Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

Had an observation lately..

when a grenade is thrown dust goes up in the air on the spot it lands..

the idea is to add a similar effect when you go suudenly from 'run' to 'hit the dirt' smile_o.gif when body hits the ground some dust cloudlet could appear for a second..

I'm curious what your opinion is; would it add anything to the immersion or would be worth doing?

topas, ya know I never would have thought of that myself. Pretty cool idea. Maybe not a huge plume effect but just enough for the speed and impact when you dive down. Would be great especially in dirt or sand areas. I agree and share in his question. biggrin_o.gif

Maddmatt,

I use your mod because it DOES NOT look like OFP's Flash FX. I just thought I would pipe up with my opinion seeing as there are a lot of FFUR vids being posted in this thread, for whatever reason.

Not to beat a dead horse because I know you replied once already to this in the negative, but as far as trees being run over, am I correct in that there is a crashing tree sound played? If so, would that mean that SOMETHING knows a tree is falling and therefore, you could just tack on the dust/dirt kickup on where the sound is cued?

I cant remember if there is a sound or not... maybe it is just the sound the tank calls up when it hits a tree.. in which case I think that wouldnt help..

sorry! Id just like to see that in if at all possible.. tearing up the earth in a tank in ArmA is still too squeaky clean smile_o.gif

Thanks for the great addon though!! notworthy.gif

Cool, good to know...

HERE is another video where you can see these effects a bit longer (at 01:17)

I actually still have the script for that effect from OFP. I think it was made by Vektorbosin.

I think it's better to base my effects off real life videos rather than old OFP effects wink_o.gif

Do you take donations?

Of course. I need 500$ to post the next update biggrin_o.gif

That's cool. That's too bad though. No worries, just a thought biggrin_o.gif

Maybe I'll play around with it sometime. It shouldn't look too bad if it doesn't follow the terrain perfectly. So long as it isn't too big confused_o.gif

Had an observation lately..

when a grenade is thrown dust goes up in the air on the spot it lands..

the idea is to add a similar effect when you go suddenly from 'run' to 'hit the dirt' smile_o.gif when body hits the ground some dust cloudlet could appear for a second..

I'm curious what your opinion is; would it add anything to the immersion or would be worth doing?

It's possible. I just wonder how checking the animation of hundreds of infantry is going to effect performance.

1 problem is that I can't accurately tell what surface the unit is on.

I don't think a person usually kicks up dust when they hit the ground though.

If it doesn't effect performance much with a large amount of infantry then maybe I'll do something.

Maddmatt,

I use your mod because it DOES NOT look like OFP's Flash FX. I just thought I would pipe up with my opinion seeing as there are a lot of FFUR vids being posted in this thread, for whatever reason.

I try to base the effects off real life smile_o.gif

Not to beat a dead horse because I know you replied once already to this in the negative, but as far as trees being run over, am I correct in that there is a crashing tree sound played? If so, would that mean that SOMETHING knows a tree is falling and therefore, you could just tack on the dust/dirt kickup on where the sound is cued?

Scripting can't pick up the tree though. There is no way I can detect when a tree goes down. It's all done in the engine. I guess ArmA tries to do as little for the trees as possible for performance reasons, because there are so many of them.

Sorry if that has been already said but the droplet from the rain are still gone. I have double check and they are not there anymore. Also is there a simple way that i can use the original fire?

Sorry if that has been already said but the droplet from the rain are still gone. I have double check and they are not there anymore. Also is there a simple way that i can use the original fire?

I must have removed the droplets by mistake. I'll look into it. They did look crappy though whistle.gif

If you want the original fire you will have to modify the addon yourself.

Look crappy yes but better than nothing wink_o.gif no offence. Also for the fire what exactly do i have to changed in the addon?

Good addon btw.

Thx

Look crappy yes but better than nothing wink_o.gif no offence. Also for the fire what exactly do i have to changed in the addon?

Good addon btw.

Thx

"Class objdestructfire" or something like that in the config is for the fire effects. If you remove that the game should use the default fire instead.

I'll try to get the droplet effects back.

Edit: Found the problem.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">raindrop = "\core\default\default.p3d";

should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">raindrop = "\ca\data\raindrop.p3d";

That will fix it. I'll have it fixed for the next update, whenever it's ready.

Matt, appologies if its been asked before, but 38 pages is a lot of reading.

I've downloaded the effects pack, and was very much blown away by it all, BUT my other cherished mod, sixsense tracers, doesn't seem to work once I use your mod alongside it?

