Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

now this isa community , 26 pages of complaining

i would not be surprised if ArmA 2 was deleted (but it wont be because of dollars)

edit: and notice the fog in viewdistance is still there.. confused_o.gif

No i think that there is no fog bug.This is how is your view in real life.

What would be nice is if the fog occluded the sky as well as the terrain. Looks a wee bit silly as is...

Thats what you call low lying fog, ever seen that? I have..

Never seen fog like this tho, have you?

OFP

ofp_wrong.jpg

Its in OFP:E, but I cba to set up the xbox to take a screenshot.

ArmA

arma_wrong.jpg

And the fogging (whilst it looks awesome at view distance end) can only be assumed to be the same in ArmA2.

I simply guess the reason for so many people complaining is that they lost their trust in BIS after the release of ArmA. And now BIS has to work hard to get this trust back.

But with only some screenshots where you can't see the real improvements of the game (though I'm quiet excited about the tracks) they're just feeding the trolls. But I guess if they had a complete features list on the website, many people would complain, too and they half of the features won't make it into the game.

Even if the way of saying things isn't the best, it can't be denied, that BIS promised some features for ArmA which didn't make it into the final game (the reason for this doesn't matter) and they released it complete unstable and buggy.

These too factors, together with the anouncement of ArmA 2, lead to this behaviour and people feel cheated. I can quiet well remember the day when the German magazine Gamestar brought a preview about ArmA and they basicly said that it's rubbish. The German OFP Community in that time nearly stormed the Gamestar forums and defended every single bit of OFP and ArmA, because they couldn't believe, that BIS would code something like the game shown in the preview. But exactly this happend.

So again, if you count all these factors together, I can understand the anger.

The light at the horizon is that BIS released the tools (as promised and even together) and this will cool down many people. But it'll be a long way for BIS to get the atmosphere of the OFP time back in these forums.

I do not quite follow. Everyone is just interested in view distance and other fine details not the content itself. To me 5 km view distance is ok, if the game itself is good and performance level acceptable on an average gaming computer.

There certainly are AI issues that need to be improved.

Wonder how community would have recieved the news that ArmA was the last game ever by BIS wink_o.gif

(though I'm quiet excited about the tracks)

Can you highlight on what pic and where these "tracks" are. I've been looking since you mentioned it last night and I cant see them for love nor money.

i hope they turn it more natural.

Turn what more natural? Please try to make more sense rather than just spamming the thread... confused_o.gif

he meant that AI would act more natural , not robotic "see=kill"

One thing... why some people start to worry about what kind of teams BIS has, and if they are working and how they are working... it's really something we should not worry about in my opinion.

Well said Baddo! Personally I'm to busy enjoying ArmA (bugs and all) than worrying about whats coming in about 1-3 years (give or take).

Just hope BIS are still commited to fix the outstanding issues in ArmA and given their track record with OFP/OFP:R I'm not to worried.

Just a friendly advice to some of you guys... Stop worrying and stop getting your expectations sky high - live today and enjoy what we have available! I'm confident there is lots of life left in ArmA, at least there is for me smile_o.gif

/KC

i hope they turn it more natural.

Turn what more natural? Please try to make more sense rather than just spamming the thread... confused_o.gif

I did a fast reply hoping to be below your post.. guess i was slow

And the fogging (whilst it looks awesome at view distance end) can only be assumed to be the same in ArmA2.

what i meant was: i hope BIS turn the fog more natural. In those pics they have something fishy

Naa.. those are pipes and cable trays.. you only see the top of the pipe because of the 'diamond plate' flooring on the bottom of the structure. wink_o.gif

[***=http://www.armedassault.com/pic_arma2/ArmA2industrial.jpg]http://www.armedassault.com/pic_arma2/ArmA2industrial.jpg[/***]

There are no pipes on it so I thought either tracks or a conveyor...

no pipes?.. maybe, but there is that one HUGE grey pipe with the big black electrical cables running above them.

some of you people are just down right weird.. some see thing in the screen shots that are not there, others don't see what is.

its just a few screen shots, c'mon people, enough of this nonsence.

im quite sure that in the next update, be it another 6 months from now, BIS will give us more info on what they're planning to do with Arma2 (shutter >_<).

everyone just needs to wake up and stop being little needy brats complainning about anything that doesnt go the way they want it to.

alot of you need to be more gratefull for what we do have.

sure Arma has bugs, so what, everyother game befor it did, and so will every game after.

be thankfull BIS has supported ARMA as much as they have and still are. once QG is released, you can bet there will be new bugs along with more patches to fix them, thats life.

In a short conclusion: ArmA will have a short support phase.

In a short conclusion: ArmA will have a short support phase.

Depends how many expansion packs it gets wink_o.gif

cba to read through all 26 pages. but i wounder:

Will we,as they said earlyer, and as we saw pictures of, be RPG elements in it? or is it more like ArmA style..

would love if it really has the rpg elements as we saw screenies, and heard all over and stuff. would be great

RedStorm and Matt Rochelle

+1WL and 48h PR for each of you, hotlinking images over 100kb on page 25.

And both of you are long enough here to know about that rule.

My point exactly.

It looks nothing the same.

Im praying that feature hasnt went out the window  goodnight.gif

But i like ofpforums idea, that the rest of them have nothing to do. It makes sense. But doesnt that mean that the programmers have to work on ArmA 2 instead of arma 1 like the rest of the team ??

Thank god it looks nothing the same! The old Game2 screenshots were awful! Downright awful!

