Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Brilliant jobs lads, I know im echoing here but they are fantastic models and one of the most exciting things is that with ArmA2 up and coming these addons will surely live on for along time to come.

Everything looks fantastic allready, and you say it will be even better. notworthy.gif

I think I like the rovers and especially the snatch the best! wow_o.gif

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Nice work on those rovers, wheels are looking much better now. Looking forward to see them finished.....and of course on my HDD thumbs-up.gif

hehe, well remembered. And thanks again for the advice, you were right, it did make the wheels look a lot better.

Wow, your powers of observation are second to none.

As per this forums rules, no VBS discussion is allowed, this thread is about UKFs ArmA addon.

Looking good mates. Is it just me or is ArmA really suddenly improving leaps lately? I mean there's always been great stuff coming out since the beginning but it seems like now everything has just exploded in quality. I feel like a small kid in a toy store all over again. Now all I need to complete that feeling are my old damned ninja turtle action figures. tounge2.gif

Dude.. absolute FABULOUS !!!!! biggrin_o.gif

welll i hope that this pictures of SAS operatives in iraq gives you some inspiration

Oh cool, people can just use Jonny's US SF and pass them off as SAS. We just have to make some Diemacos. smile_o.gif

Saves Chris some work. biggrin_o.gif

awesome,just bloody awesome.

noticed the ukf critics have stayed away from this thread.

Can see you guys have worked hard,good stuff.

Cheers Welshy

Jolly Roger, whilst we appreciate the pictures and they are certainly interesting, our plan is still to create a 'generic SF' model which can be used as SAS, SBS, SRR, SFSG, Pathfinder etc etc etc.

Chris could spend a lifetime making all the various combinations of civilian, military, borrowed gear in creating the worlds most concise SAS pack, but it would be a waste of his time if one generic model with a few randomized bits and bobs can suffice.

Or at least thats how we see it. tounge2.gif

Cheers Welshy

Jolly Roger, whilst we appreciate the pictures and they are certainly interesting, our plan is still to create a 'generic SF' model which can be used as SAS, SBS, SRR, SFSG, Pathfinder etc etc etc.

Chris could spend a lifetime making all the various combinations of civilian, military, borrowed gear in creating the worlds most concise SAS pack, but it would be a waste of his time if one generic model with a few randomized bits and bobs can suffice.

Or at least thats how we see it.  tounge2.gif

I agree.

But they are some mean looking MoFos.

Thank God they are on our side 'eh?

I am really looking forward to the UK stuff to come out. I'd like to put them into the Warfare mission!

just out of interest, will you be doing desert and woodland camo?

Yeah, both are on the cards.

Jolly good show!

i hope that the infantry pack is top priority.

becouse, what do we need vehicles for if we have no soldiers to use them? smile_o.gif

SUPERB WORK!

I'm looking forward to the hardware rather than the infantry, there's been British infantry of increasing quality for a while now in ArmA. Obviously the more authentic the better.  biggrin_o.gif

Daniel @ June 16 2008,17:40)]I'm looking forward to the hardware rather than the infantry, there's been British infantry of increasing quality for a while now in ArmA. Obviously the more authentic the better. biggrin_o.gif

I think the same.

Please let me say UKF team, i´m stunned by the quality of your modification and addons.

I´m very much looking forward to any news updates and releases from you team. smile_o.gif

Meh pretty average...

tounge2.gif

Top draw as always gents biggrin_o.gif

hey guys this may be a little OT but...

i just watched a sky news coreespondent following the pathfinders in Helmand, and he mentiond and showed images of a "new" all terain vehicle used by the forces that i havent seen before. was wondering if you knew what it was, and if so are you in the process of making one?

it looked pritty fearsom.

just watched the same video myself.

its the Supacat HMT400 'Jackal' or 'MWMIK'. Only just officially procured and sent into action:

Army Website on the Jackal

and funnily enough, I'm sitting here right this moment UV unwrapping it.

Now that is a nice thing to hear, hope it doesn't consume you as much as the Landies did tounge2.gif

hehe, I'd be hard pushed to be honest - the lannies were about 18 months and counting due to the insane amount of times I remade them from scratch and keep adding bits and bobs.

Jackal's taken me about a week so far, so it would take one hell of a setback to draw it out as long. (Then again, back then I was still learning UV unwrapping and how to make decent texture panels)

cheers messy, that is one cool looking vehicle.

any idea how much they cost? are these gonna completely replace the WMIK land rovers?

I can't recall how much they cost a piece, but certainly they're not cheap, and a good deal dearer than the Land Rovers WMIKs.

At the moment, no, they're not replacing all Land Rover WMIKs. The cost to replace all LR WMIKs would be one large hindrance.

The Land Rovers are still good, useful vehicles, but their short comings such as being unable to carry the loads (even after EWMIK upgrades) required for such work undertaken by the pathfinders, for instance, meant a replacement for them in those circumstances was needed, hence the UOR (Urgent Operational Requirement) and hasty procurement.

I don't see them being fully replaced for a while yet, but I guess you never know. Please bear in mind I'm simply regurgitating information I've read/heard/spoken to people about, so I could be very wrong of course. Da12thmonkey may know a little more on the subject than me. He's a bit of a kit boffin that lad.

I remember watching the video with the PathFinders, hmm one Jackal broke and one overturned. Lets hope these field tests lead to further improvements eh?

Given it was the pathfinders, in all likelihood they've been ragging them to shit, way past what Supacat could ever conceive. As you said, its early days, bound to have teething problems as with any new kit. Not many places in the Uk for supacat to trial the Jackal, that resembles Ghaners.

The roll over was a consequence of the terrain, loose ground and the way it crested the embankment (or from what I could see)

Anyway, we're straying a little off topic here.