Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

One minor bug I noticed it that the muzzle flash (when viewed from 3rd person) seems to have some transparency glitch that lets you see through buildings and objects.

Yes, you've made a mistake in CfgTextureToMaterial - the paths are pointing to ...\Tx\... instead of ...\Zh\... IIRC.

I also think that 5+ resolution LODs is an overkill. There is really no difference between 1.7k and 1.5k LOD and too many lods with only little difference aren't good performance-wise.

But that's a digression.

PS. I am working on anims atm. Have the M249 done. You need to add a named property autocenter=0 for axes to work right. (or wait for me to finish wink_o.gif ).

Cheers.

I have to fix all those things I noticed the zasleh wasn't correct like 2 hours after uploading my work, about the animations well I changed them radically, but it's always nice to have your examples Panda[PL] since they are a lot better than mine biggrin_o.gif

btw, congrats for the .45 pistol great work mate wink_o.gif

Small, small note: in your readme you state the name of the light machinegunner is Ska_LMgun, whereas it's obviously Ska_MercLMgun (following the same pattern as all the other named soldiers ^^)

Same thing with the second one -> Ska_MercLmgunT2 instead of Ska_LMgunT2.

I noticed randomly that this also goes on in the config.cpp : i.e., in the beginning you've defined all the units like so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class SKA_Rac_Mercs

{

units[] = {"Ska_MercOff", "Ska_MercSol", "Ska_MercGrenadier", "Ska_MercMiner", "Ska_LMgun", "Ska_MercMgun", "Ska_MercMedic", "Ska_MercAT", "Ska_MercSniper",

"Ska_MercOffT2", "Ska_MercSolT2", "Ska_MercGrenadierT2", "Ska_MercMinerT2", "Ska_LMgunT2", "Ska_MercMgunT2", "Ska_MercMedicT2", "Ska_MercATT2", "Ska_MercSniperT2"

But in the actual config they're both named:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Ska_MercLMgun: SoldierGCommando

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Ska_MercLMgunT2: SoldierGCommando

Not a biggie, unless you're planning on spawning them (like I was ^^).

Great units, by the by!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Fatal mistake, it's fixed now Wolfrug, ty. wink_o.gif

Some things are too perfect to be explained by words, so I'll skip the explanation part and I'll just go straight to the how this happened.

Some time ago Sickboy approached me asking to use some of my weapons on his 6thsense MOD and I said sure np Sickboy. Some days after, Panda[PL] sent me a pm with a picture of some animations he was doing on the weapons, well I saw the pictures and I was like, nice pictures but I doubt he will ever make this happen in ARMA (at least not like in reality).

Well... he made it... and it's perfect biggrin_o.gif

This will be released in Version 4 of my Racs but first (for a question of respect) I will wait for 6th sense's release so this is like an anti hi-jacking thread featuring Panda[PL]'s (6th sense) animations, it's their TEASER not mine I'll just follow their amazing work.

Enough of words, 2 pictures below and a youtube video below the pictures (both by tpM, thanks mate).

11301601831183817967.jpg

11301601831183817932.jpg

VIDEO HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMrzlLJX83M

OMG OMG OMG.

Get 'em released!

What I'd like to see:

- Bolt on G3 + FAL shifting during reload.

- Anything else ya got.

Quote[/b] ]This will be released in Version 4 of my Racs but first (for a question of respect) I will wait for 6th sense's release so this is like an anti hi-jacking thread featuring Panda[PL]'s (6th sense) animations, it's their TEASER not mine I'll just follow their amazing work.

It's Panda[PL]'s (6th sense) work so it's their release , I'll release it after they do mate wink_o.gif

Incredible! notworthy.gif

Can't wait for release biggrin_o.gif

Now this is how Arma will start to get the OFP feel...when you start seeing more and more cool mods being made like this.

could you possibly animate the gunner deploying the bipods on the MG´s and sniper rifles when he goes prown?

and opposite when he gets up again.... that would be really nice smile_o.gif

could you possibly animate the gunner deploying the bipods on the MG´s and sniper rifles when he goes prown?

I don't think there's a controller for that.

There is a chance however that it could be done with user defined action, like it was with building doors and rised soldier googles in OFP.

Now, I'm a big config noob and I cannot define these. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]could you possibly animate the gunner deploying the bipods on the MG´s and sniper rifles when he goes prown?

