Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

about free movement in vehicles...

Quote[/b] ]We are definitely unable to implement this for ArmA because of the number of changes involved make the implementation too risky. We are considering it (or at least a limited subset of such functionality, allowing you not to move, but to use weapons) for ArmA 2.

http://bugs.armed-assault.net/view.php?id=2199

at last in 2008.

anyway this could be done in VBS1 (not released though)

Not necessarily. VBS1 showed a soldier on a locked position, there was no movement in the videos. And on top of that according to many VBS1 owners, it was never released.

You can move around freely in vbs1

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/downloads.htm

Its in the convoy enhancement section, damn cool if you ask me wink_o.gif

No you cant move around freely in VBS1..........not the public version at least......

If the military ever gotten it I dont know for sure, I can remember a discussion about it and it might have been cancelled after all (in vbs1).

But..............

I dont think we should discuss VBS1 here any way.

Quote[/b] ]our AI does a lot of things which are smart, but very hard to notice

BI read my posts! tounge2.gif

Anyway, it sounds promosing and i like the fact that we get to hear more about the development. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Campaign with RPG elements, and with a story combined with dynamic events

So this means the dynamic campaign is still in? It would be such an awesome feature that i didnt want to hope for this.. tounge2.gif

EDIT: Btw, the developers are alot more online here and now they are actually making a blog which is updated once in a while..

Seems like they are trying to boost the morale a bit. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Improved building destruction (we will return to this in some future blog)

hmm, what will it be?

Sound promising sofar.

Quote[/b] ]and i like the fact that we get to hear more about the development. smile_o.gif

Dito.

Thanks for the link Matt Rochelle. smile_o.gif

NP, i check every other day haha wow_o.gif

Yeah i like how BIS with there new website can now communicate with the community in this way.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Btw, the developers are alot more online here and now they are actually making a blog which is updated once in a while..

Seems like they are trying to boost the morale a bit.

thats becuase they couldnt really do that with the old website.

BIS FTW! It all sounds super, and i eagerly wait more news yay.gif

I think the Dev Blog idea is a fantastic thing! Really good to hear what's on the minds of the developers, keep it up BIS!

Guest Ti0n3r

Cheers BIS!

Quote[/b] ]The main single player mode will cast the player in the role of a USMC deep reconnaissance team commander

I really do hope they could have a think about that and make it more mercenary/guerilla , i am fed up of playing an american (no offence). Apart from that the description is 100% what i was expecting from game2 i would like more clarification on mp ai though is it to be dummed down ? .

well done bis for listening (an conintuing to do ).

good luck with it all.

I like the dev blog.

I like any sort of AI improvements.

I also wish you best luck with trying to make the Dynamic Speech part(Taunts) not sound boring and repetitive after 4mins.

3 Questions:

1.With improved AI , does this mean we get improved AI Control interfaces? I would imagine this to help control on consoles as well. (Believe it or not,some good suggestions in the Interface thread in the Suggestion board).

2.Although it's difficult , is there any possibility you are going to try to make it possible to place objects that carve into the ground? (Think of firing positions,dug-in tank positions)

3.Is "100 square kilometers" a typo?

BI, I feel confident that you've struck gold this time and I wish you all good luck on ArmA 2. notworthy.gif

I can't say it enough, but that blog completely changes the information landscape. A very smart call.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]3.Is "100 square kilometers" a typo?

It has to be. That's about the size of Everon IRC O.o

Quote[/b] ]A map the size of 650 km2 has been mentioned in a recent interview with a BI representative
Source

You should have started a new thread, i almost did confused_o.gif .

Maybe we need a sticky to discuss all the blog entries?

I hope that feature list will increase with improvements such as more realistic vehicle behaviour (interiors please! ) and a new damage model.. i like the a.i. stuff (reminds me of vietcong) and the campaign concept.

Everon was 30km2 not even close of 100km2. Nogova however was 100km2 but what we do whit ultimate big maps if its full of emptyness when more micro details it can be quite hard to any computer run it. And nice to see BIS now release more information about their next game than they have done so far.

Whatever the size it'll hopefully be very detailed smile_o.gif

This dev blog is great, can't wait for more news.

I would like rope down from helicopters as Black Hawk or Mi17 to urban areas, please BIS!!!!!

Guest Ti0n3r

Since they talked about making AI seem more human in the blog I though... Would be good if BIS added a lot of random animations for AI when they stand still. wow_o.gif

They did it in ArmA but I think we need more to make the AI seem more human.

Yeah, more stuff like scratching the nose or rubbing the chin/neck, correcting the gloves, glasses and helmet, and small things like that.

Oh, and knockdowns from explosions/bullets, pleease! The damage effects in WGL for OFP is a good direction to go in my opinion, adding a lot to the atmosphere of explosion-filled combat!

Quote[/b] ]A map the size of 650 km2 has been mentioned in a recent interview with a BI representative
Source

I hope the VD is also improved.. Alot!

in that source also says:

Quote[/b] ]ArmA 2 is expected to be released in Q2 2008.

I doubt. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Improved building destruction (we will return to this in some future blog)

hmm, what will it be?

Sound promising sofar.

Intresting.... is there still hope for the dynamic destruction? Lets hope so!

The viewdistance of 10-15KM is absolutely fine for what the game is meant to be smile_o.gif