Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

Looks good. Like the radio in choppers. wow 1.7gb .....how did that happen. Textures?? sounds???

Everything - config, addons, sounds, textures, effects...

Like most people, I don't understand the Artillery and Airstrikes and the C&C Strykers, need some kind of indication of how to use all the new features, should have really translated the manual before release..

I can't quite figure out where the 1.7 GB's came from ...

As far as i've seen, there aren't many changes at all, just a few new units and radios inside vehicles, with minor sound and effect changes confused_o.gif

DL'ed it and tried it out in the editor for a bit. I must say that the VAG dudes are my favorites by far. They aren't the prettiest guys around (more like the ugliest) but they somehow look more ... human than their BIS counterparts. That and they're the first true new player model I have for arma!

Swell job lads, now let's hope someone puts up a few more servers to run this stuff.

Like most people, I don't understand the Artillery and Airstrikes and the C&C Strykers, need some kind of indication of how to use all the new features, should have really translated the manual before release..

I can't quite figure out where the 1.7 GB's came from ...

As far as i've seen, there aren't many changes at all, just a few new units and radios inside vehicles, with minor sound and effect changes confused_o.gif

I havent downloaded it yet but im thinking we are redownloading all addons. Im not hating but I think alot of 1.7gb we already have in the game. But like I said I havent downloaded it yet.

E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@XAM1.3\Addons

a10, air, air3, anims, Ca, characters, introanims, tracked, ui, voice, weapons, weapons3, wheeled.

That's all of BIS' original pbo's afaik.

OFC I'm not going to remove any of them seeing as some edits are most likely done in them but it's a big waste of download time and space..

@XAM1.3 3.06 GB....1.70 GB is the compressed installer crazy_o.gif

E:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@XAM1.3\Addons

a10, air, air3, anims, Ca, characters, introanims, tracked, ui, voice, weapons, weapons3, wheeled.

That's all of BIS' original pbo's afaik.

OFC I'm not going to remove any of them seeing as some edits are most likely done in them but it's a big waste of download time and space..

@XAM1.3 3.06 GB....1.70 GB is the compressed installer crazy_o.gif

yea im sure they are edited but there is an easier way that would be a whole lot less space.  For example if you wanted to change the config to a house you could do

BinkstersHouse : Strategic

{

side = TWest;

vehicleClass = "whatever";

displayName = $STRWhatever;

model = "\ca\buildings\budova1.p3d";

icon = "\Ca\buildings\Icons\i_camosmall_CA.paa";

armor=400;

destrType="Default";

scope = public;

animated = 0;  

nameSound = "bunker";

accuracy = 0.200000;

typicalCargo = {};  

transportAmmo = 0;

transportRepair = 0;

transportFuel = 0;

mapSize = 11;

cost = 8;

};

Now this one building is like 4kb versis getting p3d's and other stuff needed which would have been alot alot more.

PS. If snake ever wanted to shrink im willing to help.

Ive edited almost everyaddon for mfcti with custom configs (NOT TEXTURES or SOUNDS) which my addon is 475kb. Im sure with new textuers and sounds it would be alot higher but mabye in the mb's not gb'ss

nice job on the mod. I'm loving most of it.

i'm a bit confused as to why four digit x and y grid references were used when arma uses "AB12" type references (unless i'm missing something).

I have noticed that the zoom when looking has been removed from most vehicles men etc. i'm finding it pretty damn hard to identify the enemy at more than 100 yards.

Also are there plans to add your tracers to more of the vehicles? at the moment it seems that only the M1 abrams and the blueforce machine gunner have the nice glowing tracer? The .50 cal machine guns on other vehicles don't seem to have any tracer. Was this deliberate? the mod also seems to stop 6thsense tracers from working, although it works well with chammys sound mod and trueview.

cheers for the hard work.

I'm really interested in the new unit ACU and MARPAT skins. Anybody wanna comment on this or post a pic showing what they look like?

Hey guys, great work, I've been waiting for a long time for this English version. Ever since gmJamez's SightAdjustment addon I've been waiting for a lazer range finder, like this mod has. However, after a five hour download I find that there is no manual or classname list (I know it's coming and I'm greatful) and the laser tellemeter is still in French. I have no idea what to do with it.

Yes, I have to agree with other posts. A 1.7gig download that will take over 5 hours is not something I am willing to do. Please work with the others who have posted in this thread to cut the size down on this addon.

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this great mod! Playing with "Extreme Simulation" turned on is awesome.  notworthy.gif

/Mattemann1

Jesus can we get some more mirrors up as they are all 10/50/100kbs which is too slow for the huge filesize wink_o.gif

Just tested and looks good. Im thinking for now the size of mods will be large without the tools. I didnt reallize how many textures were changed. When textuers where changed you have to redownload the p3d instead of using BIS's. I hope there will be a pbo utilitly that can compress like in ofp. I havent seen any with arma that compress.

Guys, your mod is really cool. Just another strong kick from ArmA community.

Can we expect any dedicated server for XAM ?

It would be great.

Thanks man, already 2 dedicated servers online (hint "XAM" in the filter). Only one of them is official and most of the players are frenchies, but you're welcome there.

Edit : at this time the XAM servers are facing a huge traffic since the English version has been released. That means no forum, no game server and slow download for the moment.

I've found an japanese dedicated server running XAM.

Probably more soon.

It's good.

The UI additions add an extra level of gameplay. Hoping for more of these in future releases.

Mods like this bring a bit of "OFP feeling" into ArmA:)

This is a really great mod and I'm enjoying it, but the problem I'm having is with the grid coordinates for air strikes and artillery strikes, as I don't understand the number locations, because when I look on the map I only see letters such as Gh for X coord and numbers such as 51 for Y coord. Thanks.

I was just wondering, I noticed the default units in the campaign are now in MARAPAT rather then ACU, is this a setting, or a glitch on my end?

This is a really great mod and I'm enjoying it, but the problem I'm having is with the grid coordinates for air strikes and artillery strikes, as I don't understand the number locations, because when I look on the map I only see letters such as Gh for X coord and numbers such as 51 for Y coord. Thanks.

Units come equipped with a PDA that displays a map with reference coordinates.

Or play with one of the spotter units. Enable the positioning device (can't recall exact name) on the action menu and use the telemeter to get the exact coordinates of the target.

The XAM icon wasn't in 1.3...too bad. I liked the icon.  Already deleted XAM 1.2 and icon was in there.  

GD Mast

Poor old ruskies, there always forgotten about. Can you guys make a version for them? So we can then have a balanced playing field. I feel they would get smashed otherwise......