Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 video

Hello mrcash2009

1 - recommended for the good configurations, but this feature can be disabled in the configuration of the XAM.

2 - I did not test with DMSmoke. ArmAEffect is integrated in the XAM with the XAM Effects.

3 - Vegetation Fix & LowPlants will work fine smile_o.gif

4 - XAM will be compatible with the great majority of the others addons.

smile_o.gif

Thanks mate, thats all I needed to know .. in that case, give me the download !!!! tounge2.gif

For those of us with limited bandwith, should we skip on downloading XAM 1.35 and wait for 1.4?

Will it really be released by Christmas? Just 12 days to go...

Man, the Mod and effects look AMAZING!

French forces were neat, I liked their uniform and their equipment... to bad they NEVER USE IT!

JK <3 the french.

Good work!

cant wait!

You guys are making ArmA everything it wished it could have been at release. So friggin amazing. I love the distant gunfire, new map and so much more. And an EOTech. I was just thinking how sick itd be to have one in the game. I'm a proud owner of one for my A5 (paintball). Can not wait.

Do fairytales come true?

I must say "yes" when i saw this damn good video :)

Great muffled weapon-sounds in the background somewhere at the last third of the vid.

Is this random-stuff to make the vid cooler or are these distance-sounds of specific weapons shot in the game?

eagerly awaiting when you guys add some nice planes to your mod. Rafael?(I love that bloody plane-there was a really nice vid made for ofp back in its days with some techno? music, does any1 know where could i find it again?) or the Mirage? maybe for XAM 1.5 whistle.gifinlove.gif

Man, the Mod and effects look AMAZING!

French forces were neat, I liked their uniform and their equipment... to bad they NEVER USE IT!

JK <3 the french.

Good work!

cant wait!

I'm not French, but it seems to be problem all over the internet that the French are made fun off since they decided not to join the war in Iraq.

In fact the French are heavily involved in operations in Africa and are in more combat situations than many people will ever know. They are also involved in the war in Afghanistan and have already suffered quite some casualties among their special operations units.

Even though you said it's a joke I hope you will not joke about it again as the French military is one of the best military forces of Europe and certainly one that is actively involved all over the world. I have a lot of respect for the French military and it's about time that others will also (especially americans)

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just felt this needed to be said.

I was to only work on this version safe for camouflage MARPAT and MULTICAM. Be sure that I take into account all your waitings and that I carry a great interest to the English public of the XAM smile_o.gif

.. but it seems to be problem all over the internet that the French are made fun off since they decided not to join the war in Iraq.

By "all over the internet" I'm sure most of us know which particular nation you mean. Ignore them, they're only denigrating the French because they have enough power to "disagree" and actually act on it.

Cool video, I like the concussion effects on players, hope it effects AI similar.

Clouds would be very cool if the frame rate stay alive.

i like some of the new features youve added and uve got my intrest now snake so i hope you will live up to the expectations uve presented smile_o.gif

good work so far

if i may add some comment to videos quality ...

modders, fans w/e people use for videos also HDHQ Stage6 http://stage6.divx.com

it's free, it's fast and YT is joke compared in quality of audio &video smile_o.gif

i'm really getting depression while watching pixelated lowres flash videos on large display smile_o.gif

I'm wondering.

If the people who already have 1.3.

Will you make an incremental version for 1.4? Due to its last file size of being so big.

Or is it going to be one big seperate version to 1.3?

confused_o.gif

Keep up the awesome work.

The actual size of the complete version 1.4 is 580Mb (optimisation inside)

Dont worry about this wink_o.gif

Normally I would not make any requests to an addon/mod/etc unless the creator would appreciate ideas for the next version ro something. However, this is one time I think I'll step up and at least ask something.

First, I simply love XAM, ever since the first version came out and I am waiting on 1.4 to come with great excitement just from video sample alone.

I am going to ask about the M249. Would it be possible to look into (possibly for any future update of XAM) having a scoped version of the M249 with maybe a EOTech? Just thought I'd ask, though I am happy with everything XAM provides us with. smile_o.gif

Just one question snake:

IS XAM 1.4 compatible with Solus' extended event and fired handlers?

Or in other words: Does it work with other very important mods like: ArmAEffects, DMSmokeEffects, VFAI, Suppression and so on....

Im hearing a few Cod4 sounds, and the menu music, Im not sure if thats illegal, but you should check just to be sure (russian voices are from CoD4 im preatty sure)

Also. I personally think the backround sounds of explosions and weapons is annoying, I want to hear whats REALLY happening, not some stupid audio clip playing in the backround.

other than those 2 things, this mod is looking great so far.

Im hearing a few Cod4 sounds, and the menu music, Im not sure if thats illegal, but you should check just to be sure (russian voices are from CoD4 im preatty sure)

Just keep quiet man ok?

PS. Another law-loving guy, Jesus!!

Lol, Well, I wouldnt want to see any legal action taken against this mod, Not like Im going to go to Infinity Ward and tell them or anything, Just saying it would be good to check up on this stuff.

Sorry snake for another techy question .. I notice in the DMHide mod thread that its not working with Xam versions so far.

I realize you mentioned many mods more compatible but will DM's Hide work with 1.4? Has it been tested? I just known that some real sweet AI changing mods that are new had a few issues so im paranoid, guess I want my cake and eat it, but if this puppy plus the others you replied to that already will work in my previous post , then this will be the ultimate combo.

exactly like your brain...

too bad... nener.gif

drakkar_1.jpg

1983, october the 23th, Beyruth city, 5 minutes after a VBIED blowed up a US marines barracks and killed 241 soldiers, a second VBIED attacks drakkar outpost, killing 58 paras.

want to know more ?

go here

Correia.JPG

<a href="http://www.rcp1.terre.defense.gouv.fr/index.php?centre=communiques/actualites.php&id_actu=29" target="_blank">

KIA in Afghanistan</a>

DSC_0189pt.jpg<a href="http://www.bca13.terre.defense.gouv.fr/" target="_blank">

KIA in Afghanistan</a>

we have some dust on our guts too...

wink_o.gif

those considerations apart , i think they should be Proud if they'd never use it , too bad they have to

Could you post a screenshot of the french soldier in desert-camouflage? I'd love to take a better look at it. I totaly love the french desert camouflage.

if i may add some comment to videos quality ...

modders, fans w/e people use for videos also HDHQ Stage6 http://stage6.divx.com

it's free, it's fast and YT is joke compared in quality of audio &video smile_o.gif

i'm really getting depression while watching pixelated lowres flash videos on large display smile_o.gif

And don't forget, Stage6 doesn't take .wmv...

Get Dr. DivX like available on their site...I've got it and I'll be using Stage6 from now on for my vidz as well. Well, I'll maintain the YouTube stuff, and provide more like previews etc. and use links to Stage6.

Great vid btw wink_o.gif