Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

BushWars Mod

i just tested your new add-ons, and as expected, they are nothing short of awesome!  thumbs-up.gif along with CWR and Johnny's Marines, Bush War Mod is in my personal top 3 of custom content for ArmA.

i love how you have actually managed to remove the pistol from its holster when it is drawn. however, the animation is still the old one (upon exiting the chopper, the pilot always executes the "shoulder-the-Assault-Rifle"-animation, and upon drawing the pistol, he still uses the "draw-from-the-hip"-animation). do you know what i mean? are those known issues or is it a mistake on my part?

Edit: 2 more things;

- when starting ArmA with your mods installed, i get an error message saying that the Alouette II mods needs the BWC pilot add-on. the game then starts anyway and both the Alouette II and the pilot unit work.

- when trying to play the "The Burden" mission from the original Alouette II release, it won't start because the old BWC pilot is missing (i have deleted it now that the new version is out).

This is a beautiful looking chopper - are there any South African troops around? Even just ArmA repaints?

Just a question I had wink_o.gif

It's a great chopper wink_o.gif

Stew

The Puma is godlike notworthy.gif Thanks a lot!

puma_cr.jpg

Found two bugs though:

The red position light blinks, while the green one doesn't

The instrument panel is very slightly transparent.

Now we just need some South African infantry to load in these beauties!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

good work. Nice models and well configured too.

a little bug report from russian forum

1. gear is retractable on ground and heli stays in the air )) i suggest lock action when height is small or animate landcontact points too.

2. glass are damaged when shot but not penetratable (pumas)

3. armed heli do engage infantry quite ineffectively. I suggest you can configure weapons to fire long dispersed burst and raise heli sensetivity (irScanToEyeFactor)

4. it can not be locked with missile launchers

5. in Alouette cockpit groun is seen via transparent instrumentation

+i don't why you still define anims via cpp not model.cfg file.

There's a long list at your site...

http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/bushwars/projects.html

I don't usually like aerly wips but what those progress numbers mean ? wink_o.gif Do you have anything else modelled and textures (for the first lod at least) ?

As about transparent panels - i can bet it's due to incorrect alpha sorting (though i can't be sure without mlod model). Select the panel - and try ctrl+sift+pgdn

1. gear is retractable on ground and heli stays in the air

Additional to this, once the engine is turned on it falls to the ground.

Also would it be possible to up the amount of damage required for the Alouette damage textures to be shown? Because I shot one round from the Star pistol and it swiss cheesed the windshield like it was firing 9mm fragmentation grenades.

The first page of this thread also lists the Alouette III for download in 4 versions.

<span style='color:DarkSlateGray'>Alouette III beta</span>

_15MB

_v.1.5

_4 Versions : C-Kar, G-Kar, SOM, Search&Resure

<span style='color:darkred'>_required Pilot + Star Pistol</span>

_download: Alouette III

Yet ArmAholic lists this as an addition to the next version. Just thought you were jumping the gun a bit with a clickable yet non-functional download link. smile_o.gif

Other than that, kickass release fellas. I've been looking forward to the Bush Wars Mod since it's announcement in OFP.

The first page of this thread also lists the Alouette III for download in 4 versions.
<span style='color:DarkSlateGray'>Alouette III beta</span>

_15MB

_v.1.5

_4 Versions : C-Kar, G-Kar, SOM, Search&Resure

<span style='color:darkred'>_required Pilot + Star Pistol</span>

_download: Alouette III  

Yet ArmAholic lists this as an addition to the next version. Just thought you were jumping the gun a bit with a clickable yet non-functional download link. smile_o.gif

Other than that, kickass release fellas. I've been looking forward to the Bush Wars Mod since it's announcement in OFP.

the Alouette III was released some time ago along with an earlier version of the Alouette II.

frankly, i don't know why they would have removed it. i think it's one of the best custom models for ArmA to date, and right up there with the Puma.

Hey guys

It's my first post here at the BI forums, so please bare with me... I'm a member of the Bush War Team and I'll try to answer some of your questions regarding the releases.

@ Blue_Flight > We didn't include the Oryx version in this release because we're still working on perfecting the wench script for it.

@ wld427 > We are planning the main mod release for ArmA II, but the mini-mod teaser w/ island for basic ArmA.

@ gregorygreghalstead > The reason the Puma has only 1 FNMAG machinegun is because that's how the South African Air Force converted them. We are trying to stay true to history and the whole South African Border War conflict as a whole.

@ twisted > R-4 assault rifle and all other relevant weapons will be released with our weapons pack and RSA soldiers.

@ Fred DM > We used all the existing ArmA animations with our pilots because it's waaay too much work to try and create new ones. We have a lot more addons to release so we can't linger on any one for too long, and nothing will ever be "perfect" although we try to get as close to perfection as possible.

The Allou II mission shouldn't have any issues as we renamed the new releases exactly the same as the old. None of us at BWC had this issue so maybe try a re-install of the addons and see if the error message goes away?

@ Stewy > South African troops to be released in the future wink_o.gif

@ SmallBlackSheep > Nice screenshot Mate! thumbs-up.gif I hope you don't mind if I post it in the Bush War Mod's forum.  wink_o.gif ...About the nav lights: It's impossible for the red nav light to blink while the green doesn't, because the way it's designed both the red and green nav lights stay lit, while the white strobe lights on the back of the chopper are the ones flashing. (One below and one on the tail)

Concerning the transparrency of the instrument panel...If we find it to be severe we'll fix it and release with the mini-mod.

@ bdfy > We'll take your suggestions into consideration.

@ Pillage > We knew about the landing gear issue before the release and we're thinking about maybe locking it on the ground or just making the function automatic alltogether. That will be adressed before the mini-mod release too.