Like you said the have scraped all that though witch is totaly gay..

used to look like this:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/pc/PC6.jpg

http://www.bistudio.com/games/pc/PC5.jpg

Now look at the site ones..  wink_o.gif

Its really how you look at it... personally, I think the game DOES still look like thoes screens. Or at least I would say we don't have enough screenshots to say it DOSN'T still look that way.

We can see the vehicles look alot better in ArmA2... and we don't have a really good close up of a forest yet to say if they still look the same or not. As for the buildings... again not enough screenshots to tell, but thoes houses look like they were built to be destroyable... so that would really rely on the destruction system still being there. So how can one say they scrapped everything in the old shots just by looking at the couple WIP screens we have seen? Simple... you can't

RedStorm's post on page 25 is totally correct... there are alot of things in these screenshots that look better then ArmA. You just have to get over the fact that right now it kinda looks like Arma... and then you can see the diffrence. I wish BIS would just tell us whats still there, and whats been changed. That would make things so much better on the forums.

I'm going to copy and paste what I'm putting on every friggin site I find in regards to arma 2..

and this is what I'm going to say on every one of them:

This is weakness at it's worst.. sorry way to rip off consumers.. we just got the us release of arma 1 not even a year ago.. like 6 months at most.. the game runs like crap.. like str8 crap, they haven't fixed it yet still even with their 1 gigabyte "update" and now their making another game? how about you fix the game we all paid good money for? weak.. pathetic..

ill wipe my backside with arma 2.. i bet it will run just as crappy as arma 1 anyway..

CTD's on a daily basis.. and it's not just one type of CTD, theres like 3 or 4 different types with different or no errors.. this is just a crappy thing to do..

I'd kick all the makers in the nutz if I saw them for letting me buy ARMA "the crap edition" then making the fixed game and calling it arma 2 and reselling it.. yea based in 2009... makes it just easy enough to lie about the scenery and use the same graphics engine.. weakness...

and don't tell me it's my system.. IM running 2 8800's in sli on a 3.2 ghz dual core processor with top of the line components..

the game runs like crap....still...even at low and normal settings..

Someone needs to start slapping law suits I think.. everytime I turn around, a new computer company or game company is ripping me off.. nvidia, microsoft, now BI..

I think I'm going back to gaming counsels..

Sell arma or give it to a friend, do not buy Arma 2, move on, there are loads of games out there.

There is no need to come here and waste time with a game you don't like (or can't run smoothly).

Also there is an "ArmA is just ... disappointing" thread...

Maybe it's time to close this one, there is no real info here.

D007, you do seem to like the word "crap" smile_o.gif I read reviews before I bought ArmA and I decided it was worth the plunge... what's 20 or so quid for a game? I advise all gamers to read reviews before they buy...perhaps then we wouldn't get colossal amounts of unsatisfied customers on these forums. What is constructive is to point out bugs, what isn't is to simple complain and complain and complain, say you hate BIS yet never actually leave... Why? I suggest it's because you want to have faith in BIS. You want a good game from them, like OFP and Resistance. You want them to do it right next time around. If you really had no faith you wouldn't be here, unless you admit to being a miserable detractor who just likes spreading hate around.

I think all the complaints are truthful and how the players feel. Some are somewhat short-sighted in their arguments but the concerns are still there. We all want BIS to make an amazing game, with all the "Game 2" features but we can't just demand to get it- I demand all countries disarm their nukes wink_o.gif

BIS released ArmA with some bugs, yes, but it works well for me now, despite game problems that aren't true bugs. You got what you bought and if it wasn't what you expected then I'm sorry but it's hardly going to bankrupt you. Disappointment shows its face a lot more often that praise around here, I guess it's human nature, but we can all hope for a better game. Can we find unity in that?

Sabre.. the only problem with your approach is it screams "hey I'll let you take advantage of me and not say anything about it"

How about I handle things the way I handle things "aggressively" and you handle things the way you handle things "passively" we are two different people.. you be you and I'll be me.. there you go.. be a web psychologist somewhere else dude..

All I want, is to get what I paid for.. It was not advertised as being a game that CTD's 4 times a nite.. if it was, I would of never bought it.. I could care less about 40 bucks american.. I do care however that people are getting more and more complacent with being screwed over and being passive..

If you knew anything at all about the corporate world, you would understand that the passive man is the one who gets his company into a hostile take over.. the agressive man is the one who takes that company..

so be passive and see what it gets you.. nothing.. just like it always has in real life and always will.. hold people accountable for what they do wrong or they will never act accountable.. thats life..

this is common sense here.. why do I even need to explain it?

or do you think everyone just walks around in happy land all day, looking to give refunds to unsatisfied customers? No, if companies had it their way, no customer would ever be refunded a single dime and there would be no technical support.. welcome to the real world.. wink_o.gif

and if your going to put words in my mouth like "I say I hate BI" which i never said.. at least make sure I at some point said it..

I hate being ripped off and brushed aside.. making arma 2 ensures arma 1 just got screwed.. I hate that.. It shows a complete lack of dedication to the customer base..

arma 2 going to come out, then in 6 months arma 3? maybe less bugs than arma 2? come on.. hey in 2 years we'll be up to arma 4 and it might have no bugs.. imagine that.. and it only costed us each 200 bucks american.. wow that was fun..

ps..Crap was my alternate word..lol..

D007

Use the ArmA is just ... disappointing like everyone else for your complaints and rantings.

This thread is for sharing opinions and ideas about the upcoming ArmA 2 and not how crappy ArmA runs on your system.