It won't be easy that's for sure.

btw: The man above Panda[PL] (from 6th sense) did it again, this time a perfect sniper rifle animation, a video will be uploaded tomorrow for you guys to check, it's again an amazing job, ty Panda[PL] wink_o.gif

Great stuff Panda and Skaven - thanks so much fellas biggrin_o.gif

btw: The man above Panda[PL] (from 6th sense) did it again, this time a perfect sniper rifle animation, a video will be uploaded tomorrow for you guys to check,  it's again an amazing job, ty Panda[PL]  wink_o.gif

Waiting with bated breath. This I gotta see. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT - Exactly which weapons is Panda taking care of? It'd be nice if they all got the same amount of attention, well, at least the MGs and sniper rifles, since there's not all that much to do on the ARs.

Skaven, I've recently fallen in love with these units and weapons and have started including them in missions. When my 82nd campaign gets further along, I might start releasing missions over time.

EDIT - Exactly which weapons is Panda taking care of? It'd be nice if they all got the same amount of attention, well, at least the MGs and sniper rifles, since there's not all that much to do on the ARs.

All three machineguns (HK23E, M60, M249) and the AWP.

The work is still in progress and I might expand it a bit.

Edit: on the cocking handle for HK familly rifles - I just did add it to HK23E durring reload, but it's not too visible, unless you lie down. It wasn't that hard after making the AWP. wink_o.gif

Nice - but is it possible to rotate the cocking handle out on the G3/HK23e as well (since the cocking handle is folded flat during operation, but unfolded outwards during reload so you can grip it to cock the weapon)? CS provides a good example.

I got the CH moving well on the FAL, G3A3 and HK23, but unless it is folded out on the G3 and HK23 during reloading (and I haven't got time to tinker with it), it's very hard to notice.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

EDIT - Damn forum ruining my diagrams.

Mate, you could do what I'm doing and get the CH working on the FAL variants and G3 variants as well as the HK23e too - it looks pretty uber.

Here's an example:

9.jpg

G3 cocking handle, laying flat for operation.

G3SG1cock2.jpg

G3SG1 cocking handle as per reloading. Ingame it would probably be impossible to put the handle in the locked position (e.g. out of the line of the slide) but it should be possible to make it stick out, eh?

Might have missed the issue in this thread somewhere, but do you plan on making empty shell casings fly a bit further in the next version? And that M60/249 animation is awesome.  biggrin_o.gif

Skaven, I've recently fallen in love with these units and weapons and have started including them in missions. When my 82nd campaign gets further along, I might start releasing missions over time.

Than please share your missions with us mate biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Might have missed the issue in this thread somewhere, but do you plan on making empty shell casings fly a bit further in the next version?

Yes, I can do that.

Panda[PL] your animations are having lots of success, congrats mate wink_o.gif

tpM is making a video showing Panda[PL]'s work on the AWP, he'll post it here soon,ty tpM biggrin_o.gif

and... very very soon (on a proper thread) my side project is going to be revealed to you guys by a talented addon maker I've worked with 4 years ago and now we did it again. For now let's just say you will get plenty of new soldiers and 14 new weapons, this time with scopes wink_o.gif

I think this will balance the game even more smile_o.gif

Hey all

Here is the AWP with Panda[PL]'s animations xmas_o.gif

and... very very soon (on a proper thread)  my side project is going to be revealed to you guys by a talented addon maker I've worked with 4 years ago and now we did it again. For now let's just say you will get plenty of new soldiers and 14 new weapons, this time with scopes  wink_o.gif

Ah, crap, more assimilation. icon_rolleyes.gif CMCD_Weapons is already busting 100MB here.

Hopefully that was a long enough pause to get my sarcasm across. Like I said before, severe asskickery. biggrin_o.gif

That AWP animation is nuts!

thats some asskicking animation there! smile_o.gif havent thought much myself of animations but some of my friends when we played ofp they said the game needed better animations i think i know what they meant now tounge2.gif would be cool if those would be put on m4 and others too even if maybe just small stuff. smile_o.gif

make game feel much more alive now. thumbs-up.gif

Can you work on M249 that can use Colt magazines too?

Like in this video of YouTube.

When the machinegunner finish his ammos...if he find Colt rifles...he can take more ammo from them and use its magazines.

That would be a good option for the RACS blokes, since they're firing A1s.

Problem: the magazine in the M249 would still be a 200 round box model, but with 30 M193 bullets in it. Game limitation, I guess.

Also, since the RACS are receiving US Army training, it may be that, similar to the US M249s, the magazine feed may have been removed.

would it be possible in the next version to release a optional replacement config like Mr. CameronMcDonald ACU units ? it would be great thumbs-up.gif