Sign in to follow this  
OFman

Kolgujev

I started converting Kolgujev island from OFP. Overall, island converting (from OFP to ArmA) is quick and efficent. ArmA has almost all trees, bushes and building from Flashpoint but main problem is different size. In consequence, you can spot flying trees (for example). Without tools this bug can't be fixed.

I use ground texture from Drago Island, but I can change it to any you like, but you must prepare it for me.

Island will be released in few days, but only in alpha version at first . Without tools I won't push work through next test stages.

Some screenshots:

cain1vi3.th.jpg cain2qa1.th.jpg

cain3xi0.th.jpg cain4ys8.th.jpg

cain5sa4.th.jpg

Looking good, soon we'll have all the old OFP islands in ArmA xmas_o.gif . Can't wait for Nogova inlove.gif .

nice! another great old memory appon us.

thanks!

looks like "OFP" is back smile_o.gif

looks nice, keep up the good work notworthy.gif

You should try converting the Najaf Iraq map or some afghanistan maps from ofp over to ArmA if you can, and nice job on the ones you got so far.

Nice one mate. Can you do us all a favour? I'd like to know how this is done. Can you post up some step-by-steps? I'd like to know how to retain the permaforests of OFP too, like in the recent Everon conversion.

Will you also place an Airstrip? Not one with concrete but like the ons on the small island north of Sahrani.

As for the roads, Kolgujev is a island with villages that have been destroyed and allmost no people living on it anymore, so it would be looking great if the roads are also old looking.

i am waiting for stuff like that, very very waiting biggrin_o.gif

very good idea to abck OFP islands, because they ad this atmosphere wink_o.gif

or maybe even you can help with some of my islands made for OFP ?

Pretty good job and with all original ArmA objects ( Trees ) thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

I hope there will come a Everon version with all ArmA trees and forests too.

Great work sir - looking forward to running around the old islands! yay.gif

Screenshots would have been better if you had taken them with lighting that produced shadows. Looks almost "old school" in those screenshots.

Also, when whoever produces the new texture, they should include worn pathways to the doorways of buildings and openings in fencelines, since that is a possibility, now.

Keep up the good work!

sweet stuff maybe im thinking the green , yellowish should be a bit more dark green brownish. Cause it doesnt feel exactly like Kolgujev but i recognize the hills and stuff though smile_o.gif

btw would be a cool idea with a island outside the main island with a airport but imo i think maybe best to make a version without airport for the purists smile_o.gif there is always the scripts we can use if we wanna get planes landing anywhere or taking off. smile_o.gif

any new screens i wonder how the harbor in the north east side of the island looks like it was always a nice setting for a missions. smile_o.gif

and also the small sandy island in the south that when the tide was low enough soldiers could walk in the water to it when setunit pos' ed up. smile_o.gif

Guys, with the PMC working on the AEC etc, maybe it's a nice idea to bundle force and either use the AEC based islands for creating the seperate Islands, or create seperate Islands and move those back IN AEC or sth... Merely a suggestion, possibly saving time for some ppl.

i believe there will be some different and notable details on those islands.

I rader seperated islands and in the end, when all done without bugs, put them all together in just 1 map.

When its all said and done and there are 3 good versions of the original OPF islands, I'd rather see them all on one wrp like AEC. Performance is no longer an issue, so it would make editing and converting old missions easier (wouldn't have to switch back and forth in the editor, you could move same basic mission to another island in the same map for different flavors etc.) And it will allow everyone to have the same set of original islands. Between these efforts and CWC revivied, I think we'll have a few versions. I'm greatful to have these, though. Thanks for the efforts.

Let's see :

1) PMC Islands - Break out your hex editor and ignore anything BIS has said, and copy the islands over.

2) Community mashup projects mixing clobbered OFP models and bits and pieces of OFP and Arma tech in no particular or consistent manner.

3) CWR, which is trying to a native conversion so that the OFP maps will be properly converted, optimized, and properly (legally) carried over.

Which will it be? Let's have all of the above, to each their own, and never shall they meet...

Let’s See:

1.) PMC, Creator of WRP tool, thus allowing them to use their own methods of creation?

2.) Community "mashup projects" you say, offering at least diversity while we wait for the "tools"

3.) Shit we better all shut up, and wait for the god all mighty CWR team to give us everything we need! Hey everyone pack your bags, and let CWR deliver everything we need for this community, what does CWR stand for again? Cold War Released?

Your views are of course your own, but I think they are selfish, and you need to crawl out of someone ass, who ever you’re kissing.

Nick

At least the community share the progress of their "mashup's"

Thats a nice smack in the face you just gave the whole community there....

let me guess you are the CWR PR guy?

Let’s See:

3.) Shit we better all shut up, and wait for the god all mighty CWR team to give us everything we need! Hey everyone pack your bags, and let CWR deliver everything we need for this community, what does CWR stand for again? Cold War Released?

Your views are of course your own, but I think they are selfish, and you need to crawl out of someone ass, who ever you’re kissing.

Nick

The way you're discussing here and flamebaiting the CWR team is not acceptable.

+1 WL and a week vacation should give you enough time to cool down and think about what you have written above.

Let’s See:

Nick

The way you're discussing here and flamebaiting the CWR team is not acceptable.

+1 WL and a week vacation should give you enough time to cool down and think about what you have written above.

the way shinRaiden is flamebaiting PMC over and over again is?

Yeah come on bashing the community for trying to atleast bring something to the table? Whats that all about...

Smileys right...Why can the general community be criticized yet the CWR team are as protected as a snitch in the mafia? huh.gif