Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

Seems I'm the only one who had the patch introduce a fog bug rather than remove one... crap.  confused_o.gif

Nope I have way more fog now then before.

WARNING: DO NOT USE beta UNINSTALLER at any cost!

it erases files from ArmA\Addons directory

A10.pbo + sig

missions.pbo + sig

miscUS.pbo

and who knows what else

not just beta content !!!

I doubt it.

Never say never but I tested with 505 Gold Edition DVD version 1.08 and it didn't erase missions.pbo nor a10.pbo (miscus.pbo is not part of 505 version).

It would be nice to know a bit more.

- Can anyone confirm this issue?

- Is it specific to the US version (and what version)?

- What type of content was exactly present (any previous beta patch installed etc.)?

I own Czech release version updated to 1.08 + 1.08 hotfix for ladder issues

there was no older beta directory

uninstaller correctly removed ArmA\beta directory but when i started game i got errors related to missing a10.pbo etc.

got this problem reported from several players but i hope it's rare

I have Czech version and used the uninstaller, those files were still in the addon folder.

ok then only what i got special is that arma is installed in root of drive F:\ (F:\ArmA\wink_o.gif

and then junctioned to another drive dir H:\ (H:ArmedAssault)(but for applications the path is F:\ArmA)

Thanks for making the 1.09 Beta patch available to everyone who likes to try it! Will spend some time over the holidays and test out the AI improvments...

Merry Christmas!

/KC

Thanks very much chaps for this next beta patch. Merry Christmas to everyone at BIS and BIA!

Above all I'm really glad to see the fog is now fixed on my 8800, great job guys!

Just noticed a new feature (I think). You now slide down steep patches of scree on mountains !

smile_o.gif

All the more reason to start playing ArmA again.

Just gave it a quick test and the performance increase is more than significant. Framerate is not only higher but also smoother. Even 3000+ view distance works great.

To bad I'm going on holiday today for a week, but when I get back this patch deserves some serious testing.

Thank you BIS! inlove.gif

Great patch! Improved framerate, much better recoils (I can finally stand to use the m4 aim), VoN etc

Only thing that bothers is the lethal motorcycle bug is still present, despite its supposedly fixed...

As for tha m136 recoil, it is a recoilless weapon, go figure... biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, more praise to BI studios! yay.gif

THANK BIS!!!

And now good christmas for us and you xmas_o.gif

Merry Christmas BIS. Thank you very much for this patch.

How I can install It on server? Can someone explain me how do it?

Regards

Does anyone have a ati 3870 is the fog bug fixed for that too and what type of frames are you getting?

Thank you BIS guys, at last we get some new toys for Xmas!

First, the much-anticipated anti-cheat simply and quite literally failed to be delivered, won't work as files missing and no word on their availability for admins to use the new measures??

And secondly now it is obvious that the very much-hyped reworked VoN is no more reliable than it was before. It did work for a short while, on dedi server with tons of bandwidth to spare, then it packed up and died exactly the same as the old version of VoN.

New joiners to the game could transmit and be heard (though not clearly) but because the exisiting players' capability to transmit had degraded (client by client in turn it seems) then had ceased completely (including the transissions TO new joiners) the comms were totally unuseable. Some could not hear the comms but some could, those that could not hear it typed that they did not see the 'name' either, while others could still hear the voice and see the name. Is this yet another JIP issue?  It seemed to get worse as folks joined/left.

edit: update - now I've also had a chance to test this with teamspeak - no go - Asus P5WDH mobo onboard sound, hardare ON/OFF, EAX ON/OFF, teamspeak DX or Wave, makes no difference - the VoN doesn't work at all with teamspeak on this box - teamspeak works but VoN doesn't transmit sound when teamspeak is active :((

edit of edit (again): Just tested this with 2 players only on dedi, no discon/reconnects, no teamspeak just VoN, and server set (I believe) to 7 on von quality instead of 10 as per advice - after some 20 minutes play one guy lost ability to transmit to me, could see his name come up but no sound - he could, however, hear and see my name.

