Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

BushWars Mod

Turns out that variable RPMs are a moot point since ArmA doesn't allow for it apparently, so a lower RoF is something to consider for an Infantry-use "Gimpy" rather than the helicopter or vehicle mounted FN-MAG/58s.

yea, I will lower the RoF for the infantry version, the helicopter version has 2 bursts per round that is why it is so high. I will lower that to 1. That will be acceptable. I did that for the helis because its a bit high and effective when used by AI but for a human player (gunner) its quite difficult to hit anything with a low RoF.

Ah, makes sense to me now. I hadn't considered the difference between AI and Human gunnery, I don't generally try to man the ordnance on the helicopter I'm climbing aboard to get the Hell out of dodge with.

This looks really good!!

I think this chopper would suit RACS quite good, can you make one version with RACS symbols/roundels?

Yea I could make a stand alone RACS PUMA for you if you want, just send me the colour scheme and roundels you want and  I will put one together for you. Which will be completely apart from our mod ones.

Thank you! But no stress, do it only if you feel for it. If you do it just take the RACS AH6 as inspiration, there are some ideas in this thread also.

Sorry if I missed it, but was your team working on some variants of the Gazelle with your helo pack? Or was that from another time period?...and war.

Maybe I got my wires crossed with a pack in OFP that had a puma.

Wishfull thinking on my part smile_o.gif

This looks really good!!

I think this chopper would suit RACS quite good, can you make one version with RACS symbols/roundels?

Yea I could make a stand alone RACS PUMA for you if you want, just send me the colour scheme and roundels you want and I will put one together for you. Which will be completely apart from our mod ones.

Excellent. I'm looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the SAAF versions too.

Any chance of doing the same with the Alouettes?

bar02pm7.jpg

short info:

Our website is unavailable due to the Armed-Assault.de/net Servers being down. We are waiting for the admins to fix the problem and put their servers back online.

That could take some time maybe until the weekend.

We are hoping to have our website back online by Sunday the 2nd December.

Maybe we have a little surprise for you then.

still holding my breath awaiting that surprise......

Do you have any plans to move your page? If so can we get a link?

banghead.gif whats going to ahppen with you fellas? BWM is what kept me going hoping something would save Arma.......

Hope we hear some news from you soon

@BWC team:

I really like your website! Very clear and informative. It shows that you are well organized. Especially I like the team lineup section which shows who's on board and who is doing what.

Didn't even know Relikki is also on board. I'm very glad about this! And of course Ebud: I will never forget your work for BAS or Tonal redux and your SF for ArmA (I'm still using them as a replacement.)

So I think BWC will be one of the milestones of ArmA modding.

I put you at least at the same level as:

- FDF

- CWR

- G85

- BWMOD

And I praise your information politics. Instead of keeping everything queit and undisclosed, you are informing the community about your progress and so the interest can grow and other skilled people (i.e. Berghoff) can help with completing this piece of art.

Really looking forward for your next releases. In particular I'm eager to see the island!

can sombody please post a link to thier new site? i do a search and still get the old one

Then you can't search biggrin_o.gif

Obmar signature has a working link to the new site.

First time I noticed you ou's were endorsed by the 32Bn VA! Looking forward to rebuilding some of their operations in the mission editor.

im still waiting that release from the beginning of december you promised.....

Maybe offer them your skills to be able to enjoy their work at dates they "promise you" to release something?

Just a thought.........

Maybe offer them your skills to be able to enjoy their work at dates they "promise you" to release something?

Just a thought.........

If i had any i would thats why i wait for thier next release...... and i was just curious hoping they were still planning a release or were going to hold thier stuff for Arma 2

Finally after quite a long delay due to the problems with our previous hosts and the changeover to armedassault.info Obmar has been able to start releasing some of our Add-ons to showcase our work. We will have a beta version of our Mini-Map teaser Island "Cuito Cuanavale" early in February as Ebud still has quite a lot of work to do. In the meantime Obmar will be releasing quite a few add-ons which will form part of our Mini-Mod release in May. The next release will be the completely remade Alouette III add-on after that Obmar will be releasing some soldier units and our weapons pack. We will be uploading beta missions made by PETROVIC STUDIOS to test the add-ons within the next 2 weeks. Obmar has  a bit of free time coming up so will be catching up on a lot of add-on making.

After quite a lot of testing and numerous texture edits we are releasing the first batch of add-ons. First up is the South African Airforce Aerospatiale Puma SA330 version.

newpuma330lvf6.jpg

The Puma 330C in the CASEVAC configuration with the "Box" airfilters used in South West Africa (Namibia) border region. The Puma (CASEVAC) has 1 x pilot, 1 x copilot, 2 x stretchers for wounded and 8 places for troops (4 sitting shotgun in doorways)

newpuma330c253880ly1.jpg

The Puma 330L in the FIREFORCE configuration with FNMAG 7,62mm machine gun for suppressive fire support. The Puma (FNMAG) has 1 x pilot, 1 x copilot, 1 x gunner, 10 x places for troops.

Obmar has completely remade the South African Helicopter pilots and added some custom animations. The pilots include the Elno 316 helmet and the Pat.82 type survival jacket with under arm pistol holster. A big thank you goes to UNN who scripted and tested all the animations, script work in SP and MP games. Pilots can holster and unholster pistol as well as raise and lower visor.

newhpilotsie0.jpg

This is the new version of our Star 9mm pistol. Obamr has fixed some texture and Normal map problems as well as removed the tracer effects. Includes a slide and magazine animation.

newstarng1.jpg

Obamr has also extensively reworked the Alouette II add-on as well as fixed the shadow problems. Rotor blur effects are now visible via proxies this solved the shadow problems. Added 2 new shadow lods so that proper shadows are cast. Fixed problem with instrument panel, now all instruments are animated and working.

newalouii2ca3bcks4.jpg

The Bush War Mod Team wants to make an appeal to all our readers on behalf of BlueDingo who is looking for voice actors that can speak Portuguese, Afrikaans and Spanish. Please visit our forum for more details regarding a Voice project for the mod

We are sorry for the delays in releasing our add-ons earlier but most of the delays where not our fault and beyond our control. Hopefully this year things will move along much faster while we prepare for the main Mod Release in ArmAII

To download the above add-ons please go to our Bush War Mod Downloads

I wanted to post this exactly by the time, too smile_o.gif

Great work here, love the Pumas!

I only wonder why the Eryx Version isn´t included in this release?

Awesome work! smile_o.gif

Thanks guys i was worried we lost you to Arma 2......

Great job guys...another addition to the community. Keep it up. I'll be cheering you guys now...

One question, can I ask (from pics) I'm seeing that the Puma has only one gunner? Why? Just curious.

Two beats one anyday.

regards, greg    pistols.gifnotworthy.gif

excellent work.

great heli's released. any plans for the R4 assault rifle?