Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

since I dont have ArmA yet but Iam planning to is there a video I can see of yomies in action if not when they run do they run like normal civillians?

They run like normal civilians, but they're great bashing your skull in with their hands wink_o.gif hopefully bugs will be fixed soon so we can use them for misisons.

Its a relief to hear from you. For a moment there I thought you may have left us hanging. Good to hear your still around. Ok, my questions:

1. Can you make a simple body removal script that removes the dead yomies, say, 10 seconds after death. I've been playing around with yours and two other body removal scripts, but still, after nearly a week of coding, I can't get either of them to work on *spawned* yomies.

2.a) Could you post the line of code needed to "attach" a spawn area to a player, so that it constantly follows them, and therefore there are always yomies around them.

Or, if that isn't possible,

2.b)Would it be possible to remove spawned yomies from a spawn area after the players have left it, so that more yomies can be spawned in another 'active' spawn area? I know this feature is supposed to be in your template and mission, but I've got some bad news, its doesn't work.

Thanks again for a brilliant mod, a little more ironing out, and it will be tip-top.

If anyone is interested I will be hosting zombie style missions, just for fun and what not on my server.

There are a few addons required, 3 at tops (though you probably already have them)

Go to http://letumvelox.com, Arma->Addons and download what you do not have.

Then join our TS about 10:00 EST for some zombie fun. Password is on the Teamspeak bar (though I think you have to register this is to keep the g00ns out).

Hope to see some of you there.

It seems some of us have the problem of our teammates not shooting at the zombies. I have that problem as well. I can spawn them fine and my team sees them but does not open fire.

just a quick note to every angry people out there smile_o.gif

I am still around, but i have absolutely no time to work on the Yomies, or answer your questions, sorry for that.

I will try to publish new version of the template and addon, but my day is filled with various tasks until 22h, and i haven't slept for almost two days already, so i really do not want to promise anything, but i will do my best to stop by tonight and answer some of your questions.

btw. because of my relocation, i don't think i will have the resources to work on the Yomies as i intended to.

So if anyone is up to the task, i will be only happy to explain everything whenever i can.

But before i leave, i will surely release a new version, i am just not sure exactly when.

Honestly, all i need to know is how to make the yomies spawn exactly where i want them.. with basic spawn scripts... and to disable the not spawning in front of the player thing.

If i could do this... man.... i'd be good with this version.

I've got a bad feeling this time, he isn't coming back. Please, please prove me wrong...

I finally downloaded this and tried the sample mission, hosting and playing for myself. Great feeling and I really enjoyed sneaking around and mowing down zombies with my M249 (I was alone so I needed firepower).

But how do you get the survivors to follow you? I couldnt get any respons from them, so after a while I left them to get away from the island. I think I found everyone..

edit: started to play in the editor. I could get the yombies to attack me when I added the description.ext from your mission. The template was missing that.

But I cant get a marker with "'REPEATED'" to work. The yombies spawn the first time, but when I reenter noone spawns. ONCE and INFINITE works. I looked through your mission and you never use 'REPEATED'..

Anyway, thank you for very good yombies!!

EDIT: When digging around I found this comment in init_game.sqf. Maybe this will help people having problems with AI not attacking?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Unfortunately, there is a bug, which affects acquiring targets by the AI.

// To get rid of the bug, we still need some Resistance unit placed on the map,

// in the mission editor - the CreateCenter/Group won't do the job alone.

I have found a solution to max 144 yombies. Its just a small change so I will post it here soon, I must test it some more first.. Right now I´m playing a MP game and my yombie kills are 147.

If my calculations are right the new max number is 572 yombies. I just have to prove it, so I´m chasing them around in a M113 on Rahmadi as we speak.....

----------------------------------------------------------

OK. Arma crashed when I had shot about 500 and had many of them still coming straight for me. Arma did not crash because of the yombies, just the normal "inconvenience" (8800 user).

I hope 5133p39 dont mind me doing this? Nothing else is changed from 5133p39s excellent vision and job except the max-number.

To to raise the yombie-count (143*4) you have to add some code in 2 files.

The first file is init_game.sqf which you will find in the /yourmissionfolder/yomies/.

Find this code:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ySide = createCenter Resistance;

// Center created for creating new groups when spawning new yomies.

// Unfortunately, there is a bug, which affects acquiring targets by the AI.

Change it to this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ySide = createCenter Resistance;

ySidee = createCenter East;

ySidew = createCenter West;

ySidec = createCenter Civilian;

// Center created for creating new groups when spawning new yomies.

// Unfortunately, there is a bug, which affects acquiring targets by the AI.

The other file is spawn_yomie.sqf located in yourmissionfolder/yomies/funcs/.

Find this code:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_pos = _this select 0;

_type = _this select 1;

_i = _this select 2;

_grp = createGroup ySide;

Change it to this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_pos = _this select 0;

_type = _this select 1;

_i = _this select 2;

_grp = createGroup ySidec;

_grp = createGroup ySidew;

_grp = createGroup ySidee;

_grp = createGroup ySide;

Thats all.

I had, before the crash, a killing spree in yombies on Rahmadi. You can choose to pump out all yombies from one marker, or divide into different. You can have all as civilians or whatever.