Perhaps I missed something in the readme, or I'm probably being my usual slow self, but every combination and order of mod folders in the shortcut won't work, armaeffects removes the tracer effects for me... although a few of the guys I play with said it worked fine their end?

help.gif

I have seen YOutube vids with Six Mod and ArmAFX playing at the same time... Maybe you could add all the pbo's in one file. That might work confused_o.gif

Thanks MaddMATT

One problem i was able to decompress the config.bin to config.cpp but what program i need to compressed the cpp file?

I've downloaded the effects pack, and was very much blown away by it all, BUT my other cherished mod, sixsense tracers, doesn't seem to work once I use your mod alongside it?

Hmm, I'm running ArmA Effects alongside sixth' tracers and both seem to be doing what they should do. Maybe a conflict with some other mod?

to Madmatt: Thanks a ton for this excellent pack thumbs-up.gif

I have seen YOutube vids with Six Mod and ArmAFX playing at the same time... Maybe you could add all the pbo's in one file. That might work confused_o.gif

I think that'll be worth a try - tis odd, as the others I play with have no problem with seperate mod folders - and I've tried it on a vanilla arma, i.e just armaeffects and six together and it just doesn't like it

Yep I'm using 6thSense Pack1 ver.3 with Arma Effects v.52 and they get along  confused_o.gif  Rather well I might add heh.

btw Matt, the smoke and fire effects look INSANE in stormy weather ~ nice job!!!

@DarkTerritory3: You can just leave the file in cpp format, ArmA can read that. It just takes it a little bit longer to load. To convert it to bin I use the BIS tools and binirize it.

@Messiah: You're using an old version of the tracers. They were updated to work with other mods (they now use the extended eventhandlers). Download the latest version from the 6thsense.eu pack 1 here.

I use them myself.

aha, excellent - I got the tracers passed on via msn/skype rather than downloading, so I never took note of version numbers.

thanks matt smile_o.gif

[edit]

Yep, that worked a treat - thanks for the help

@Maddmatt

Are ALL DMSmokeEffects included in ArmAEffects or just SOME of the DMSmokeEffects.

If some are included can you please specify which are NOT included?

In other words: if I have ArmAEffects 0.52 installed, is running another modfolder with DMSmokeEffects 4.3b obsolete?

@Maddmatt

Are ALL DMSmokeEffects included in ArmAEffects or just SOME of the DMSmokeEffects.

If some are included can you please specify which are NOT included?

In other words: if I have ArmAEffects 0.52 installed, is running another modfolder with DMSmokeEffects 4.3b obsolete?

None are included. I just use his custom particles for my effects. You can run them both at once. Depending on the order you list the modfolders in the shortcut, 1 will overwrite certain effects from the other such as vehicle explosion effects.

37 pages and a great video: this must be the place to be smile_o.gif

One big question about the mod.

Does it include all those other mods listed in the video?

Is Arma Effects a compliation of the others--e.g., chammy sound mod, SLX, 6th sense etc.

One big question about the mod.

Does it include all those other mods listed in the video?

One small answer.

No

wink_o.gif

edit: I'm way to slow today...

You claim to issue a "Effect-mod" for Arma, right? biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

So please, also include nice tracers and blood-effects (just like the ones from sixth-sense) into your mod.

Reasons:

Can not play on the most servers anymore because they are (6th-sense stuff) not signed and will probably never be (at least the six_blood would never as it changes game play with blooding till death and further damage).

Also i think they are parts with should be included in a "Effects Mod" to make it complete.... pistols.gif

What do you think? Maybe you can ask the guys from 6th-sense to use their effects and include them into "Arma Effects"?

Best Regards, Christian

Wouldn't it be nice to have some better "real" damage effects instead of additional fancy bloodshed in this great addon? Imho it's better to have some more addons and the choice of different combinations.

But maybe sickboy signs his "Pack1" just in time before mr.g-c is parched wink_o.gif

You claim to issue a "Effect-mod" for Arma, right? biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

So please, also include nice tracers and blood-effects (just like the ones from sixth-sense) into your mod.

Reasons:

Can not play on the most servers anymore because they are (6th-sense stuff) not signed and will probably never be (at least the six_blood would never as it changes game play with blooding till death and further damage).

Also i think they are parts with should be included in a "Effects Mod" to make it complete.... pistols.gif

What do you think? Maybe you can ask the guys from 6th-sense to use their effects and include them into "Arma Effects"?

Best Regards, Christian

The tracers and blood effects in 6thsense.eu mods are not made by me. I think it's better to ask Sickboy to release a signature for them. They already work fine in combination with my stuff (I use them myself), so all they need is his signature.

As for the blood affecting gameplay, that is why it wont be allowed on protected servers. At least not on servers that don't have it as a requirement for all players.

There are a few 6thsense.eu servers out there.

Also, the full 6thsense.eu mod (the big one, not pack 1) includes this effects mod. And you can play on the 6thsense servers with it smile_o.gif