Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

ArmA BHD:MOD

yay.gif

Ok, i didn't make it, RAVEN was, but i'm one of the beta testers (the fastrope mode is not complete sad_o.gif ).

It's hard to config the script but i can give you a basic mission where you can see the script, do you want it?

As soon as he finish it i will send you all the info, and i hope a demo mission too.

yay.gif

Ok, i didn't make it, RAVEN was, but i'm one of the beta testers (the fastrope mode is not complete sad_o.gif ).

It's hard to config the script but i can give you a basic mission where you can see the script, do you want it?

As soon as he finish it i will send you all the info, and i hope a demo mission too.

yay! yay.gif

ok m8... thanks! wink_o.gif

Great screens mate...

The buildings look very cool, with the textures...

I see you got yourself another project and this one too do.

All the best.

Thanks dude, yea the screen is great! It was made by Parvus! Thats why it's so great tounge2.gif

Yea I'm all over with projects.. help.gif

Thanks dude, yea the screen is great! It was made by Parvus! Thats why it's so great  tounge2.gif

Yea I'm all over with projects..  help.gif

Kenwort & Co:

You guys seem like you're pretty serious about this, those last screens show amazing progress. I've never offered my help on other projects before, but yours looks really nice. So, if you'd like, I'd be willing to help you guys out -- at least as much as I can.

-models and unwrapping (see my M14 EBR mod)

-textures, but I'm not great

-new standalone skins (my ODA mod)

I'm still pretty new at ArmA, and my time is limited by RL work. Let me know. smile_o.gif

Great news!

I found the way (with the help of Armored_Sheep, a BI developer) to create animations for an object that has been destructed!

here there are some examples:

------------

I'm currently working on other animations, such as objects, barrels, cars and so on...

Stay tuned, more to come!

Linker Split pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]mog streets look like in real, so steep!

No way. It looks like the movie but has nothing to so with the real

setting in Mogadishu.

setting in Mogadishu.

we know that, indeed our aim is to represent the movie, not the real life wink_o.gif

setting in Mogadishu.

we know that, indeed our aim is to represent the movie, not the real life wink_o.gif

Pretty sure he was correcting that poster, and not you. smile_o.gif

Building destruction is looking neat! Do the buildings always collapse the same way?

Abs

setting in Mogadishu.

Pretty sure he was correcting that poster, and not you. smile_o.gif

Building destruction is looking neat! Do the buildings always collapse the same way?

Abs

well, only an animation for a single object.

So for 8 different slum models, 8 different animations I think I'll do tounge2.gif

Yeah I know he was correcting him, but since the start of this topic, we announced that our goal was to recreate the movie smile_o.gif

Great work!

Are you working at campaign 1:1 to movie or you gonna make some light changes maybe that player switch to another person (like Blood, Sweat and Tears)?

Looks amazing. I can't wait to play this.

One question though, I know that in the movie the Blackhawks were black but were they that color in the actual battle?

Any updates on this mod, I checked out the website but did not see any updates there either?

You are already a step ahead of yourself. biggrin_o.gif

BHD gents,

I guess I missed your last update til now. It's been great to see how this mod has progressed through a plethora of pictures. I'm stunned by the detail I've seen so far. This will be a milestone. thumbs-up.gif

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Are you going by the movie or real accounts?

Also, how are you planning to get the ai to shoot rpgs at helis and keep (at least some of) the crew alive?

with my new graphic Card, The work on the map is gonna be very fast and excellent 8especially when previewing on buldozzer) biggrin_o.gif

Here it is a rendering of the city as I've done so far:

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/72/bhd10bq5.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/333/bhd11rq8.jpg

And this is some test ingame:

bhd9kj2.th.jpg

bhd8av4.th.jpg

enjoy them, guys!

And if there's someone interested in joining us, he is welcome! :thumbsup:

We have now a new member that joined us yesterday!

He is a good scripter, he will do his best i know! smile_o.gif

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Are you going by the movie or real accounts?

Also, how are you planning to get the ai to shoot rpgs at helis and keep (at least some of) the crew alive?

we are thinking of modifying the main config.bin, to make sure AI will shoot at helis and US sodliers, but with a very high dispersion coefficent, to make it be real (like in the movie where you have 6-7 somalis shooting with an AK to your direction, but nobody kills you tounge2.gif)

Hey guys!

I'm looking forward to this mod!

It's come a long way until now.

However, is it me or the streets/building have a weird granulous look? Texture problems?

Hey guys!

I'm looking forward to this mod!

It's come a long way until now.

However, is it me or the streets/building have a weird granulous look? Texture problems?

hi phoenix... nope, don't worry, streets are not like the ones you see there...

I made 2 screens:

street1hl8.th.jpg

in this one you can see the real street of my city

street2sa0.th.jpg

in this one there is the sand texture I'm using for the city as background (via V3)

the one you saw in the previous screens is the sand texture for the rest of the island... indeed i'm using 3 different sand textures: beach sand, city sand, desert sand smile_o.gif

NEWS are that I've completed the bakara market zone biggrin_o.gif

niice! but will you make your own fast-rope addon or will you use the one thats out now? becouse it does not work soo good in big citys smile_o.gif i really want this!!

Cool Lookin screens! It loosk so promosing!

whistle.gif