Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

They look like "Redneck Rampage goes Hillbilly island"

Dude, if you make that game, I'll buy it  tounge2.gif

@xav's screenshots: poor man's "Ride of the Valkyries"?

Rick

- Please include some REAL new units... Independent Blackhawk and mercenaries pickup trucks are mere re-textures... (Plus do not forget the SLA side...)

i agree. enough with the retextures already, the net's full with them because people don't have the mod tools. get those PMCs some different vests and helmets.

i guess the 505 and Atari releases were cheaper, then. and less buggy.

The 505 release is being sold at budget price (half the normal price) in some places, but originally it was at full price.

Since we are still playing it now, I guess it's safe to say that it was worth the money wink_o.gif

Edit:

Devils Cross? That the Atari exclusive?

considering that ArmA went mid-price pretty quickly here, i should have waited a couple of months. by then it would already have been patched once or twice.

i haven't gotten my money's worth out of it yet, i'm afraid. not that it matters much, but ArmA is one of the few games out of my 300-400 games that i should not have bought on release day.

yeah, Devil's Cross is the Atari exclusive mission featuring the A-10. it's of the same quality as the 505 exclusive mission, and pretty fun.

When it comes out i will see what players reviews are like before i buy it, cant trust anyone, i want to knw if my CTD will be fixed or not lol. if not i will go live my life the way its meant to be without computer games biggrin_o.gif as arma is the only game i play these days..

Fred DM, please use the edit button instead of double-posting. Thanks.

After watching those mercenaries i think that i prefer those ones released by ebud... specially the civilian ones...

Sorry to say but I'm not impressed. I rather see the moddingtools released... this is easy money.

Expansion ? Oo

Where are the tools?

sad_o.gif

But the rest sounds nice.

Nice theme for a campaign.

Rahmadi Conflict: The true conclusion to the original ArmA story, with enormous battles taking place within massive fortifications on the Rahmadi Island and brand new Porto Island.

Dont they mean SAHRANI? crazy_o.gif

Oh well,i cant wait to play a decent SP campaign, shame we have to pay for it.. tounge2.gif

(I hope it will come with some extra improvements, and i dont mean extra units/vehicles)

I like and welcome the idea of an expantion with new units, island, campaign, etc but:

I dont see anything decent so far, those mercs look silly and im being very polite here... cowboy hats? Pots with zippo lighters? Even Truth from gta:sa makes an apearance?

A retextured blackhawk and retextured trucks with PK's? (the gunners are sitting in the air btw).

I honestly would like to see the ultimate combat simulation take a significant step up, not fall down the stairs and into the ridiculous.

Please make something good out of it BIS!

New island, new units, new campaign and missions but believable fiction at least, so far i hope this is just a bad joke crazy_o.gif .

I like and welcome the idea of an expantion with new units, island, campaign, etc but:

I dont see anything decent so far, those mercs look silly and im being very polite here... cowboy hats? Pots with zippo lighters? Even Truth from gta:sa makes an apearance?

A retextured blackhawk and retextured trucks with PK's? (the gunners are sitting in the air btw).

I honestly would like to see the ultimate combat simulation take a significant step up, not fall down the stairs and into the ridiculous.

Please make something good out of it BIS!

New island, new units, new campaign and missions but believable fiction at least, so far i hope this is just a bad joke crazy_o.gif .

The gunners aren't even sitting. They are pulling on the back of the gun and have their knees bent.

I like the idea of this expansion all together. Im thinking that the PMCs look the way they do because they want it to be more about the individuals. Im imagining that if you lose one of those guys in a mission that he doesn't come back.

Expansion ? Oo

Where are the tools?

My thoughts exactly.

And I'm totally unimpressed by this. Just a retexture and a bit of model hacking. Nothing really new was shown or announced, at least in terms of core engine changes.

i think that you forgot who is developing this game....

Why do you think that bis will not improve the game with this expansion?? Hell, they always do it, with ofp and with arma, thay have never released an expansion/patch without fixing things...

And regarding the units...

First stage of ArmA:

http://www.fpsteam.it/img2005/armed_assault/Armed_Assault_02.jpg

Last stage of ArmA:

http://www.armedassault.com/pic_scr...._33.jpg

Don't worry, those screens can be modified by BIS, relax, and wait for more news wink_o.gif

Always good to have an expansion for sure, but the bitter taste remains that 1st of all the Arma campaign itself was so fubar that

BIS themselves should have come up with a free proper campaign before thinking about squeezing some more money from the Arma com for expansions.

Just my 2

Totally agree, ArmA's campaign just looks and feel like a very rushed project.

Looks interesting. If it gets good reviews I'll buy it.

It's not going to split the multiplayer community, is it?

I think a new campign with a fresh approach is a good idea, the ArmA one feels beyond repair. Not impressed so far though. I'm after mod tools and a new island please.

Always good to have an expansion for sure, but the bitter taste remains that 1st of all the Arma campaign itself was so fubar that

BIS themselves should have come up with a free proper campaign before thinking about squeezing some more money from the Arma com for expansions.

Just my 2

Totally agree, ArmA's campaign just looks and feel like a very rushed project.

Yeah they proberly need the money. Although the conclusion campaign could be giving to us free then have the merc campaign the in the expansion. :/ and i totaly agree with Heatseeker.

My Hopes:

*Rahmadi Campaign:

-Hopefully not just on Rahmadi (you can get about one mission out of that, maybe two) but on Sahrani

-Closer to the Operation Flashpoint Style campaign with getting to know the men around you.

*PMC Campaign:

-Closer to the Resistance Campaign. You lose a man he doesn't come back

*New Island:

-Big and not just Rahmadi #2

*New Units:

-Improve those PMCs a bit

-More RAC stuff

-More Rebel looking men

-More US stuff, chinook, apache, kiowa etc.

*Other

-Better command structure for more than a squad

I duno..I just can't seem to find myself excited over this, okay so we have two new campaigns and some merc's, what do we have in terms of things fixed?

I could be wrong but in the image with the technicals, the second one shows the hand positions to the weapon have still not been fixed.

Not sure what to think about the night image, although lighting seems a bit better, I sure with they would make the texture on those light ones more transparent.

However, and I may be looking at this wrong, will have to test later...the hand positions on the weapons or most displayed seem to be fixed.

All in all I and I'm sure much of the community, would rather like see some things fixed before an expansion pack comes out...this is starting to go too streamlining..

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens, afterall, its only JUST been announced publicly.

Guest Ti0n3r

Ditto on what Jakerod just posted wink_o.gif

Good news.

Yet..

Looks a bit (from the few screenshots I've seen) "gamey". A-team in Armed Assault. I'd still like to see confirmation that this is being developed by BIS.

Totaly unexpected I admit!

The main reason, Codemaster's Operation Flashpointâ„¢ 2 in my opinion...

Second reason, very bad ArmA campaign (oh my...I remember how I was happy when I saw Victor Bocan was comming back confused_o.gif )

Third reason, BIS need to keep community waken, otherwise lot of people will juts turn away and leave.

Fourth reason, hundrieds of megabytes of patches...i'm lucky to have U.S version but imagine patch with Queen’s Gambit content biggrin_o.gif . Imagine reaction when some noob biggrin_o.gif :P buy ArmA: Armed Assaut and see he need to download 1GB of patches!?.

I wish BIS luck!.

P.S. oh...ArmA is faraway from finished huh.gif