This doesnt change anything else, the only differens is that the maximum amount of yombies are 572 (four units are needed as normal units). But every group you add, no matter side, takes away one yombie.

Is there any way to get rid of the crappy view distance without the zombies losing interest? I dont want a small view distance, but if i enlarge it, that makes the zombies spawn that distance away, it seems a bit silly.

Any help would be great.

Cheers, Timmy.

I have been thinking of ways to put in action my last post back on page 6 or something. I have been looking around and found the Dynamic Group Creator scripts which I have found incredibly useful. There is also the body remover script which I was thinking could maybe be tweaked to allow yombies out of distance to be considered a status (such as dead [no pun attended]) that will allow them to be used by the script; therefore, tricking the game into thinking that yombies further than specified view distance are considered worthy of being removed: such as a unit who is killed being removed. I am currently investigating my theory to hopefully come up with a working script so that those large scale missions may be finally complete without busting the 144 barrier.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am currently investigating my theory to hopefully come up with a working script so that those large scale missions may be finally complete without busting the 144 barrier.

I have busted that limitation. I can have 572 undead.

There is also the body remover script which I was thinking could maybe be tweaked to allow yombies out of distance to be considered a status (such as dead [no pun attended]) that will allow them to be used by the script; therefore, tricking the game into thinking that yombies further than specified view distance are considered worthy of being removed: such as a unit who is killed being removed. I am currently investigating my theory to hopefully come up with a working script so that those large scale missions may be finally complete without busting the 144 barrier.

Yes, this would be brilliant if you can pull it off.

On another note, I'm sorry to say this Andersson, but its not that impressive if you break the 144 barrier, without a body removal script its pretty useless as performance suffers dramatically. 144 yomies spawning and respawning is well over enough yomies, however, as their bodies pile up, the server will start to feel the heat. You get yomies jumping 3 feet at a time and you have no hope of hitting them, its like a slide show. sad_o.gif

Foxhound, if you could implement what you have mentioned, it would be brilliant. The original creator has already said that he won't be able to carry on with the yomies, but if someone wanted to take over, their more than welcome.

Hi!

I copied your template mission contect to my mission Then I:

-Placed a marker 50x50

-Named it yomie_spawn

-Added [10,'C','ONCE']

Result: They walk around and don't attack me. Where is the probleme?

NB: Your sample mission works well, but mine not.

This seems to be pretty hard so far. Does anyone who knows how to script help? Uzii, if we are able to find more people who are willing to do a community upgrade of this mod would be great because I'm not even a veteran scripter. Any help would be appreciated.

@ Delta-Force

I think he missed out the description file in his template, or some other important file. Un-Pbo his sample mission and copy over all the yomie files, and the init, and the description, then try.

@ Foxhound

My scripting knowledge gets me through most problems i encounter making a mission, but nothing of this caliber. If you have a specific problem, post it and I'll see if I can help. Its a long shot, but you could try and reach the creator directly (PM or email if you can find it?).

Thanks. I found out! These lines were missing in the init.sqs:

// set time of day and view distance to selected or default values

if (isNil "param1") then {param1 = 450};

if (isNil "param2") then {param2 = 6.5};

skipTime (param2 - daytime + 24) % 24;

These zombies are OFPEC blood incopatible, but NEM's are. Any possibility to fix it? I think it adds a little gore effect.

... is this yomie mod only working in singelplayer because if anybody is joining my mission i got an error message!?

I had sent Sleeper about 15 Custom Zombie faces to upgrade with the addon, along with about 16-20 sound files to add for the target recognition/idle sounds.

He said he would release it soon with new upgrades to the script.

This was 2 weeks ago.

Nice to hear from you Benxcore. Sounds great, hopefully he releases it soon so that I may build upon the new upgraded scripts to hopefully shed light on my little project. Any word from him since then?

Hey guys, sorry about asking all this stupid questions but I have allways some problems with this zombies. Example:

2 markers yomie_spawn and yomie_spawn_1

If I enter the first one zombies spawn!

If I enter the second one, zombies spawn!

But, if I enter the first one, exit it and enter the 2nd one, zombies dont spawn any more. crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

It's very strange...

You didn't give a very good description on how to install the template, which mission folder do I put it in, the Mission folder, with official missions, or the user mission folder, also.. Do I put the entire yomies_basic_template.Intro into the mission folder, or do I have to unpack the entire contents manually.

I am a total arma editing noob sad_o.gif So to open the template, I go inside the mission editor, and load a certain mission? I would really like some help. I will really appreciate it.

You didn't give a very good description on how to install the template, which mission folder do I put it in, the Mission folder, with official missions, or the user mission folder, also.. Do I put the entire yomies_basic_template.Intro into the mission folder, or do I have to unpack the entire contents manually.

I am a total arma editing noob sad_o.gif So to open the template, I go inside the mission editor, and load a certain mission? I would really like some help. I will really appreciate it.

You did not go to the website, or read the readme. Its all there.

Agreed. Everything you need to know is in the readme and website. To answer your question though, the mission folder should be in your My Documents/arma/missions folder by default.