Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

ArmA BHD:MOD

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'>-----SCRIPTERS!!!!------</span></span>

ziosamlr6.gif

The BHD MOD is looking for some advanced scripters to help us in making a great work.

What we are making is a Dialog control script with which the leader of the Delta (or Ranger) chalk can have control over the battlefield:

<span style='color:#0000FF'>--> possibility to order a soldier to move how many meters forward or backward you want.</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>--> possibility to divide the chalk in 2 group: the first will create a diversion, the second will engage the enemy.</span>

<span style='color:#0000FF'>--> possibility to order soldiers to hide behind a wall, or a barrel or whatever is in the battlefield in that moment.</span>

By far, me (Linker Split), Lebson [506th PIR], Tack-up and Smookie are working on this project.

But we need more people to help us with this great work!

Sign in at

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>ArmA: BHD MOD forum</span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Write down a thread with your name, your skills, what you can do, and if you want to stay and join us!</span>

CHEERS

The BLACK HAWK DOWN M.O.D. team

What we are making is a Dialog control script with which the leader of the Delta (or Ranger) chalk can have control over the battlefield

I'd need more detailed information to know if my suggestion is appropriate but, wouldn't COC's CEX be able to do what you're after?

Can you show a walk around video of the map?

It would look cool smile_o.gif

I'd need more detailed information to know if my suggestion is appropriate but, wouldn't COC's CEX be able to do what you're after?

yes I had the same answer from other friends... smile_o.gif

Maybe you are right, maybe not.

CoC is excellent we all know that, but it seems almost pretty difficult to use as the first resource in the battlefield. I mean, you should be very fast in taking decisions that the CoC seems to me a bit slower than our needs!

if a somali is aiming at you, you should move fast, and give fast commands, that's why i want to make an easy-to-use dialog.. smile_o.gif

Can you show a walk around video of the map?

It would look cool smile_o.gif

I'll do it, when I'll get some free time wink_o.gif

Now I understand better, I can't give you an OFP/ArmA example but if you've ever played the Full Spectrum Warrior Games then a squad control method like that would be awsome (I mean general unit movement not finding/using cover like AI do in FSW), however I don't even know if it would be possible.

Took a look at your website guys. very nice work. notworthy.gif

Noticed a UN M113 which looks vaguely familiar wink_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Do you intend to include it in your mod ?

Looks good, question about convoy you see in movie, will the player be able to control his convoy? Not as in arma, wheer cars crash into houses, but as this humvee convoy in the movie.

I heard that you are going to release a beta, do you have an ETA?

Look, with ryme and everything.

Finally had the time to take a look here.

Looking good!

But: Do you gonna create ya mod for Armed Assault or Armed Assault 2 (With should comming out this year)

I'll do it, when I'll get some free time wink_o.gif

I can always test it and makea showcase for you!

biggrin_o.gif

I heard that you are going to release a beta, do you have an ETA?

Look, with ryme and everything.

hmm, ETA: 2 weeks, or 3, just we are making DELTA soldiers and the BlackHawk... and I'm making that CONTROL SYSTEM... smile_o.gif

Oh Dragz, we are going to release at least the BETA for Armed Assault, then when will be the time, we will move to Armed Assault 2

#EDIT

I managed to get a consistent numbers of variables in our Total Control dialog.

WIP:

42679423mx7.th.jpg

as you can see, these buttons will be used to check all infos (about environment, soldiers, actions and so on)

smile_o.gif

man you guys have to get some dusty ground poundin', street to street, door to door stuff going on for the video wow_o.gif

Reopening after some clean up. smile_o.gif

Have fun and good luck, BHD.

I doubt it.

Well, whats with the screens that one of the BOA Team posted, are they real?

And i know that is just a demo release, but did you change anything in the config? Because it would be a pain in the ass to have 500 guy with no training killing you as soon as you look in the corner.

I doubt it.

Well, whats with the screens that one of the BOA Team posted, are they real?

As Raedor said in the FIAL modification thread (one of the many aliases of the BOA team):

Quote[/b] ]This thread is closed as the author and probably leader of this mod has been banned. We advise every news page/hoster to ignore this mod from now on.

Whether they call themselves BOA or FIAL, don't believe a word they say, it's all flaming and stealing, everything they show, maybe Raedor should have emphasized that in his clean-up post in this thread, as BHD is a prime target for BOA/FIAL. I would redirect you to another forum where you can read the finer details, but it is against the forum rules.

Ok, after some unfortunately off-topic talk (well depending on your point of view):

I see you're working on an interface Linker, but doesn't that contradict the situation of an infantry man on the ground (and even someone in a helicopter at the time of the battle of Mogadishu), they had very little control and information of what was going on around them. Won't this make the situation easier (too easy?) for the player?

I see you're working on an interface Linker, but doesn't that contradict the situation of an infantry man on the ground (and even someone in a helicopter at the time of the battle of Mogadishu), they had very little control and information of what was going on around them. Won't this make the situation easier (too easy?) for the player?

well, yeah but don't misunderstand the usage of this Control System: it's not gonna be something which will guide the player to an easy win.

It only completes what normal game commands can't do, like move behind a wall, or behind a barrel, or create some groups in an easy way hen move them to different locations and so on smile_o.gif

Ok, as announced, here there are the last pics taken from my buldozzer, showing some car wrecks made by us!

Next time, we will try to make a destroyed bus! wink_o.gif

<span style='font-family:Arial Black'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'>Check our Forum for further news and pics!</span></span></span>

The Black Hawk Down MOD team

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Click here to find out what was going on here.. thank you</span></span>

Oh that is so retarded. Why the hell did you make that news post? That's just a retarded move, why didn't you just clean it up and then go on? But then you go on to insult him too?

Jeez, then you act better than him.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Click here to find out what was going on here.. thank you</span></span>

Oh that is so retarded. Why the hell did you make that news post? That's just a retarded move, why didn't you just clean it up and then go on? But then you go on to insult him too?

Jeez, then you act better than him.

we did it soooo many times (the cleaning up and the going on) without any results.

Ok the video is retarded, but the post not.

I think the same, it's something a bit idiot, the video and the actitude of that member of the BOA.

Anyway, the important here is the BHD mod, so, back on topic people.

Nice cars, the only problem is that there are going to be repetitive because it's strange to see +2 cars with the same hits.

But it's not a critic, just a comment, it would be stupid to ask for 700 cars with diferent bumps.