Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

wow nice work

any chance you could make ammo boxes so other units can use the weapons smile_o.gif and i keep running out of ammo on my missions using the m60 coz there no ammo box smile_o.gif git some!!!!! come get some!!!! smile_o.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif very nice work any chance of having an m1 carbine? implimented into next version? or a grease gun smile_o.gif

There is an ammo box mate check the ammo in the editor, it's called "Weapons&Ammo Box Mercs" wink_o.gif

ok cheers smile_o.gif

but you still have to do the m1 carbine and grease gun pritty please smile_o.gif you could make a erly mercs pak before the USMC came to help they had old guns smile_o.gif it could be like the movie RED DAWN smile_o.gif awsome

Quote[/b] ]ok cheers smile_o.gif

but you still have to do the m1 carbine and grease gun pritty please smile_o.gif you could make a erly mercs pak before the USMC came to help they had old guns smile_o.gif it could be like the movie RED DAWN smile_o.gif awsome

We'll see in the future wink_o.gif

For now and after being requested I'm trying to find a way to release this weapon for you guys wink_o.gif

awp_2.jpg

release a new ammo box with that weapon in it

That's my idea biggrin_o.gif

With all bugs mentioned fixed but it will be a 30mbytes zip file biggrin_o.gif

Let's see what more I can come up with wink_o.gif

MUAHAHAHA i will be waiting smile_o.gif

IMPRESSIVE!!!! VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! notworthy.gif

Like always... AWESOME job Skaven! I just love your work! thumbs-up.gif

nice looking rifle! maybe a bit big though comparted to the civilian holding it. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skaven you're just spoiling people now.

not really whistle.gif

PSG1.jpg

Wow. Will these beauties have standart M24 scope or something more interesting?

Probably something different, btw, this is a different release it as nothing to do with the Racs, I'll probably just ship it inside the ammo box as referred before wink_o.gif

thx thx thx that you will add more weapons inlove.gif

i would buy you a beer if we would live close to each other biggrin_o.gif

Ty all, I needed some Sniper Riffles to play MP with tpM so I imported this ones, I will release them later.

In the mean time I've started working on the side project I've mentioned some time ago (later I will give you guys details about it). wink_o.gif

tell us now bro and what do you plan to do when you get the ARMA tools if they get released ? tell us man and we can give you ideas

i got lots of ideas any things possible when we have the correct tools

i was thinking of making a missing buildings mod there are no supermarkets and no high rises in shrani and there are on proper banks

just think of having a fire fight in wall mart against the bad guys biggrin_o.gif

With the tools available we can do as much as we will do with the next O2, the only thing that may change is that it might make things easier that's all. The only tool that will allow you to make new things (not new but better) it's the next Visitor, however making a good Island takes months of hard work (this assuming you know about the business or else it will take years).

So, my plans:

1 - I intend to keep balancing our game, that's why I gave the Racs a pretty good arsenal of weapons, in the future I will give them vehicles at least a Truck and a Tank. I like the idea that my Racs do balance the game for the Independent side they just need vehicles and that will happen sooner or later, probably on a combined effort with other/others addon makers since my specialty is soldiers and weapons mainly.

2 - The project I'm working at this moment (secret for now) which will balance things even more and it's part of something I talked in my first Racs thread, I'm working side by side with a very good addon maker and I think it will be a great surprise for some of you guys.

3 - A combined Multi Player pack so we can have servers hosting good missions with good addons. The success of this project is away beyond my hands but to resume it's a Pack with the best addons combined in one, covering all sides, for this to work I will need not only addon makers but mission makers too as well as a large support from the Major ARMA websites.

It must cover like 75% of the community or it will be a failure, so... it's a big plan but risky that's why I have been planning it ever since and every now and then I contact people to change ideas (brain storming) and to learn their opinions so I can have the correct support when the time comes.

My vision about addons is to make something that will benefit the game according to what BIS made and according to the community's releases. So, today I see a great opportunity in making something big for us all, something that will with no doubts join people. One of my first steps was to start helping lots of addon makers on the background as well as leaving my work open for everybody to understand and commented every time possible.

I believe that there are a lot of talented people out there that just doesn't make addons because they think it's too hard. Lots of CS artists tell me that they don't work for ARMA because of it's complexity.

I'm trying to make things easier (according to my knowledge and findings) writing tutorials and helping people every time possible because this is the first step to my 3rd plan. Together we can make something really big, who knows? Maybe I get lucky wink_o.gif

For now I work on plan 1 and 2 while delivering things the community asks that don't exist in our game, at this moment two brand new sniper rifles to go along with the nice M24 and the Dragunov as well as the TRG available in the Swiss Pack wink_o.gif

Excellent work and a great mod.

Is there no way to disable tracers in the difficulty menu at all?

I have already added it to a nice MP mission I am running for my friends shortly.

Thanks again and I look forward to some more of your hard work!

Quote[/b] ]Is there no way to disable tracers in the difficulty menu at all?

Don't think so mate, but in version 4 I will give you guys both options, with or without tracers.

Quote[/b] ]Can u release a shotgun too? A benelli or a Spas12?

Maybe in version 4... .

Sorry for not being much time online but I'm working on a side project that I'm very close to reveal to you guys, 40 hours of work so far and it's looking very good, stay tunned, I believe you guys will like this a lot biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there no way to disable tracers in the difficulty menu at all?

Don't think so mate, but in version 4 I will give you guys both options, with or without tracers.

It works for the BIS rifles since ArmA version 1.08. whistle.gif

That's why there are 2 settings for tracer colour in the config.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tracerColor[] = {0.8,0.1,0.1,0.04};

tracerColorR[] = {0,0,0,0};

The second one sets the colour for when rifle tracers are disabled in the difficulty options, I guess the 'R' stands for realistic. With the BIS weapons, the difficulty setting disables tracers for rifles and leaves them for other weapons which should have them.

Big mistake, I didn't updated that (just tried as you said and it works), thanks for your help mate biggrin_o.gif

Big mistake, I didn't updated that (just tried as you said and it works), thanks for your help mate biggrin_o.gif

No problem smile_o.gif

Also, will your next version be compatible with the SIX Tracers mod? I always play with that mod since the tracers look so much better.

One minor bug I noticed it that the muzzle flash (when viewed from 3rd person) seems to have some transparency glitch that lets you see through buildings and objects.

The sniper rifles don't seem very accurate, hard to hit distant targets. Maybe that's intentional though. confused_o.gif

Anyway this is a excellent addon overall, especially the weapons. And now it doesn't look weird when the RACS are in the north since they finally have camo to match the area smile_o.gif