Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Suggestion-list for the final arma patch

Close combat weapons FTW. when you run out of ammo you can just salute to your opponents if there is no ammo near you. Wouldf be nice a one punch animation and also some knive strike from enemies back neck and to direct hit to front side.

Controlling a game character in ArmA is, I think not suitable for close-combat battle. It's just too clumsy and difficult to position a character accurately. How would you be able to hit someone with a knife if you can't even place your own character accurately.

And actually these kind of requests don't belong into this thread. Maybe make a new suggestion list thread for the game which possibly comes from BIS after ArmA 2.

huh.gif

Exactly. The sprint stop still hasn't been fixed, the crouch run to prone thing hasn't been fixed, there are just so many problems with the anims right now and only slight improvements each time. The sprinting is clumsy, the realism buffs say it's like that in real life, blah blah! It's not, you can predict in real life where are you going to stop and how. In ArmA you just can't 3/4 of the time. You also cannot make small adjustments in some cases. Like going forward just a bit, it goes through the whole anim loop and that moves you further than in most cases you would want. If you're near an edge of a building that can be a big problem. You sometimes have to battle the game to get control over your char.

Fixe 8800 card serie memory bug (leak?)

lol they've been trying to fix that from the start and are still no nearer now than then.

whistle.gif

You also cannot make small adjustments in some cases. Like going forward just a bit, it goes through the whole anim loop and that moves you further than in most cases you would want. If you're near an edge of a building that can be a big problem.

I find that if you have "walk" enabled then you can make

smaller movements. Shuffling forward or edging around the

corner of some cover works OK in those circumstances.

It works best if you are crouched at the same time.

I have "walk" as my default movement type, and hold down

the "walk" key to disable it to get that jog-trot gait they

use.

@Rubberkite

Quote[/b] ]Add viewblock to fallen tree, AI can see you and shot trought it.

This is BRILLIANT!!! I was trying to remember one significant show-stopper and the dude upstaged me smile_o.gif

Some ppl will say whatever, but... This fix hasn't been addresse since OFP times. You can hind behind a tree, but once it's fallen by an explosion or a vehicle it becomes transparent for AI like it doesn't exist anymore. It's even worse than the lovely tall ArmA grass. The fallen tree foliage doesn't block AI's sight. It becomes a nightmare in Evolution very often, when there was already fighting in a city and much of trees there are knocked down. Entering a city then becomes almost impossible, if there is AI behind a knockdown tree you will never see it, but it will pick you up no problem. You will just wonder where the hell it came from.

And of course the rusting wheels effects or rusting vehicles. Either assign the total destruction effect to the vehicle and then apply burned/rusty texture or just leave the vehicle inoperable. Vehicles changing colour when shot up just looks like a half-assed programming job in a pre-alpha version. The best realization of vehicle detruction effects has been done in the ArmA Affects mod by Maddmatt. (http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=addons&id=137) BIS, please try it out and see what can be done in ArmA! How difficult is it for you if a modder can do it?!

fix to HMMWV glasses ... you can see thru buildings and loose objects if you look thru ... interesting is MH6 glass got no such problem ...

i came over some stuff in scripting ...

seems like there is NO simple way to obtain number of weapons and magazines in vehicle cargo

so we get addMagazineCargo, clearMagazineCargo, addWeaponCargo, clearWeaponCargo

so how about way how detect numbers of these incargo

la MagazinesInCargo, WeaponsInCargo

Is it possible, to expand custom faces to get use of DDS textures and/or fix the JPEG in ATI cards?

i fully agree with such 'ingenious' simple suggestion smile_o.gif

As an update on the "see through fallen trees" thing. Why not just make them solid objects after the fall animation is over? If that would make passing through fallen woods too tricky, in that case just add view-block to them.

Guest Ti0n3r

Indeed... Hah, I remember how they said that fallen trees could act as road blocks, back before the game was released. Time to implement this maybe? It's never too late

Environmental sounds could use some adjustments crazy_o.gif .

Its very strange to hear crickets and insects while hovering 30 meters in the air behind the stick of a helicopter.

Environmental sound of wind up in the mountains? Sometimes i swear i can hear... something.

