Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

ArmA BHD:MOD

yeah we use them...I've made all the rvmats needed... but you'll see: models are really really low poly (the max is 2000polys for one building named house31.p3d, the others are about 500-400 faces):) also there's the named property CanOcclude with the viewGeometry LOD....

Quite stunning!

One question though;

'why particulary a Delorean in Somalia?" whistle.gif

smile_o.gif just looking odd; that's why asking smile_o.gif

Progress from Yura on the blackhawk.

blaklc1.jpg.xs.jpgblaklc13.jpg.xs.jpg

blaklc14.jpg.xs.jpgblaklc15.jpg.xs.jpg

Yura had a question that maybe some1 who knows could asnwer..

blaklc1question.jpg.xs.jpg

Sent you an email link, saw your messages on MSN after I returned home smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:"Impact"'><span style='color:#0000FF'>]I'm making progress with the map!</span></span></span>

<span style='font-family:"Century Gothic"'>I figured out how to solve that boring problem with ground textures, and i've started placing objects, houses, slums and so on...</span>

93993380ad0.th.jpg

23463745lf5.th.jpg

74324986sw0.th.jpg

31ja6.th.jpg

<span style='font-family:"Century Gothic"'>Stay tuned, more to come!</span>

pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]I figured out how to solve that boring problem with ground textures, and i've started placing objects, houses, slums and so on...
Great! smile_o.gif

Will you be making it 1:1 scale?

Quote[/b] ]I figured out how to solve that boring problem with ground textures, and i've started placing objects, houses, slums and so on...
Great! smile_o.gif

1:1 would result in making an ArmA-unhandling map, you know... Mogadishu it's about more than 20x20km extended biggrin_o.gif

Great! smile_o.gif

1:1 would result in making an ArmA-unhandling map, you know... Mogadishu it's about more than 20x20km extended biggrin_o.gif

Well I think it's theoretically possible if you used a conservative approach to city layout in conjunction with highly optimized objects. PMC already did a rudimentary 1:1 scale Mogadishu map, although this map only contained buildings and no street objects, it showed that it isn't impossible.

yeah but as you can see, I'm the only one working on the map and objects models (I made all of them, plus some models made from bufferin)... so making a whole 1:1 map is kinda...brain-blowing! crazy_o.gif

but don't worry, the city will be very large, and will contain more that 50 house models! so less repetition between 2 nearest zones!

Hey I'm crazy enough to do it! biggrin_o.gif

Maybe once your mod is out, I am done with my current projects and granted I have permission to use your objects, I could perhaps have shot at it.

-edit-

That's a very big maybe.. crazy_o.gif

Can't wait for this though!

Hey I'm crazy enough to do it! biggrin_o.gif

Maybe once your mod is out, I am done with my current projects and granted I have permission to use your objects, I could perhaps have shot at it.

after having finished Mogadishu (so after having added the minaret, the target building, the Olympic hotel, the pakistani stadium) will can think of making some MP friendly maps! wink_o.gif

don't forget we will always update the mog!

I 'm crazy to do it too, but my problem is that i don't have a good GPU card to run buldozzer smooth...if only BI made visitor3 capable to handle wireframed models... banghead.gif

One thing that i was thinking some days ago:

It's posible to make another tipe of crash? I mean, when a helicopter is hit i doesn't blow up in mid air, instead it would go down and when it touchs ground the heli would convert it to a downed Black-Hawk?

One thing that i was thinking some days ago:

It's posible to make another tipe of crash? I mean, when a helicopter is hit i doesn't blow up in mid air, instead it would go down and when it touchs ground the heli would convert it to a downed Black-Hawk?

well this was made on M.A.S. Franze's and Xnodunit Ah-64 & Oh-58 Kiowa Warrior in OFP... whistle.gif

yeah surely it is possible, since via script everything can be done!

for the hummers, I was looking to make some destroying scripts... smile_o.gif

in OFP I did what you said Benoist:

when Hummer has 40%of damage, smoke starts to come uot from the engine... when damage raises to 80%, also fire... 100% damage, the hummer is replaced by a destroyed version, bouncing some meters due to the velocity factor smile_o.gif

is the crashing blackhawk gonna destroy like every building within an acre of the crash zone like it does in vanilla arma

we will think of doing it crazy_o.gif

now the main problem is to finish the map and some models, then add scripts, mission, campaigns and so on smile_o.gif

The latest screens look awesome, very nice buildings indeed.

If i got this right, everything is on hold until ur island is finished ?

You should overthink that approach, imo releasing seperate addon packages (us troops, rebel troops, some vehicles, a demo mission + ambience soundpack, weaponpack & sounds) would be far more better than waiting for the whole mod to be released beginning of 2009.

As far as i'm concerned, some rebel battles in southern sahrani will actually look close enough to the BHD movie, so i'd release the troops first.

Just my opinion though. smile_o.gif

Can't wait for this mod, hopefully before ArmA 2.

Yura had a question that maybe some1 who knows could asnwer..

Is there already the Normal map and Specular map added? Might try that as the specular might change the lightning on the model so the current spot are not there anymore.

Hey guys,

Your stuff looks really great. I like that Blackhawk.

But i don't know why people are taking some ingame photos in such a quali. You should turn your Details up before taking screenshots.

And why don't take the minigun from DaSquade? That's a really great modell and texture!!!

Hey guys,

Your stuff looks really great. I like that Blackhawk.

But i don't know why people are taking some ingame photos in such a quali. You should turn your Details up before taking screenshots.

And why don't take the minigun from DaSquade? That's a really great modell and texture!!!

well because

1) mogadishu is a Big city, so it will take a lot of resources to run

2) a uber M134 could be needed, but for now we want to keep the polycount low, so no more lag

smile_o.gif anyway, my PC fucks up, so I'll never take good pictures at 1 FPS!