Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

Dawn of the Yomies

You unpack it. You pull all the files except for the mission.sqf into your new mission folder. Say you saved your missions as OMFGYOMIESATEMYMOM. Look for that folder, then put All the files into that folder.

Now.

Go into the editor and open up the mission called OMFGYOMIESATEMYMOM and go to Markers, create an Elipse marker say 200 x 200. The name of the marker should be yomie_spawn. Now in the text part of the yomie_spawn marker, this is how you set how many yomies you want to spawn and what type, Civilian, West etc. Put [75,'C','ONCE'] Now you will have 75 Zombies spawn in the Civilian clothing once. You have to be close to the Markers outter rims to activate it.

This is a quick brief from the website basically. Its all really there honest.

But what I just said will get the zombies in the game.

When ever I use the editor and I export the mission to single-player, it is then saved as a pbo file. The mission editor through mission selector is useless as I get to a map with no player unit, nor can I use it to place markers. I am able to place markers in the editor that you can access through the main screen (I have the US Atari version), but that is of no use when I cannot link it to the yomies files

Dont export it as a single player mission, just save it, dont touch those buttons unless you absolutely need to.

Let me get this right.

You can set up spawn points and so on, in the editor and play them.

when you export it, there is no player, or other.

Solution 1: Download the mission from my link, unzip, load in editor, export it to single player. Did that work?

Or solution 2:

Download the link from previous post and unzip it, compare with your own mission folder, that is located in the documents and folder.

If some files are missing, just copy all the files from my zip, except the mission file, to your folder.

Go into the editor and export as single player and it should work.

Satchmo the man the myth the working class hero.

i got it figured out now, the mission.sqm file is saved in my documents in an arma folder there, and there aren't supposed to be quotation marks around yomie_spawn in the marker

thanks for all your help smile_o.gif

I'm having problems too. I've taken apart the sample mission, moving around the spawns, but the problem I have seems to be universal.

If I have two spawn areas, both with a 140 Yomies spawning in, approximately 500m away from each other, and I enter the first, the Yomies will spawn like they should, in their droves. However, when I jump in a chopper, fly to the next spawn area, land, give it a few minutes, I see a maximum of 2 Yomies. I fly back to the first spawn area, and low and behold, there are still loads of them milling around. My view distance is 600, but with the fog, its no more than 200.

I was under the impression that the Yomies disappeared once you left the spawn area and the were not chasing you. Does anyone else have this problem, because it seems pretty major to me.

Edit: It looks to me like when a Yomie is spawned in he will stay 'connected' to that spawn area, so it is impossible to have more than a total of 144 in all the spawn areas on the map, which make large zombie missions extremely hard to make.

The only other way it could be done, is if the 'move spawn area' code could be attached to a player, so the spawn area is constantly around him/her. If anyone knows the code to allow that, please could they post it? Cheers

Somewhere i read, that there can only be 144 yomies, as there can be only 144 groups and everey yomie is its own group.

edit: note to myself: always read the whole post.. whistle.gif

ok sorry

There can only be 144 zombies on the map at once, say 144 zombie spawn at your ONCE spawn, the first one. You move to the next spawn, no zombies will spawn, because they are at their max, fly back, shoot 5 zombies, now 5 zombies will spawn at the next spawn.

So when you leave the zone, they don't disappear like they should?

Edit: Could you (if you know) post the code for a spawn area that moves with the player? Cheers.

Hey,

Great scripts and addons, although I cant seem to figure out how to make them work in MP... Any step by step instructions or help would be much appreciated.

So when you leave the zone, they don't disappear like they should?

Edit: Could you (if you know) post the code for a spawn area that moves with the player? Cheers.

I don't think I they ever said they should "Disapear" when they leave. Though this is a suggestion you can push on Sleeper when he gets back.

Oh, I was under the impression they did:

Quote[/b] ]'INFINITE'

When killed, zombies will keep respawning immediately (after short timeout) until all non-zombie units leaves the area. When returning to the area, zombies will be spawned again. In short, zombies in this area will be constantly in full force while any non-zombie unit is present in the area.

Quote[/b] ]Spawn areas can be moved

Use the function...

...to the new wandering area.

If there are no non-zombie units present at the new spawn area location, and the zombies aren't already chasing someone, and they aren't in the view distance of any player, they will be removed.

I may be misreading this, but if what you say is true, it seems a bit of a limiting factor. You can't have the total of all the spawn areas exceeding 144 (if you are using 'INFINITE' which I am).

My question still stands though, for a work around; could anyone post a code for a movable spawn area that is attached to active players?

This addon is awesome. The only problem I'm having is that my AI guys fire off maybe one magazine, then don't continue to fight. They just stop shooting and get killed.

I may be misreading this, but if what you say is true, it seems a bit of a limiting factor. You can't have the total of all the spawn areas exceeding 144 (if you are using 'INFINITE' which I am)...

I was also wondering this. I have been working on a massive mission which requires the zombies to disappear and then respawn once a non zombie player enters the spawn zone. I am using the "Repeated" spawn option which I was hoping would work with my idea. I have not been able to fully test out if the zombies actually do disappear once the spawn zone has been left. I do not know if I am confusing myself, but if the zombies do not disappear with repeat spawn option after the player has left the spawn area, then I think this could be a valuable addition to such a magnificent mod.

I'm glad someone else has had the idea of a large scale zombie mission. I think what you said would be an amazing addition to this mod. (It's a relief to find someone else who can see where I'm coming from biggrin_o.gif).

None of my squad members shoot the zombies in your sample mission is there a problem.