Concerning the Allouette III's, the betas were released before, and are currently being completely re-worked to fix the dynamic shadows and upgrade the addons alltogether. The reason we didn't fix the download links is because of our host change and knowing we were going to release reworked addons, we didn't deem it worthwhile.

Allouette III's should be up and running in about two weeks time according to Obmar. So a good thing will get even better wink_o.gif

Thank you all for your great comments and constructive criticism!  We appreciate your feedback and I hope I was able to answer some burning questions.

Please feel welcome to come visit our website and forum at:  http://www.armedassault.info/_hosted/bushwars/index.html , as we discuss most of the issues we deal with as well as future releases over there more actively.

Kind regards

Falcon 1

Hi all, hi Bush Wars team,

great work smile_o.gif It's been fun playing with your choppers.

But one thing I might add. I'm always having an error message after starting the arma.exe and having your addons + ext. event handlers in a mod folder.

bushwarscv2.th.jpg

I'm using ArmA 1.09 Beta with this mod. Of course I've checked the helipilot addon and it's definately in the the mod folder.

Hi all, hi Bush Wars team,

great work smile_o.gif It's been fun playing with your choppers.

But one thing I might add. I'm always having an error message after starting the arma.exe and having your addons + ext. event handlers in a mod folder.

bushwarscv2.th.jpg

I'm using ArmA 1.09 Beta with this mod. Of course I've checked the helipilot addon and it's definately in the the mod folder.

alot of mods are having issues witht he EH stuff

Well, I'm having the same trouble with the Bush Wars puma as well wink_o.gif Is there any way to solve this problem? That's the only bugging thing which holds me back in creating missions with those choppers.

it's config mistake. i'm sure they'll solve it later.

You can edit puma config or just make small pbo with cfgPatches entry needed

that is weird, as I included the latest Extended Event Hanler by Solus with the pilot add on. It runs on wy PC without a problem. I however have not installed the 1.09 beta update as I am waiting for the final version. I will look into this problem as I was not aware of it. Will post update.

Quote[/b] ]that is weird, as I included the latest Extended Event Hanler by Solus with the pilot add on

That error has nothing to do with EH stuff wink_o.gif

I think that people are using older versions of our helicopters, I have changed and updated the pilot model. That problem referes to a retextured ArmA model we first used.

I think that people are using older versions of our helicopters, I have changed and updated the pilot model. That problem referes to a retextured ArmA model we first used.

The new helicopters (Alouette II and III and the Puma) still have the requirement for the old outdated pilot models written into the config. I still had the old pilot file BWC_Helipilot.pbo installed until quite recently and didn't get the error, but since removing it the error appears.

If you look at CfgPatches, you can see that the old pilot is still defined as a required addon, as opposed to the new one:

Quote[/b] ]class CfgPatches {

class bwc_puma330 {

units[] = {"bwc_puma330_c", "bwc_puma330_l"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1;

requiredAddons[] = {"bwc_star", "bwc_helipilot"};

version = 1;

};

Change it to the new pilot addon 'BWC_Pilots' and the error goes away.

This is just my opinion, but personally guys, I think its really a waste that you guys hold back your major releases for ArmA2 when nobody knows what the exact release date will be or whether most players will even upgrade to ArmA2.

I think you are best off releasing stuff for ArmA so that bug reports can get back to you rather then waiting on ArmA2 (which may be a very long wait).

I'm personally extremely disappointed that your team never released the awesome vehicles that you all made for OFP. At the very least it would be good if you all released the old OFP betas (for OFP). In my opinion that was one of the hugest wastes as they fit in perfectly with the BAS Tonal mod.

I was priveledged enough to beta test for you guys which is why I know how good they were (aside from the skinny armed infantrymen which I understand were updated).

Most of the vehicles (including the Ratel and Buffel) were working just fine with no major bugs.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

SADF1.jpg

I'm not sure if you guys have converted the Ratel and Buffel into ArmA, but even a small pack with those two vehicles and a basic infantry pack would yield alot of good feedback.

Also if you still have all the old OFP stuff (that I know was developed further after the version I beta-tested), I highly recommend that you release those for OFP. It's just a waste not to and there are still plenty of hardcore OFP fans.

Anyways....thats just my humble opinion and I respect whatever your team ends up deciding upon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The new helicopters (Alouette II and III and the Puma) still have the requirement for the old outdated pilot models written into the config. I still had the old pilot file BWC_Helipilot.pbo installed until quite recently and didn't get the error, but since removing it the error appears.

If you look at CfgPatches, you can see that the old pilot is still defined as a required addon, as opposed to the new one:

Quote[/b] ]class CfgPatches {

class bwc_puma330 {

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1;

requiredAddons[] = {"bwc_star", "bwc_helipilot"};

version = 1;

};

Change it to the new pilot addon 'BWC_Pilots' and the error goes away.

well i changed the bwc_helipilot to bwc_pilots  and voila not working  i get an error about a       "" encountered instead of =        something like that on lin 883 ?  with the alouIII

and the same problem with the puma but on line 750

both have to deal with a door_r

so that doesn't seem to work

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgPatches {

class bwc_puma330 {

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1;

requiredAddons[] = {"bwc_star", bwc_helipilot"};

version = 1;

};

<span style='color:red'>};</span>

maybe you forgot to add this ?

so when i only change the name of a addon dependency i have to place an extra bracket ?

i didn't change anything else but the name of bwc_helipilots to bwc pilots

ill try it

no, you don't have to add another bracket for each addon required.

i just pointed out that in your quote, a bracket was missing, the one which closes the "class cfgpatches".

sorry if i wasn't clear

the quote was posted earlier i just copied it to make clear to what i was responding tounge2.gif

i checked and the bracket is even there so now i am out of ideas

so anybody can help me on the problem described before then please