Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

Cool, multiplayer campaign etc... very nice.. I guess by the time the expansion comes out, we also get save possibilities in MP etc. etc.

New Island, cool too.

The publishers have the rights to the game, so it's not so weird that 505 published it...

Blues News adds this at the end...

Quote[/b] ]Word is the add-on will offer a pair of new campaigns, and include a new game engine that will allow the European and North American editions of the game to compete on the same battlefield

and this:

Quote[/b] ]- Final patch 1.08

The latest patch brings to the ArmA world new weapons, vehicles and characters, along with a new resource management feature and gun dealers. It also brings dozens of multiplayer and technical improvements, which finally enables North American players fight on the same battlefields as the International community.

Huh?!?! I would like to see some more citizen models for making missions where everyone doesn't look like they just stand around at the beach all day... we'll see I guess  smile_o.gif

Rick

I think it's a good expansion, two new campaigns, one focused on big army battles, the other one focused on spec ops and infiltration, more mp missions, one new island, gandalf (:rofl:) addon....

And maybe this expansion, focused on mp, will add more players to the arma universe.

Now we need ( i think this is essential ) the mod tools to let the community enhand the game smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]and include a new game engine that will allow the European and North American editions of the game to compete on the same battlefield

They don't seem to know what they're talking about. That's what the latest patch did.

whatever it may have itll add more content and thats what to look forward too

a few fixes to the game and whatnot would be nice as well smile_o.gif

Mercenaries, Sandy Island , some new missions?

I hope this expansion includes more (engine improvements) , because as of now this expansion doesn't sound all that interesting to consider buying it.

But I guess if that means BIS supports ArmA a little longer , I guess I will have too

If they keep the mercenaries like that they will earn some big laughters.

They look like "Redneck Rampage goes Hillbilly island"

Sorry, but the models in the screens are definately funny, but nothing else.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about, I think we can defiantly see that BIS is working on patches for us and are fixing the game (a hell of a lot better than all the other game developers, like DICE) and they're giving us an expansion with a new island.

Granted the mercs look a little silly at the moment, but maybe who ever is creating the expansion will listen to the community.

It's not like BIS is going to give up working on ArmA so they can release an expansion and then forget about the main game, I mean come on.

A new island would be nice thumbs-up.gif

... getting sick of Sahrani confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus

A new island would be nice thumbs-up.gif

... getting sick of Sahrani confused_o.gif

MfG Medicus

Well, I'm interested in the new Porto Island as well, since I don't see many servers with Ocramweb's Desert South SaraLite... This is really good news! yay.gif

Cool news.

A few points tho:

- Will the expansion be available in Europe only? (The news talk about 505 only...).

- Please include some REAL new units... Independent Blackhawk and mercenaries pickup trucks are mere re-textures... (Plus do not forget the SLA side...)

- Some females would be a good addition as well

Sorry, but the models in the screens are definately funny, but nothing else.

Yeah, the shorts and headgear are nice ideas, but they look silly in practice. And the old guy looks too much like Willie Nelson. Beard is cool, but maybe younger and with a ball cap.

This could be so cool, but could very easily go horribly wrong.

Looks good. Campaign seems promising. The standard one wasn't bad though. I thought it was Rambo-style shit the first 8 missions. After that it turned out the story was a lot more clever. One of the best stories I've seen. The implementation was a bit buggy though, but well worth playing.

But the problem is that the expansion won't be released in the US? Just in EU? The community would get out of synch, addons, islands etc.

More ArmA style and i'm very pleased. Here's few notes from my personal view point.

To be noted that i value ArmA's campaign higher than any OFP's campaign.

-Keep choosable missions or even choosable roles in campaign. I hate OFP's way to force play every goddam pilot/tanker/black op mission.

-Team switch off. Was not good idea, expacely final mission in ArmA was setback in good overall level of main-missions: Nearly impossible to do without using team switch. Blood, sweat and tears seems to have good touch in using team switch.

-Screw the storytelling from individual soldier's view and give me info of war. AAN-network's news was good idea, but maybe officer's (who actually leads the war/large unit), viewpoint would be better. Wide info works for me and not individual focus.

-Big battles with small role of player! If player and his squad chooses to get left behind, then he is left behind. Glory is for those who can keep up.

-Small battles like in OFP. Going on patrol, saving poor lietunant from enemy fire etc...

Am i disapointed... We'll see wink_o.gif

I would be quite happy with it, new island, new campaigns, new units. Considering the price of ArMa to other games it was cheap. So I would happely buy the expansion aswell.

cheap? ArmA v1.00 cost the same as every other new release. considering that it was horribly bugged and unplayable due to the SECUROM-bug, that was a rip-off, i have to admit in retrospective.

i guess the 505 and Atari releases were cheaper, then. and less buggy.

seems to me that this add-on will not be done by BIS. 505 have already done a good job with "Blood, Sweat and Tears". i believe they can pull it off. apparently, BIS can't.

While "Blood, Sweat and Tears" was a 505 exclusive (though the recent patch includes it in all versions now), I doubt that 505 actually made it.

I'm sure the expansion is being made by BIS, maybe with help (and maybe funding) from 505 (such as voice actors). Not likely that 505 have the tools and people to make new content for ArmA, they are a fairly small publisher.

Also, the site lists BIS as the developer.

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

well, i don't know. some people mentioned that 505 made that mission themselves. no idea if that's true. the fact is, that "Blood Sweat and Tears" (and the new "Devil's Cross") is several notches above the original ArmA missions in terms of quality and presentation.

to me it looks like 2 different teams were responsible for those missions. and if there is only 1 team (BIS), then i'd ike to know why the original ArmA missions are so much worse than the 2 new missions.

i guess the 505 and Atari releases were cheaper, then. and less buggy.

The 505 release is being sold at budget price (half the normal price) in some places, but originally it was at full price.

Since we are still playing it now, I guess it's safe to say that it was worth the money wink_o.gif

Edit:

Devils Cross? That the Atari exclusive?

I've heard by french community, that original Armed Assault will not be patched anymore (so people who don't buy this expansion can't apply future patch).

Is this true ?

ArmA stop at 1.08 and ArmA:Queen's Gambit will allow access to 1.09 and more.. ?

And maybe this expansion, focused on mp, will add more players to the arma universe.

great, more MP sad_o.gif . as if ArmA wasn't already focused on MP instead of Sp icon_rolleyes.gif .

seriously, including 2 new campaigns is a great step towards focusing more on the SP aspect of ArmA. and that's much needed.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about, I think we can defiantly see that BIS is working on patches for us and are fixing the game (a hell of a lot better than all the other game developers, like DICE) and they're giving us an expansion with a new island.

what's so bad about DICE? Battlefield 2 was very well playable from the beginning. can't say that about ArmA. also, BF2 was MP dedicated: it had stat tracking and all that. ArmA lacks that, thus its MP part is not interesting to me.

DICE patched BF2 several times and released a number of add-ons and booster packs. what's so bad about all that?

Hello all

interesting, if a bit leftfield stuff.

Merc units look like they came from the film "Deliverance".

"squeal, boy, squeal"

But, i must say they don't look in keeping with the Arma/ofp ethos.

Google or watch the news channels to see private security firms working in hotspots around the world and you'll see they dont look as "good ole boys" like these units, even though their uniform regs are seriously relaxed.

Or is the expansion based in the US "bible belt"?

Otherwise, interesting stuff, but unless they add alot more content and functionality (as Res did) I doubt Ill buy it.

rgds

LoK