Is it possible, to expand custom faces to get use of DDS textures and/or fix the JPEG in ATI cards?

i fully agree with such 'ingenious' simple suggestion smile_o.gif

+1 with that seeing as i cant find any info on changing my jpeg to PAA.  whistle.gif

As an update on the "see through fallen trees" thing. Why not just make them solid objects after the fall animation is over? If that would make passing through fallen woods too tricky, in that case just add view-block to them.

BIS staff told me that Viewblock volume is supposed to fall with tree ... as part of model

so AI should not see thru fallen three as Viewblock volume is still there ...

if not true then BUG!

one to simply be able to holster pistol and also lower pistol

and to replace the standardized US infantry rifle from the M4 to the M16A4 or something, i hate the carbine being main infantry weapon

and to replace the standardized US infantry rifle from the M4 to the M16A4 or something, i hate the carbine being main infantry weapon

The M4 is the main weapon of the US Army nowadays. If you dont like this fact, I suggest writing a long and angry letter to the US DoD... Till then, ArmA should have the US Army troops using M4s as this is what is most realistic.

Please could the infantry 'Behaviours' (CARELESS, SAFE, AWARE, COMBAT, STEALTH) be tweaked to give them the same variety present in OFP?

CARELESS and SAFE:

Issues: units walk at all SpeedModes. In OFP, NORMAL & FULL Speedmodes were the same jog but LIMITED was a walk.

Suggestions: distinct SpeedModes, e.g. LIMITED = amble, NORMAL = a brisker walk, FULL = jog.

AWARE:

Issues: in SpeedMode LIMITED, units move too slowly and too deliberately - weapons are 'up' most of the time making the Behaviour too similar to COMBAT. NORMAL is a jog and FULL is a run but it's not a great difference in actual speed. (This is in 1.09 Beta - it seems to have been tweaked already from earlier versions.) On the plus side, anims are better than OFP which was always 'jog' in AWARE.

Suggestions: AWARE LIMITED should be a walk with weapons 'down' most of the time. AWARE NORMAL could be a touch slower. AWARE FULL is OK.

COMBAT:

Issues: no noticeable difference between SpeedModes. Leader moves too far ahead and tends to remain standing at WPs.

Suggestion: same tactics with distinct SpeedModes: LIMITED at walk, NORMAL at jog, FULL at run. Keep leader back and down when stationary.

STEALTH:

Issues: there are different SpeedModes but leader still gets too far ahead. He does stay down at WPs.

Suggestions: keep leader back.

I have tried not to be too wishful with the above. Personally, though, I think there is scope for a Behaviour for general tactical movement where units move as AWARE but use COMBAT anims when stationary (with different SpeedModes, of course). My gut feeling is that this would be more useful than the AWARE we have where units stand at halts.

The M4 is the main weapon of the US Army nowadays. If you dont like this fact, I suggest writing a long and angry letter to the US DoD... Till then, ArmA should have the US Army troops using M4s as this is what is most realistic.

I didnt realise the M4 was now standard Issue rifle

does it have the effective range needed for an infantry rifle?

I didnt realise the M4 was now standard Issue rifle

does it have the effective range needed for an infantry rifle?

It has whatever range you configure it to have in the gun object's "config.cpp" file.

Combat (especially in Iraq) takes place at a lot closer range than you need a rifle for, and the full-length M16 is unwieldy in vehicles and buildings. You don't need accuracy out to 500 meters when the enemy combatant is across the street.

This brings up an on-topic point. Cosmetic items (and this would include damage values, etc.), that can be fixed through a config change, should NOT be on the suggestion list for this patch.

--Ben

This brings up an on-topic point. Cosmetic items (and this would include damage values, etc.), that can be fixed through a config change, should NOT be on the suggestion list for this patch.

--Ben

I disagree with that. Things like damage values and ballistics were changed in every previous patch. I don't see why they should be ignored for this one. There are several problems that can be fixed through config changes.

Only thing I would suggest from BI to fix is frame rates. All other items can be added by the community ( which they do better anyways)Also I have a friend fresh out if Afghanistan and his statement about US weapons is that the M4 with Acog or reddot is standard issue. no one is using ironsights anymore. Like i said thats from someone who is back from deployment.