Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

I was wondering if there is some way to make zombies die a bit easier if you shoot them any other place than head? In init_game.sqf file there is code:

iYInitDamage = 0.0;

// damage initially aplied onto each spawned yomie

Is this right line to edit? I noticed no difference when I tried different values.

Yes, the iYInitDamage should do it, ther than that - the yomies have relatively high armor values defined in the config.cpp, you can try to mes with them.

I started working on the Yomies again yesterday, so let's hope my new enthusiasm will last at least few days to allow me to get rid of the worst bugs.

I'm new to editing but I have the issue with multiplayer with the yommies not attacking anyone. One of the earlier posts said that I needed to get the description.ext from the sample mission how do I do that?

Yes, the iYInitDamage should do it, ther than that - the yomies have relatively high armor values defined in the config.cpp, you can try to mes with them.

I started working on the Yomies again yesterday, so let's hope my new enthusiasm will last at least few days to allow me to get rid of the worst bugs.

Thank you, editing config did the job. Hope to see updates.

So can anyone who's actually made a working mp mission tell me what additional stuff I need that isn't included in the template is required to make the mission work online?

I'm having trouble using this mod also. (and the CZM zombies too) the zombies seem intent on pasting themselves to the ground. Where they stay...

I'd like to fix it, make it better, add new features, etc., but i just don't have the energy.

I don't want to spend N hours per day just by trying to figure out how to do this or that, and in the end i allways find that in ArmA it is impossible to achieve what i want.

So i repeat again: if anyone wants to take over the Yomies, be my guest.

I can't say whether i will ever continue the work.

I am not asking you to fix it though. I was just asking for a file you already had present. I just want to know how to obtain description.ext. Does anyone here know what that entails?

And yes I know that this thread has been dead for a while.

After opening the basic template, I add a soldier (me) and a marker called "yomie_spawn" with [50, 'C', 'W', 'ONCE'] gives me an error message when I'm playing the mission. Any ideas?

Can you tell me what is the error message?

Otherwise it's hard to tell what the problem is.

...try looking in the RPT file, the error should be there.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

After opening the basic template, I add a soldier (me) and a marker called "yomie_spawn" with [50, 'C', 'W', 'ONCE'] gives me an error message when I'm playing the mission. Any ideas?

I tried it right now - no errors, but maybe it's some unknown bug.

Anyway, i played with ArmA1 and yomies for a while now, and i didn't encountered any error.

Make sure your ArmA is version 1.08 or newer (i recommend the latest patch 1.18)

Make sure the "yomies" ADDON is loaded by the game (in the editor, you should see a "yomies" category under the Resistance side).

Try it again without any other addons (if you were using any).

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

I miss the yomies :)

I just spend 30 minutes clearing the Rahmadi island from 50 zombies.

With fog and at dusk slowly becoming a dark night, it has nice atmosphere.

And how the zombies are sometimes able to creep up on you from behind, thats scary (no other game featuring zombies make me feel nervous when playing it).

I am not sure if this is the cause of your error message, but i found i made a typo.

To correct it, edit a script "_yomies_basic_template.Intro\yomies\yomie_spawn_on.sqf".

There, on line 26 is the error

_sizeInc + 0;

Replace the line 26 with this

_sizeInc = 0;

...but still its strange that it worked for me.

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Wow... i just made quick dirty port for OA, and guess what?!

IT WORKS!

I tried it on the desert map, with the module generated city, and the Yomies are running like crazy!

I can't believe it! BIS, it seems you made it!

Looks like i will be porting the Yomies to OA then.

Oh man thanks, it works now. Somehow I got mixed with the modfolders.

The error message was caused by entering wrong parameters, such is infinite not entered between quotes.

And awesome that they work on OA too mate.

I can't thank you enough for this mod mate!

Haven't found a quarantine server yet though.

Edited by Jklv

I am glad you like it.

No Quarantine servers? Can't help you with that, but i thought Quarantine uses

someones other zombies, not the Yomies - am i mistaken? It's a looong time ago,

i probably do not remember it all.

Yeah they use the yomies, it's on their readme.

I made a rewrite of the "wandering around" FSM.

Now it runs only one FSM which controls movement of all idle zombies, instead of running separate FSM for each zombie.

It should perform little bit better.

But i have a problem with execFSM (which i use to run the iddle FSM).

For some unknown reason it stops running after few minutes.

The reason seems something is wrong with that FSM of mine, because i tested the execFSM command on a very simple FSM which run for 6 hours before i stopped it manually.

So there shouldn't be a problem fith the command itself.

There must be something "wrong" in my FSM, but i get no error messages, no errors in RPT, absolutely no indication that something could be wrong.

Any word on how this is going so far? I'd love to see the Yomies return to OA!

well, i am in the "middle" of finishing rather big project, and things aren't going as fast as i would like, so i really really don't have the spare time.

But don't worry, Yomies are not dead ;-) they are perfectly undead, and when i get some more time, i will resume the work.

Excuse me for being the noob I am but when it comes to making a mission do you put "_yomies_basic_template.Intro" in the template fold and that's it or what? Excuse me for being such a noob.

Latest version is what you can download from the website (links in 1st post).

Warning: it's not finished, some planned features were never implemented, and there still could be some bugs.

I abandoned this project, and started to work on ArmA2 version of it, but that one is frozen too due to some AI problems (and also because lately i haven't got much free time to work on it).