Great work!  I had been doing some editing with the CZM and put together a whole bunch of sounds that I had developed/purchased the rights for as part of a previous project.  I have some great sounds that you might like to add to your mod (screams, music, etc...) that would be good for mission makers.

Flick me an email at icemotoboy@hotmail.com and I can zip them up and send them through to see if you'd like them.

IMB.

I'm glad someone else has had the idea of a large scale zombie mission. I think what you said would be an amazing addition to this mod. (It's a relief to find someone else who can see where I'm coming from biggrin_o.gif).

My friend i had this same idea, i've created the majority of the mission. it uses the urban patrol respawn script to simulate bandits walking around. You have various tasks to complete, or there is an additional survival mode. you have to eat and sleep as well, all of this is pretty much finished, i just need to get more than 144 zombies or something.. because it is a large map, and zombies are a major part. yet i haven't quite perfected how to evenly spread out 144 zombies.

I know what you mean... its seriously limiting. My mission was a basic one, travel from one side of the South island to the other. Cars randomly placed in the towns, with very limited fuel... just enough to get to the next urban area. So in each town u had to find a ride, while fending off hordes of Zombies. All is well in the first town, but after that, the towns are deserted.

Its on hold now, until the maker gets back from his 'holiday'. I've switched to making small scale basic missions, defend for so many minutes, or a search and rescue in one town...

Now I'm trying the body remover script he has supplied us with, but I can't get it to work.

i'm back, but i am little busy right now.

Just a few quick words trying to answer your questions:

1. Zombies should be removed when they are not chasing someone and when they are not in the view distance of any player.

But for this to work, the variable <span style='color:blue'>param1</span> must be set to the value of intended view distance, and array <span style='color:blue'>aPlayers</span> must contain references to all players (read my previous post about temporary solution by replacing content of the script <span style='color:blue'>\yomies\srv_loop.sqf</span> - there is a bug in the code i posted, you can fix it by removing the parenthesis at the start of line 17).

2. Its possible that yomie's sounds are heard very far away, i need to find the correct values of the sound params inside the inner classes of the cfgSounds class - if anyone knows what the values should be, let me know.

3. If your teammates aren't attacking the zombies, something is wrong in your mission. Use the basic template.

In the basic template the zombies are attacked by everyone including uber dumb civilians (it takes them a while, but eventualy they will attack) - and i am talking about default BIS units, if you are using any other addons then i can't guarantee anything.

The problem can also be caused by inability of the soldiers to recognize the zombies as targets - i witnessed this myself, first my squad killed two zombies on their own, but then after weather conditions worsened, they stopped firing at the zombies.

Maybe the zombies aren't recognized (in bad foggy weather, the AI sees them as "Unknown") and need more config.cpp tweaking.

4. If you read the docs, and you still don't know how to make a new mission with the yomies, i don't think i can help you - i cannot teach computer basics to everyone, if you don't understand things like "unpack it to your mission directory", then ask for help in some "learn computer basics" topic.

No offense, but i think the docs are plain enough - my english can be really bad, but the docs should be still readable and understandable, and if you can't understand it, then you need to learn some really really really basic computer skills - and that is not the purpose of this topic.

Just ask some friend, or use some other topic, pretty please.

@satchmo: (and anyone else) if you think you can rewrite the docs in better way, or you have any particular suggestions, let me know, or do it and send it to me, and i will put it on the website. I am doing what i am doing as good as i can.

5. You don't have to spawn 10000 of zombies to make large zombie missions. You can just use more smaller 'infinite' spawn areas. As was written before, the max. number of spawned zombies is 144, and there is nothing we can do about that (grouping isn't possible due to some FSM problems and in-group knowledge sharing, and i don't think i can find any workarounds for all this).

...i will soon release new version of the template and the addon, probably tomorrow night.

Your first point sounds helpful, I'll look into that tomorrow. I have a small question about the remove body script, it doesn't seem to work. I've been playing around with it for hours on end, but after playing about with it, the closest I get is when it returns an error about a certain part:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_bDelete = (({alive _x && _body distance _x < iViewDist*(1-fog)} count aPlayers) == 0);

I was wondering, if you could make a script that removes bodies after, say, 20 seconds? I have searched high and low, but there seems to be a great lack of body removal scripts which aren't attached to another mission. There must be a simple way to remove bodies, surely? confused_o.gif

Good to have you back anyway. This is *THE* Zombie mod out, keep up the good work.

My soldiers aren't killing any zombies in your SAMPLE mission though. I didn't change it in any way I just moved it to my missions folder.

I'm still having trouble with something. IM trying to get my zombie to spawn with the default createvehicle. What do i need to add to his init to make him become a true yombie?

"yomie_Civilian21" createunit [getpos David ,jas,"_yombie=this"]

Are yall going to just ignore my post or are yall going to tell me why in the hell my soldiers don't attack the zombies in the SAMPLE MISSION.

Alright, calm down. When 5133p39 posts back I'm sure he'll address your problem. We've all got something we want fixed or told how to do with this addon, but its not going to happen overnight. Just wait until he posts back.

If my memory servers me correctly, AI was disabled in my sample mission. So your either playing it single player, which I haven't a clue about, or you have EDITED it in some way and so you may have unintentionally altered some of the scripts.

We had trouble using template on dedicated (1.08), zombies spawned, there was NO lag (12+ players) but they didn't attack us when we entered the village biggrin_o.gif

We tried using sample mission and there the zombies attacked us, but one error still popped up.

Missions work on non-dedicated server.