Sign in to follow this  
telejunky

ArmA 2

Yeah, Game 2 is now called ArmA 2! read the official News here.

By the way: we got a german translation and a comment by the author about mods, time of release compared to ArmA I and co.

2008 should be eaten carefully...we now the times ArmA I was delayed several times. The screens tell my head and let me feel that this game is going to be more OFP-like. I think it got the chance to catch the Player as OFP did in the old days smile_o.gif

The progress of the increased graphics of ArmA could do the same job at ArmA, too. We still know the days with shitty gras and stupid sounds...actually, these days are history! So stay tuned for further informations from the Games Convention 2007 in Leipzig, Germany.

news_ArmA2burning.jpg

news_ArmA2BTR.jpg

best regards, telejunky, Admin of ArmABASE.de

Edit: I really dislike the way the bi forums are cutting too long urls of images....damn it! Watch the news at the official site or our article for mor pics... pistols.gif

Edit 2:

Thanks to all sites which are not refering to the original source: miller from armabase.de informed me about the news...It's disgusting reading news everywhere and the little guy alone was watching many sites for any update band.gif

It is my and his sparetime looking for updates on those mod/official sites and there are other persons just reading it and they don't have any decency to honor this sometimes hard and nerving work... goodnight.gif

Haha, thats awesome, ArmA influences are still clearly visible. biggrin_o.gif

Not much about the gameplay, seems like they scrapped the original idea? huh.gif

EDIT: Oh, and add at least a year to the releasedate, or 2 1/2 years to be on the safe side. tounge2.gif

EDIT2: Anyone else agrees with me that the color scheme is much better then in ArmA? It looks more like OFP which i like, ArmA is a bit too colorful IMO. smile_o.gif

Looks pretty much the same as ArmA, (which isn't too surprising, or even a bad thing wink_o.gif) I wonder if those autumnal colours are dependant on the date? smile_o.gif

I'd like to hear more about new features though.

Holy moly!  Look at those screens!

Goodness, it appears we will have a more proper cover system, judging by the guy snugged up against that destroyed truck. smile_o.gif

Woot, announcement of ArmA2 coincides w/ my 100th post to boot! tounge2.gif

wow_o.gif

edit: i wonder whats new: new island.. new trees... more lag.. what else?

game 2 is anouced.. what about our tools sad_o.gif

They still havent included the function for addon makers to change where on the guns the hands are. I can see that purly from those screens.

Its possible. Simply memory points for each hand... Or at least the left one!

Yeah I don't think we should start howling & crying about screenshots for a WIP game still more than a year away smile_o.gif

These are only the early stages...try to remember of the days in september last year: AmrA was looking more than different than it does now...there will be many changes and as fa as i know, BIS was not best company in holding release dates nener.gif

Edit: Now it sure looks like a bigger piecs of cake of VBS2 mixed with ArmA and a dash of autumn...The baken cake is called "ArmA 2" in the circle of experts wink_o.gif

I hope there will be changes, i hope there will be real dense forests, and i really hope for more players (or more servers with ArmA PVP Games)...more accessable buildings, and more functions which are actually now in VBS 2........

th list is long and the release far away, lets give them a chance to make a great game which will revolutionize the genre inlove.gif

I just hope that they include weapon tied animations instead of player tied animations.

Halt!!!

I need some clarification please.

1. How many people does BIS have working for them?

2. How can they work on an expansion pack, and a second entire game... and I hear they are working with Codemasters for Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?

3. Why "Dragon Rising" for Operation Flashpoint 2? Copywrite issues? But if BIS is working with them, then theres no copywrite infringment worries...

press-image.jpg

I'm so confused! Can BIS keep up with their small team + keep the game patched? 5-6 years of OFP and patches... then a few months for an expansion, and a year (supposedly) for an entirely new game?! Don't game engine's cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop? This is nuts. Why make ArmA 2 and OFP2? It makes no sense to me. Combine the two for the ultimate war simulation?! I'm going to lose my hair.

