Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma beta patch 1.09 - released

Ok i have a question to all those that have tested it. Is it worth updating servers to 109 or would it be better to stay with 108 till the full 109 patch comes out? Dont wanna update my server to 109 beta if people gonna use 108 more

I'd just prefer it if they spent more time on more serious issues except stuff like the VON where it's more of an extra than anything.

Sigh. Have you actually tried the patch that this thread deals with? icon_rolleyes.gif

They deal with many serious issues. smile_o.gif

Ok i have a question to all those that have tested it. Is it worth updating servers to 109 or would it be better to stay with 108 till the full 109 patch comes out? Dont wanna update my server to 109 beta if people gonna use 108 more

What are you waiting for? 1.09 servers are limited and the game run so smooth on it that I cant wait join to XR under 1.09.

played 2day for some time on an 1.09 server and i can support what warwolf said about VON. It's useless after some time. Tried it on 2 different servers. same thing. ppl connecting and disconnecting screws this up for good.

Yes it is. It enhances the game in several aspects. In fact the "Arma is getting better with each patch" still holds.

It got a lot better.

Ok I've fixed all.. now the server is up biggrin_o.gif

In this period we'll try this beta patch.. and we can explain the bugs..

Many thanks xmas_o.gif

EDIT:

The anticheat run well.. it's no problem if someone enter free.. with base.. (oh yes it's simple) if we enter with MODs and inside there are a cheat the anticheat doesn't read the subfolder..

PAPA BEAR: DACS PASS

BIS can resolve this?

This patch saved my marriage. I am running this on a C2D 2.13Ghz with 4GB RAM and Vista 32. I was sure I would need to replace my good old Geforce 7800GTX (256MB RAM) with an expensive new card very soon. As of 1.09 the game is smooth as butter. Money saved and re-invested in family = better Xmas. Thanks BIS xmas_o.gif

VictorFarbau

it says 100 percent frame improvement? what the hell? what was causing the problem anyway a memory leak or what?

it says 100 percent frame improvement? what the hell? what was causing the problem anyway a memory leak or what?

It says, up to 100% frame improvement, depending on used settings and what hardware is in use.

Quote[/b] ]Only thing that bothers is the lethal motorcycle bug is still present, despite its supposedly fixed...

Ditto, died randomly for the first time in a while today. And the handling is still awful, even compared to OFP. Hope the bikes get a revamp in the Final patch.

qgerrormd8.jpg

This is the error I get when trying to run the patch w/ Queen's Gambit. At first, I was getting another error, about another beta addition, but I realized I had Queen's Gambit being loaded in the mod list before the beta. So I switched it and now i get this similar but different (referenced file) error.

I know it says in the readme that it can "only" be opened from the beta shortcut created, but that doesnt load up QG, and all is has different is the added line of "beta" in the added mod/addon listing.

Am I just an idiot? I hope not wink_o.gif Help? I hope this is the right thread? I figured it didnt belong in 1.09 beta feedback...

*edit*

It DOES work in original ArmA for me though, but I'd like to get it running for Queen's Gambit...

This is the error I get when trying to run the patch w/ Queen's Gambit.  At first, I was getting another error, about another beta addition, but I realized I had Queen's Gambit being loaded in the mod list before the beta.  So I switched it and now i get this similar but different (referenced file) error.

I know it says in the readme that it can "only" be opened from the beta shortcut created, but that doesnt load up QG, and all is has different is the added line of "beta" in the added mod/addon listing.

Am I just an idiot?  I hope not wink_o.gif Help?  I hope this is the right thread?  I figured it didnt belong in 1.09 beta feedback...

*edit*

It DOES work in original ArmA for me though, but I'd like to get it running for Queen's Gambit...

My Line:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -mod=DBE1

DBE1 being the QG Mod Folder

Hmmm, thanks, but still no go...

now I get the first message I was getting (before putting QG's call up before beta):

qgerrorra9.jpg

Then it goes black, then back to desktop and says:

qg2bh8.png

:'(

Your shortcut is probably pointing to the old 1.08 exe. It should be ArmA\beta\arma.exe, not ArmA\arma.exe.

Excellent performance increase just about everywhere, and I don't crash anywhere near as much with Anti aliasing on (once in four hours rather then 4minutes.)

However, patch aside, reckon you could fix the extra high tension wires?

arma2007122314444234xc4.jpg

And maybe the land-able rotor(pads).

asdpj6.jpgrofl.gif

Not very critical, just letting you know.

Otherweise great work BIS! thumbs-up.gif

Your shortcut is probably pointing to the old 1.08 exe. It should be ArmA\beta\arma.exe, not ArmA\arma.exe.

Heh, a very helpful first post if I may say so myself. :doh:

smile_o.gif

Thanks, aside from that, this patch has done wonders. smile_o.gif

Yes patch has increased performance but the gamplay still sucks some.

Still has nothing on ofp movement arma characters movment is still sluggish and retarded.

Will there be an update on the character movement or is this the way it will be staying?

so hoe do i properly install this patch to work with QG? most game patches are automatic but with this one it appears other folder come with the patch. where do they go?

Just drag it all out of the rar, Use the setup I think its called then go to your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA and find Launch Arma Beta Patch create a shortcut to your desktop and click it. BINGO!

Just drag it all out of the rar,

Shouldn't even need to do that bit, just open the patch archive and double click the install exe from there, that's what worked for me smile_o.gif

yeah but after unzipping the file there are 2 other folders apart from the patch exe. i read on this site that u have to manually move a couple of files into the addons folder to get the QG updates to work

We are interested to get your feedback primarily related to

* Weapons / combat AI / difficulty balance

There is a game balance issue with US and Russian assault rifles and carbines that is rather serious, IMHO.

The patch improves the M16 and M4. To put it simply, they are very accurate, have a small recoil and do good damage even at long ranges.

However, the patch makes the AKs worse than before. Their recoil seems the same as before (although it has been tweaked and now affects the weapon as it should, moving the barrel up, not down). The problem is that they do less damage.

The difference can be easily observed in any target practice map (e.g. http://www.kyllikki.fi/missions/co 12 ampumataitotesti.sara.pbo made by Patteri: press 0-0-1 to rise the targets and 0-0-3 to lower them.) In 1.08 the AK74 is almost equal to M16, but in 1.09 beta the situation is very different.

In other words, as of 1.09 beta, the Russian rifle calibre weapons are of no match the US rifle calibre weapons. In the beta, even the carbine M4 is much more effective than the assault rifle AK74 at ranges of roughly 150 metres and more.

Even if "realism" is not discussed, improving one weapon class considerably for one side and making it worse for the other side may substantially affect game balance that seemed rather good until now.

Other than this, the patch seems very good with some excellent new features.

In other words, as of 1.09 beta, the Russian rifle calibre weapons are of no match the US rifle calibre weapons. Even the carbine M4 is much more effective than the assault rifle AK74 at ranges of roughly 150 metres and more.

I hope you are not saying that the M4 is more effective than an AK74 in real life. The M4's barrel is short, thus muzzle velocity is lost, making it weak and inaccurate at range. You would not want that in a close up enviroment mate.