Sign in to follow this  
hotshotmike1001

my Arma gun pack

AK's with acog, SLA soldiers must have worked hard, to attach ACOG to their AK's tounge2.gif

well they attach pretty much everything with ducktape rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

It was a great effort. But in my humble opinion just to unrealistic. AK-47 with ACOG I only saw in softair. M107... The M249 its good and the G36 aswell as the M4 but if you put a rail on G36 like in G36C to put an Aimpoint that would be great.

Best regards for you mate.

Focha

Ive seen acog scopes on saws and m240s but never on AK...

The silenced m4 with acog is the best imo

I second the idea of making a m4m203 with red dot... Some goes for the M16 range... How about a frontgrip aswell...

Good work to say the least, im going to download it as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Well, I think it would be crazy to have a ACOG scope on your machine guns. The m249 and m240 are not used to provide any type of precision fire, but only to suppress the enemy. The ACOG is for asault rifles and it gives them a medium to long (about 800 meters) range capability for precision fire.

The only scopes that we have used on our m249 or m240 were aiming sights without magnification or thermal/night scopes. The ACOG would actually lower the ability of your machine gun because your field of view is limited when your job is to lay down alot of lead on enemy personnel, not precision fire.

I totally agree... the best one for a machine gun is the reflex or the eOtech... like on our swiss army Minimi biggrin_o.gif

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6200/lmg051gs2.jpg

<span style='color:red'>Hotlinked image over 100kb removed</span>

All the guns can be found in the ammo box under AMMO bigmikes AMMO box!

Ill fix the SAWs up some i am using stock models so thats why the barrel is so long lol

All the pictures i been posting are part of the update the first post is the list of weapons allready in the pack

imho this addon is more (pre)beta than final huh.gif

Please do more research about weapons and how the sights are working. Take your time for this gun-pack wink_o.gif

Arma definitly needs accsesory/upgrade system, every weapon with different scope or grenade launcher is total mess.

I understand that you are just cut and pasting with BIS models. This is a good idea but there are some things you can change.

1. you can try taking the top sight (red dot scope that doesnt work anyway) off the G36 and add a picatinny rail instead to make it like a G36e. Then you can add acog on top of that.

2. Maybe try taking SPR scope and putting on a M16A4

3. Add PSO to AK's instead of acog

Can't think of anything else at the moment but good work and keep it up

Thanks for the addons.

It's always nice to see a new moder here, who's not to shy to actually release his work. I particulary like that you haven't done the 512th M4 pack, but did some more novel things.

Don't take the critizism to much to your heart. While most of it is well grounded, it's still constructive. Get yourself some good beta testers. I think some people in this thread almost volunteered for this job. (hint hint hint....)

Hope to see all the quirks ironed out for version 3 or 4!

ps.: Sniper rifles with iron sights can be quite nice for missions. Optical sights can break, if the gun has backup sights it still can be used.

Isone, you may want to reduce that file size of the image you posted! Or just link it to another page. You'll get castrated by a moderator if they see that!

some of those rifles made me laugh :P sorry..

how is the 2nd mag attached to the other?

with super glue?? gum?huh.gif

same goes for the acog on the ak..

there isnt even ductape :/

hope you can make that more belivable.

cant say that this is awesome as its just kitbashing it seems.

dont get me wrong mate but there definately is a must for some improvements

And why does the MP5 have g36 mags.

Does the MP5 even have the range for a ACOG on it wow_o.gif

That, and the whole "ACOG and Aimpoint mouted on a G36's charging handle/bolt thing" made me lol.

Very nice change from the norm .

You obviously got some skills there , especially as o2 hasent been out that long .

keep up the good work .

Barrett and M24 with an ACOG is kinda pointless, ACOG is designed for regular rifles up to about 300-400m, not for precision weapons that are meant to be used at 600m+. The way the aimpoint is just on top of the AK's receiver - you should have left the M4s mount on it, it looks more realistic. I'd concentrate on more realistic variants - like the different M16/M4 combinations.

Hopefully he makes the gun pack better and ask some "experts" for help.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

(Time to open the gunsafe)

This is how optics are mounted on an AK74, or an AKM:

(<span style='color:red'>LINKED below</span> are pictures of two of my SARs, one with a Soviet "cobra" sight mounted, and one showing the standard Com-Blok side mounting rail).

Optics such as this, or an AimPoint are not mounted directly to the top cover as you have them in your models.

The top cover is not a stable mounting platform, and optics mounted there would not remain zeroed.

Mounts like this are available for AimPoints and other "western" optics...However; they would not be authentic "Warsaw Pact" issue, but rather an American civilian aftermarket item.

Also, the cobra sight I have is an older one (1980s-1990s vintage). There are more modern Russian red dot sights now, but they mount in the same fashion.

LEFT SIDE: (note the mounting rail on the bottom rifle)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/madmedic/cobra1.jpg

REAR:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/madmedic/cobra2.jpg

RIGHT SIDE: (note how the sight sits above the top cover, not touching it)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/madmedic/cobra3.jpg

AK_74SU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you haveto put the correct aim thingyonit as i know forafact it soes not use acogs. And can yougive avarietie of added stuff to it likesilencer,two diffrent scopes one iron sight, and a gernade launcher...Can you upload some of these to REMOVE the defualt weapons??

" especially as o2 hasent been out that long ."

They released it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think it would be crazy to have a ACOG scope on your machine guns. The m249 and m240 are not used to provide any type of precision fire, but only to suppress the enemy. The ACOG is for asault rifles and it gives them a medium to long (about 800 meters) range capability for precision fire.

This might not be an ACOG, but it's very similar. (Elcan is a 3.4x28 powered sight, the ACOG is a 4x32)

26aw.jpg

25bth.jpg

It's not that crazy to have those kind of weapon sights on a LMG/MMG.

The stock of M249 is wrong or bad modelled...

...and it must have short barrel...

like this? tounge2.gif

m249paraof1.jpg

Slight modification of the Swiss Army Minimi

This might not be an ACOG, but it's very similar. (Elcan is a 3.4x28 powered sight, the ACOG is a 4x32)

http://www.forcerecon.com/images/strong/26aw.jpg

http://www.forcerecon.com/images/strong/25bth.jpg

It's not that crazy to have those kind of weapon sights on a LMG/MMG.

Dude, I already said that we use the m145 and it is not like the ACOG, not even close. We use the M145c on our 240's and 249's, and the magnification on those sights are not like the ACOG, big difference.

the Robinson Arms sights appear to be screwed up... they look very wierd... see this picture http://s24.photobucket.com/albums....AIM.jpg

also... the guns that have select fire (semi, burst, auto, etc) dont respond to the F key anymore, trying to shoot single shots is very hard when the full automatic fire is working with semi automatic fire