BIS please, make ONE game. A single game, that works. ArmA's so full of bugs... why start all over and get an entire new array of NEW bugs!?! Many players loyalty will start to fade... help!

Ive got the BEST idea! hows about fix the ArmA we have?! huh.gif

Something tells me BIS screwed the pooch and now are going to give it another go...

Lets hope that this gets changed to like a standalone expansion for ArmA and ArmA gets a patch that updates it. Otherwise, its rather pointless to release ArmA and then another game two years after it.

Especially when all the mod teams are just now getting started with the first one.

Nice to see a new ArmA. smile_o.gif

I really hope that it will be more realistic than ArmA 1.

It looks and feels like BI had too much to put into Arma to deal with the wait period. So they cut it short, released at their current stage, and then finished it for Arma II. This will split the community. I feel like we haven't even gotten going on mods. Look at the point where OFP got before Arma came out. We're just scratching the surface. This seems like bad-news to me. Half the people will switch, half will stick with Arma because its so new and they have worked so hard.

The only way this will be good is if Arma mods are a direct fit into the new game. And if thats the case, how can any of their changes be that large and effective. I'm just speculating, as we all are, but thats my take on it.

ArmA 2? confused_o.gif I don't like the name..

Other than that.... smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifyay.gifwow_o.gifyay.gif

I hope this will at the very least have a fraction of what SteelBeasts simulates in AFV combat.

They already have an engine. Now they need to work on it some more because it's not quite perfect. It needs optimization badly.

Don't game engine's cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop?

Not in Czech Republic biggrin_o.gif

Yeah it looks like the first ArmA but it's developed from Game 2, so I suppose all improvements are in code, new possibilities in the game, etc. which are not visible on these screens. But still it looks like they're using the same engine, even it's drastically improved, the core of it is several years old. And it brings just a problems.

Im so pessimistic right now, we paid for a Beta engine and now were going to have to pay again for what we were promised first time around? come on fans dig me Im just so angry its madness...

I'm so confused! Can BIS keep up with their small team + keep the game patched? 5-6 years of OFP and patches... then a few months for an expansion, and a year (supposedly) for an entirely new game?! Don't game engine's cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop? This is nuts.

AFAIK there was always a second team working on other stuff, as Suma said that the engine is in 'continues development' all the old stuff will be in the new engine anyway, they just add more stuff for the new release.

(And IIRC during a period the whole team was working on ArmA and all other projects were temporarely stopped).

Also, you dont always need modellers, after the old game is done they just move on to another project, same for other jobs.

its madness...

This .. is .. Bohemia!!

No, sorry biggrin_o.gif

Just wondering myself, what about ArmA huh.gif

those screens look a lot like ArmA. graphics don't matter that much, but if the graphics don't change much from one game to the other, the rest usually doesn't, either.

the next game needs a lot more than improved graphics. BIS promised a whole new game. ArmA 2 currently doesn't look like that; same old engine, different tree color.

command and control features need to be more intuitive (see GRAW 2), cover and suppressive fire need to be included (see GRAW 2 again), the sound system needs improvement, the animation system needs to be redone, a new damage system is needed, and the singleplayer experience needs to be on a bombastic, hollywood-like level.

i'll be watching this, but i sure won't buy it blindly, like i did with ArmA.

Im so pessimistic right now, we paid for a Beta engine and now were going to have to pay again for what we were promised first time around? come on fans dig me Im just so angry its madness...

You are aware that ArmA wasn't meant to be this big? it was originally just an interlude until OFP2/Game2/ArmA2.

Fantastic news. I can't wait to see what they do with this.

Hmm quite interesting , looks like there gonna give us vbs2 for $40 afterall ,well i guess if this pays for game2 then i will add it to my collection.

good luck Bis i hope you can survive a bit longer.