Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

Quote[/b] ]...and make the HD soldiers into groups (F2 ones)? *puppy eyes*

That's something I missed big time, I will do it in Version 4 for sure.

Quote[/b] ]One of these days I'm actually going to release the campaign I've been working on with these bad boys. Keep up the good work!

I'll be the first one playing your campaign biggrin_o.gif

sad_o.gif

Skaven PLEASE! PLEASE! bring back that uzi with the wooden stock back in pack #4. I loved that gun bro. I know it wasn't you favorite but please, please bring it back. Your pack is one of my most used addons.

Lamar

We all can notice that some soldiers have bag on their backs. Is it possible to make this bags removable and usable?

Or are they just eye candy? without any use at all..

Would be also nice to add a bagpack capable for use..

BIS models = (at this point in time) untouchable, :. bag = eye candy only.  wink_o.gif

You could get rid of bag by assigning a transparent texture Cameron.

Just find the correct texture and fill it with black in alpha.

So, theretically, you could for example remove the helmet from soldier's head without editing models.

Panda and Cameron have answered everything for me, ty my friends smile_o.gif

@ July 22 2007,19:38)]
BIS models = (at this point in time) untouchable, :. bag = eye candy only.  wink_o.gif

You could get rid of bag by assigning a transparent texture Cameron.

Just find the correct texture and fill it with black in alpha.

So, theretically, you could for example remove the helmet from soldier's head without editing models.

Could be an issue fixing hit geometry, however, but I never thought of it that way. Nicely.

I was wondering if there is a know fix to the bug where you respawn with an mp5 instead of your regular weapon. A couple of friends and I have been playing with your addon and it gets to be a pain having to go back to an ammo box and get your gun again. Any help would be appreciated.

The only way I know to fix that is to use a script to respawn you with the weapon you died with. You can find that script Here.

FlyinBullets

Hello Skaven.

Nice job with this addon, I love it and I have already some missions using this addon under progress. I have one request though - Could you make your weapons less accurate, so they would be equal with the HD weapons? In my mission you are armed with your weapons and the enemy is armed with the HD ones, so it doesn't seem good when you can make so good hits and enemy can't hit you at all unless you're close enough to them. confused_o.gif Thanks.

Have you tryed increasing there skill level to max? That would also have a great effect on their accuracy.

Yes, I did that, but it doesn't really help, it only makes their aiming faster. And it isn't exactly what I want, I like it that way when they're more inaccurate than with BIS weapons. I just wanted Skaven's weapons to be equal with those weapons too. confused_o.gif

HD-versions would be good biggrin_o.gif À la the original JAM-HD system (with groups n' all).

But, of course, for some reason the HD-ifying doesn't quite work as well as in OFP. I wonder why? I remember playing some missions with Ebud's new version of Tonali + opfor (maaaan we need that in ArmA, stat!wink_o.gif, and at longer ranges you could pretty much stand out in the open with like 10 people or so trying to shoot the hell out of you and missing as long as they're like 200m+ away.

With these HD weapons...well...frankly I still find them to be at least 75% as effective as before. You sure you didn't use a modded armaprofile.cfg file when you designed them, Skaven? Cause not everyone has changed the whole "precisionEnemy" thing tounge2.gif

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]Hello Skaven.

Nice job with this addon, I love it and I have already some missions using this addon under progress. I have one request though - Could you make your weapons less accurate, so they would be equal with the HD weapons? In my mission you are armed with your weapons and the enemy is armed with the HD ones, so it doesn't seem good when you can make so good hits and enemy can't hit you at all unless you're close enough to them. Thanks.

Well, my weapons can of course be made less accurate to equal HD but than you will have two problems:

1 - They will be a lot worse than BIS default ones.

2 - At long range, say like to something above 400 meters it will be very hard to hit anything. confused_o.gif

What could and maybe should be done was a duplication of my weapons in HD version... smile_o.gif

Well, my weapons can of course be made less accurate to equal HD but than you will have two problems:

1 - They will be a lot worse than BIS default ones.

2 - At long range, say like to something above 400 meters it will be very hard to hit anything.  confused_o.gif

I don't see a problem there, as long as the mission editor uses the BIS HD weapons for the oppositing side... icon_rolleyes.gif

The duplication isn't a bad idea. Do what you want, as long as you HD them! smile_o.gif Will be looking forward to it. Thanks for answering.

Great job dude but say can u add a green uniformed model as well

really nice stuff, someone should mod this into favourite maps like evolution if thats possible!

hey Skaven any chance of making a sabotour soldier into the racs that carries satchel charges? smile_o.gif i know troops can be customized in the mission editor with load outs but sometimes it would be nice with just the fast click it in way. wink_o.gif oh and a AA soldier biggrin_o.gif

Silenced weaponry wouldn't go amiss either. whistle.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I haven't been answering much in this thread because I can't work on two mods at the same time, but soon there will be news about my Racs don't worry people, and ty wink_o.gif

Hi Skaven,

Wouldn't a LR-300 be a nice gun for your Racs(but then without scope). Like this one here.

All right I already thought so rofl.gif but can't you convert it to arma and release it in a weaponcrate together with some other weapons converted from cs:s. There are some really nice rifles made for that game. this site has a lot of weapons made for css. I would apreciate it.

Lennard. smile_o.gif