Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

hate to say it but Rock is right.. Danish SF use the Supacat...

Any who...

Is the LR WMIK able to have more than 3 persons in it?

Normally three, but four is not uncommon. You could cram 6 guys in the back if you wanted, but not much room left for anything else wmik related.

Those patronising hedgehogs from 'KiT!' say 326 with Enforcer OWS, 75 without.

Is that the same KiT rag-mag that was flying about way back in the late 80's and early 90's?

If so I remember finding copies on the QM's desk where they were telling the chaps from the RAF Regiment not to blip their CVR(T)'s.

its still going, or at least up until the start of this year. The site seems to have dissapeared since.

its still going, or at least up until the start of this year. The site seems to have dissapeared since.

Damn now I feel very old! I remember when it was in a small pamphlet form...looong before the internet.

Those patronising hedgehogs from 'KiT!' say 326 with Enforcer OWS, 75 without.

Is that the same KiT rag-mag that was flying about way back in the late 80's and early 90's?

If so I remember finding copies on the QM's desk where they were telling the chaps from the RAF Regiment not to blip their CVR(T)'s.

Probably the same, I've not been working long enough to remember it back in the 80s early 90s, was their attempt at 'humour' as bad then as it is now?. It still comes in pamphlet form every 3 months.

Messy, they still put it on t'internet they've just moved the site after re-designing army.mod.uk. I'll send you the link.

WOW!  I've only just seen the screen shots!

you guys have done some fantastic work, but tell me this, will the flatbed be able to transport vehicles?

My cousin used has just left the army after 21 years of service.  He used to drive the tank transporters (only 45mph top speed apparently  crazy_o.gif ) but if we could see them or the trucks on your screens carrying playable vehicles that would be amazing!

WOW! I've only just seen the screen shots!

you guys have done some fantastic work, but tell me this, will the flatbed be able to transport vehicles?

My cousin used has just left the army after 21 years of service. He used to drive the tank transporters (only 45mph top speed apparently crazy_o.gif ) but if we could see them or the trucks on your screens carrying playable vehicles that would be amazing!

steg,u always get a hardon with pukf work:)

@pukf

any plans on adding bar armour on ure chally guys?as in the places they are Placed.

@pukf

any plans on adding bar armour on ure chally guys?as in the places they are Placed.

It already has bar armour on it. You can see that in the screens.

@pukf

It already has bar armour on it. You can see that in the screens.

yeah cherrs monkey, im thinking of somthing else and got confused,im a knobhead,but there again im ginger and welsh,so im excused

WOW!  I've only just seen the screen shots!

My cousin used has just left the army after 21 years of service.  He used to drive the tank transporters (only 45mph top speed apparently  crazy_o.gif ) but if we could see them or the trucks on your screens carrying playable vehicles that would be amazing!

steg,u always get a hardon with pukf work:)

@pukf

rofl.gif

Yes. Yes i do.

I can't wait for our boys to take it to the SLA. pistols.gif

Look great guy's keep up the hard work!!!

Congrats PUKF.

I cannot wait to see these released and used in a full Brit Campaign.

Excellent biggrin_o.gif

Something along the lines of the Scimitar, the Spartan and the Samaritan?

Well yea, Scimitar, Spartan and Samaritan are all CVR(t)s aren't they? wink_o.gif

The other vehicles in the CVR(t) family that are still in service are likely to be included too.

Yeah i agree that the screens are fantastic, with the Supacat HMT400, are you going to have the three or so weapons on top that we can use, eg: the GMPG, grenade launcher and another GPMG on the back that we can use ingame? or are you going to limit the it to one gun on the Supacat?

Most of the real ones only have 2 guns (like the WMIKs in the first page). The Jackal that Messiah is making will have a front GPMG and a selection of weapons for the ring-mount.

So far we've only seen 3 weapons mounted on demonstrator vehicles: the third weapon is usually mounted at the rear of the vehicle. Currently, this space is occupied by electronic equipment and is closed off by armour plates on Jackals in Afghanistan.

The Jackal will have the 50cal, GPMG and GMG on the main ring mount, and a front GPMG as per current UK spec. (well, at least in terms of mainstream use. As with the Land Rovers we won't be making any sort of special forces version of the Jackals, unless someone comes up with more than the two photos I have of them)

As da12th said, the rear GPMG is only present on the supacat demonstrater/base model, and the Danish version. Being an MoD procurement, they had to do it differently of course. The rear compartment, again as da12th said, is filled with comms and ecm equipment, thus there's no space for a rear weapon.

Hopefully get you some ingame screens of the Jackal in the next update. Just finishing off the fiinal LODs at the moment.

[edit]

I forgot to mention that if you look around enough, you'll be sure to spot a few pics of it somewhere.

in the picture on your website of the man support trucks (the greenones) is that truck towing another vehicle? is that a feature of it? or is it jsut hte placement of the vehicles?

On a side note, i know that you guys and RKSL arnt doing this but is there a team out there doing Royal Navy Ships and equipment?

in the picture on your website of the man support trucks (the greenones) is that truck towing another vehicle? is that a feature of it? or is it jsut hte placement of the vehicles?

It's just how Messiah placed the vehicles to make the screenshot a bit more interesting. UNN recently said he'd look into towing scripts once he's finished RKSL Studios' cargo system.

On a side note, i know that you guys and RKSL arnt doing this but is there a team out there doing Royal Navy Ships and equipment?

CBFASI is producing Royal Navy ships in cooperation with RKSL

Guest RKSL-Rock

CBFASI is producing Royal Navy ships in cooperation with RKSL

CBFASI is very busy with real world stuff right now so doesn't have much time on his hands for but he's going to continue making some RN Ships when he can. But I've already made a start on some others types, although i doubt they wil be as good or as accurate as his.

I'll post some updates on the RKSL site tomorrow. Time permitting.

Aye. Hadn't seen the fella around much recently, so it had crossed my mind that he might be too busy to work on them. Seeing that he'd signed up on your forums did give me some hope that he's still continuing where possible though.

All the best with it bud.