Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

Games Convention '07

Quote[/b] ]Dont think they will make BF2, CoD, MOHHA like game

You misunderstood my post. I meant that perhaps they have changed the subject entirely and it will not be a wargame at all.

Game 2 is to my understanding, completely different to arma in terms of gameplay.

dynamic AI enemy/friendly(?) generals plotting their own missions and tactics. Continuing the idea of that your one soldier in a massive war. you go to one battle while others are going on elsewhere.

didnt you guys read the PC gamer (UK) article? biggrin_o.gif

P.S

btw, who cares about codemasters game? its built on a racing game engine for crying out loud biggrin_o.gif

I'm guessing a re-anouncement of GAME2 with a new (working) title. If it is I'd love to see a screenshot or teaser and see how far they've come since 2005.

Can't wait.. yay.gif

Game 2 is to my understanding, completely different to arma in terms of gameplay.

dynamic AI enemy/friendly(?) generals plotting their own missions and tactics. Continuing the idea of that your one soldier in a massive war. you go to one battle while others are going on elsewhere.

didnt you guys read the PC gamer (UK) article? biggrin_o.gif

P.S

btw, who cares about codemasters game? its built on a racing game engine for crying out loud biggrin_o.gif

With overdone effects. Like the bloom. Why so much bloom on cars? Jeez, I feel like I'm driving a popemobile.

Maybe it won't be PC related at all; ArmA:Elite for the XBox 360 anyone?

wink_o.gif

I just noticed this message on the IDEA Games website:
Quote[/b] ]IDEA Games is participating on this year Games Convention in Leipzig Germany from 22nd to 25th of August.

At our booth H74 following games will be presented to the public: ArmA: Queens Gambit (PC), Fish Fillets (NDS) and brand new project from Bohemia Interactive.

Finally SOME news about another BIS project smile_o.gif which hopefully could only mean GAME 2, but offcourse there are also ArmA options and maybe something totally new smile_o.gif

I'm trying to go this year! notworthy.gif

hey, if you are going... can you do a report on the event?

im happy to publish any interesting material.

I will see what I can do, first I have to organise this for myself to get there this year. Last year I totally screwed that up don't want that to happen this year.

And last year they anounced we could meet the team and play ArmA on appointment, now there isn't such message at all. So maybe I go there all for nothing.

I think it will be a nice trip and all but Rotterdam - Leipzich and back... I can imagine other things to do with my spare time.

And to add to all the stuff about how far GAME2 would be and what else it could be:

Some days ago someone placed an early ingame movie from ArmA it looked quite a lot like OFP:E and that was about half year before the release IF I'm correct. The game looks way better now then it did then, and changed a lot graphics wise. Why should this not be the same for GAME2? REMEMBER! ArmA was always anounced as a gapfiller (so called OFP/GAME 1.5)

Let's wait and see what info we can get out of the GC smile_o.gif

Dammit! Last thing I wanna hear about now is G2, I'm starting to enjoy ArmA really well.

I remember the abstinence from ArmA before it's release crazy_o.gif

Don't want to get that for G2 yet.

Hmmm,

you really think game2 could be "new project" ?.

that game was a new project back in 2003 ,i wouldnt be dissapointed if it was game2 ,but rather it was something completely new like an rpg game that wasnt military, i hear the devs at bis do like rpg type games so who know i may get my wish. either way its win win.

an RPG done by a team as big as BIS while there is a team like Bethesda? Nah rather not, I DONT say BIS should never try something else though, they are original in what they do and they have commitment so I love to see what they can do with other genres, but if that means I have to miss out on improved ArmA/Game2 no please DONT smile_o.gif

i think its game 2 and it was going to be more dynamic and stuff, so sometimes you never knew if you where going on a boring patrol or if you was in the squad that got to be sent into action. biggrin_o.gif

And i also remember the part about Bi's intrest in Rpg and i think they had plans for this in game 2 that the interaction between soldiers and civilians and maybe other soldiers could change the ways in the game, like if you shoot some civilians or destroyed their homes they would not be so happy but if you talked to them and was friendly to them they could answer like when they last seen the OFPOR and stuff like that to help you out. smile_o.gif

i really liked the ideas Bi's have for game 2 if that is still in progress. Who knows they could have gone on to a total new project. Ofp , arma games are mil sim fps games but they have sometimes felt like Rpg kind of way in the landscapes and inventory systems and dialgoues, action menu's and alot more.

Hell if they would make nice animal animations and animals i think it would be very possible for them to remake arma engine into a rpg game tounge2.gif not sure i would be buying it but i think some people will.

Don't know about other people, but I'm definetly not looking forward to a BIS RPG. I want more Mil sims. icon_rolleyes.gif

I just checked out that i would need a "Professionel Visitor" identify card, but last year morphicon organised this for some communitysites...actually you need this to get acces to the business center. Damn it, they don't have a public stand... sad_o.gif

This would be the only reason to pay for this bunch of overfilled halls with greedy, young player which want every give-away... banghead.gif

Don't know about other people, but I'm definetly not looking forward to a BIS RPG. I want more Mil sims.  icon_rolleyes.gif

They realy should try to make a rpg-game, but definetly without me as a paying player.

I would like to see something like stalker but more realistic

I just checked out that i would need a "Professionel Visitor" identify card, but last year morphicon organised this for some communitysites...actually you need this to get acces to the business center. Damn it, they don't have a public stand... sad_o.gif

This would be the only reason to pay for this bunch of overfilled halls with greedy, young player which want every give-away... banghead.gif

This is something I allready was affraid off, well no reason for me to be going then. sad_o.gif So then it's up to the 'media' to tell us what BIS has in store huh.gif

Better start learning german then I guess

I'm from Germany, and I would go in this year to GC. I've ticket to GC and I would try to see Game 2 (or play it) if it would be possible of course. whistle.gif If all this about Game 2 is true,

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_2

than BIS is great and I love the whole BIS notworthy.gifinlove.gif

well after seeing some more videos from Crysis, CryEngine 2 and FarCry 2

(and info from FC2 devs about RealTree, procedural world (seamless, procedural objects, procedural visual and physics effects) ...

i hope BIS next game get it done and first smile_o.gif

Yeeha i'll be there too! biggrin_o.gif

Damnit i will bring you some nice shots and Vid's. wink_o.gif

I think if BIS can come up with a game (preferably not Game 2 at this stage; I doubt (but don't know) there's enough money/team to make the Game 2 we want) that has huge "mass-appeal" in the form of amazing graphics and atmospheric gameplay movies then yes they'll get the money they need to make Game 2 great. Yes it is hype that sells games, and with ArmA we saw too many screenshots of the unfinished game that looked nothing like the finished product. This undoubtedly turned a great number of people off the game, and in the months before release there were very few previews in magazines/online that the majority of potential buyers would not see.

The devs need to drip-feed the consumer with ambitious, promising and I dare say it, mainstream features to pull in the punters. If this is done then future games can be the realism simulation we all desire as the investment will be behind it, even if the prior game was simply a money-spinner.

If it's gonna convince BIS that it's high time to show some footage of game2 in action...I'll be really, really happy if the "new project" is gonna be game2/ArmA2...

Now they'll show us game2 for sure! thumbs-up.gif

no matter what it is, I will not buy another BIS game until it's been patched for 3 years.