I said 'i believe' at 7 as unsure if the main arma.cfg also should be updated with the quality setting?

I am glad and thankful that we can now at least turn around while holding an AT, but try selecting AT, then stand up - you stand then with no weapon selected - WTF?  But if you start to walk, then this is fine and the weapon stays shouldered... would it be so hard to allow shooting of these AT from a standing position, allowing to leave the weapon selected?

Trees - what has happened to the beautiful trees?

Had some gorgeous looking foliage, but now in 1.09 the LODs or the detail of the trees are all messed, looking candy-floss blobs again until you zoom in.  Have also noticed that textures seem to load very late now sometimes.  Performance is indeed better - but what a price to pay.

For those who DO have enough graphics and processor to enjoy the previous version detail - is there a way to stop this new economy mode? Can we get those beautiful trees back? And ground?  Is there a way to let us get the old detail back?

edit:@Dwarden - difficult to provide screenies as its a matter of both the distance at, AND when, the trees resolve to clarity. If I zoom in with a sight, then the trees become clear, then zoom out again, then the trees will stay clear after the zoom is removed. Used to be clear all the time until now. Rem am using the -2 on the LOD Bias in drivers, 7.9 equiv. Omega drivers on crossfire 2x1950Pro.  Just want the thing to be as clear as it was. Is this related to the 'experimental depth only pass' thing? Or has the detail setting changed in the way it effects trees? Have to use low texture detail, but the other settings did compensate - if I change to normal or high textures now then the trees look good again, but then the stutters return because all the other textures are so huge :(

and therefore fps plummets.

((yet another edit)): Looking closely at the trees I DO prefer the new shaders now that the underside of leaves (in shadow) are actually black/dark now, in 1.08 they were 'semi-transparent, like "bitty" ' - this new shadowing does look MUCH better when close to the trees or zoomed in. The gripe I have is that the detail does not show at distance and is lost again much closer, and doesn't load quickly enough for the trees and foliage.

Just read that the Motorcycle bug is also still with us??

Have now tested also... seems _harder_ much of the time to die by motorcycle, took for a ride earlier and didnt die once, then took off from Base A on AAS map Everon, heading to centre, and died within 20 metres.

So bike bug not fixed, but there seems some improvement at least.

VOIP should be left to being basic, no one will use it. And if they do their will always be more better VOIP available (TS/Vent).

So why waste resources when you could be fixing my god damn crashes every 20 minutes!

Well I might test this patch but I dont like beta patches for video game software, so I doubt I will download till the full patch arrives next year.

In saying that still good work from BIS. Some nice improvements there and I bet there will be more when the full patch is out.

Merry Christmas BIS TEAM. biggrin_o.gif

Using a Geforce 7800GT here, and it seemed I had the same fog problem as the 8800 users before - but with this beta patch I can finally see the distance I'm supposed to be able to see!

FInally!yay.gif I love you Placebo, I love you BI, and I don't know who else... I love everybody! tounge2.gif

WarWolf can You provide compare screenshots ? hw used? driver buiilds ?

VOIP should be left to being basic, no one will use it.  And if they do their will always be more better VOIP available (TS/Vent).  

So why waste resources when you could be fixing my god damn crashes every 20 minutes!

Is not a waste at all. Ideally, if VOIP or VON works as it should, there is not need for an external program to deliver audio comunications between players, using passwords and stuff; simply, play a MP game and talk, no need to download anything.

Is quite simple, I recon that games like Evolution, or Berzek, that are normally a chaos of players playing solo, will have more team play instead because every single player will be able to comunicate in real time.

VON should be iron out to make it perfect, and I think it should be a main target.

Thanks BIS, have a good Christmas all.

I'd just prefer it if they spent more time on more serious issues except stuff like the VON where it's more of an extra than anything.

Going the way it is with BI they release more stuff figureing "Oh this will keep them from complaining in the mean-time". Wtf? I don't give a shit, hire some people who can squash the game play destroying bugs like crashes and provide some compatibility to Vista users and other's who are on XP who continue to have problems.

When i want to put online the server its says this error:

BattlEye initialization failed