not quite in the position to comment on our progress wink_o.gif. If you do a little snooping around, look at the 'other' work we do, then you'll see that we're anything but slow these days. WMIKs took a little bit of a back burner spot to the Jackal, which I'll show in the next news update, whenever that may be.

@Pyschosim - Back at the begining of ArmA we spoke to Jackal to see if he was going to be making some C8's for ArmA, and if so, would he mind making a couple of 'british' specific versions that we could use. He hasn't been so active of late, so I'm not sure where he got with the weapon pack, but nothing we'll hold against him of course. If it comes down to it, we may just alter the BIS M4.

There will be a new news update. It might be in a week, it might be in 6 months. I don't know, nor do I lose much sleep thinking about it. VCB post regular photos of their missions on their website (www.volcbat.com) that tend to show some of the things they're testing (If you're desperate for new pics). Please bear in mind, there are other factors that influence what we can show and when.

Yea as Messy said, Diemacos have been discussed but we've faced a number of dilemmas particularly with regards as to whether we should convert BIS's M4 MLODs into L119s or make our own from scratch.

Obviously the former would be much quicker, but the ULA for the MLODs is such that we'd have to relinquish our intellectual property on other models that were packaged in the same .pbo as the Diemacos.

For example, anyone would be entitled to use and modify stuff that we made for the other weapons such as the HK UGL Chris made for the SA80 (which would most definitely be stuck on the L119) without notifying him. We don't mind people using parts of our models on their own addons; we just insist on people having to ask first.

@ Messiah and da12thMonkey:

Thanks for the quick reply, either way can't wait to try your new addons when they get released.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

hmm..yes, Progress seems to be going slow?

Hmmm....No...No, not really.....

thanks for the info on the wmik.

Quote[/b] ]There will be a new news update. It might be in a week, it might be in 6 months. I don't know, nor do I lose much sleep thinking about it.

Me neither then, sorry for showing an interest icon_rolleyes.gif