Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

haha.. Nice sound & pic demo... pistols.gifrofl.gif

Downloading....

yay.gif

This add on is magnificent.. Love the camo patterns along with the weapons yay.gif ... Keep up the good work.... smile_o.gif

I'm not sure what Frostbite's complaint about the "M16A1M203" was, but I carried one when I was in the Army, so, yes, they did exist.

Hi ALL ,

Somebody requested a new sound of G3 , to replace my old sound

Here's my own from realistic shootout and videos

Download sound

To Lee_H._Oswald:

You was right , with G3 and Hk23 those are old ,but real sounds , i will soon release a new sound of the HK23

Look for my new G3 sound

wink_o.gif

I'm not sure what Frostbite's complaint about the "M16A1M203" was, but I carried one when I was in the Army, so, yes, they did exist.

have you even seen the model that is used this addon? It´s a fictional design with the M203 directly attached to the triangular handguard of the M16A1.

This version does not excist for as far as I know. There is only a version more or less like it and that is the xm-148 used in the vietnam war and was only shortly used as an experimental weapon before it was further developed into the M203

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl07-e.htm

sorry for my ignorance in these themes , but is it correct that the tracers are visible every single bullet ? anyway i love them , they are very useful to calculate the shot on long ranges smile_o.gif

Heya :

Here's my some new sounds into Racs ver3

-new sounds of G3 , HK23e , M-14 and M-60

Download

I hope you will like it wink_o.gif

Great work Robert, thank you for releasing the first side project of the Jam file, now we have one option wink_o.gif

btw, I'm glad most of you guys are liking this addon wink_o.gif

Anyone else sees some strange things in textures' alpha channels? That's something new, a quick insight in what these do?

Or was there a format update and I only see weird things in TexView and Gate Builder?

I've also noticed the name sufixes... Do these make any sense if we're not using the new tools? I mean, I thought these are only for converter, not ARMA engine.

Quote[/b] ]Anyone else sees some strange things in textures' alpha channels? That's something new, a quick insight in what these do?

Or was there a format update and I only see weird things in TexView and Gate Builder?

No not really besides the Muzzle Flash that you probably can't see in Gate Builder all the rest was made in DTX1 format,please show me a picture of what you are referring to so I can help you.

Quote[/b] ]I've also noticed the name sufixes... Do these make any sense if we're not using the new tools? I mean, I thought these are only for converter, not ARMA engine.

You mean the normal map sufixes? like _nohq and _smdi? if so no it doesn't matter much but for a question of organization I like to call them correctly.

oh those biggrin_o.gif

It seems to me that Gate Builder doesn't like some texture formats and it makes that effect inside the program. I think that really has nothing to do with normal mapping, it just happens in some models and than in some it doesn't. However I can't explain why, you have to ask to bxbx he made the tool biggrin_o.gif

However if you save the textures in DTX5 it seems that in most of the cases it doesn't happen, so it might be the way photoshop compresses some textures in DTX1, I'm sorry if I can't help you better confused_o.gif

i've been impatiently waiting for theese...

and now the wonderfull day arrives, and i forgot my memory stick at home. Tonight is the only time i could play ofp for about a week...

i'm sure all you lads here in this thread can imagine what a horrible week this'll be for me, as i know the best unit and weapon addon for arma was released and i cannot try it out. ;-(

Absolute KUDOS to Skaven for his attitude towards modifications by users. This is something i'd wish for the whole community. Commenting all the files is the whipped cream on top of the cake!

(for myself i'll most likely will ad 6 sense tracers to the jam file for me, and create a replacement to replace US army in the campaign)

is it possible have a list of name of weapons and ammo for editing missions?

Quote[/b] ]is it possible have a list of name of weapons and ammo for editing missions?

Have you tried reading the readme file?  biggrin_o.gif

new game, new crowd, same old problems biggrin_o.gif

I really like this addon but the new G3 sound has an after sound that comes after the bang sort of sounds like it was recorded in an indoor fireing range the V2 G3 sound sounded like it was more real no background noise.#

Keep up the good work.

Skaven this pack is really good.

I played for hours with your weapons and it's a lot of fun.

There are only a few things that could be better/different imho.

1. The rounds on the ammobelt of M60 and M249 look a bit too big

2. The Scoped G3 is German and the non-scoped is Norse.

Could you make a German non-scoped, too?

3. The Norse G3 has a casing deflector on the right side. It's not a loading handle. You have put it in "Zasleh" it seems to me.

4. Remove the Stock of the Ingram.

5. Use Animations instead of "Zasleh" selection as in Solus' XMS.

6. Make the FAL sights more detailed.

7. Make the Revolvers Cylinder rotate

I hope you have the time to do that.

Version 4 will take some months to be released since I have a project in the middle but I won't forget all your nice suggestions and help.

Ty Freshman wink_o.gif

Another suggestion...only if possible...can the M249 use Colt magazines? When u finish the big ammo box u can keep from some soldiers Colt magazines and use them too.

Like this:

ERA-CA-249P-007.jpg

Hey mate, one thing I spotted:

- Anaconda's trigger anim isn't working.

- When the M249 belt empties, the rounds are still visible in the top of the ammo box.

Great work, broham.

Quote[/b] ]- Anaconda's trigger anim isn't working.

I noticed. that's bug number 1 tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]- When the M249 belt empties, the rounds are still visible in the top of the ammo box.

Yes I'm having problems hiding that piece of belt, I'll try to make it better on the next version.

btw, just for fun and because I wanted a Sniper rifle to play around I imported this weapon wink_o.gif

AWP.jpg